RU Threat List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Metal Burst can be taken as an offensive move, saying as it allows him to take he hit (which he obviously can) and then kill the poke that hit him, as long as they're slower than Bastiodon (and with base 30 Speed and a -Speed nature, that's pretty much everything). I actually used Bastiodon in Gen 4 NU/UU for a time, and that bitch can take an Earthquake from an Adamant max attack Nidoking, as a sign of its sheer bulk.
Yeah. The only truly notable things that OHKO him are stuff like Rhyperior Earthquakes or HJK from Medicham and whatnot. He even gets Sturdy, which nets him even more assurance from moves like that. And then when his dream world ability gets released (soundproof for some reason), he will be one of the best specsmega answers in existence, because he would be immune to bug buzz, take next to nothing from air slash, and would only fear HP Ground.

Specs Tinted Lens Bug Buzz eats Bastidon for breakfast. Just sayin.
Maybe you didn't hear the part where I said "WHEN HE GETS HIS DREAM WORLD ABILITY," and said ability will make him IMMUNE to Bug Buzz.

I hate idiots.

Anyway, just a little calculation, max sp.a specsmega never OHKOs 252/252 careful Bastiodon with HP Ground.

Archeops can be used on a team with Cofagrigus. Send out Cofagrigus on a physical hit thus transfering Mummy. Then switch to Archeops and then get Mummy.

Slaking does this better because he has Pursuit but eh whatever.

You can also make Archeops better with a Hone Claws set.

Maybe you didn't hear the part where I said "WHEN HE GETS HIS DREAM WORLD ABILITY," and said ability will make him IMMUNE to Bug Buzz.

I hate idiots.

Anyway, just a little calculation, max sp.a specsmega never OHKOs 252/252 careful Bastiodon with HP Ground.
How can you hear a text post?

Archeops can be used on a team with Cofagrigus. Send out Cofagrigus on a physical hit thus transfering Mummy. Then switch to Archeops and then get Mummy.
Oooooor in a more realistic scenario, the poke you give Mummy to will switch out or outright kill you in one turn.

Modest max sp. atk SpecsLens Yanmega Bug Buzz does 47-56% to Sassy max HP/ 0 Sp. Def Bastiodon, which is 154-183 damage. Max damage is just shy of Bastiodon OHKO'ing a Max HP Yanmega with Metal Burst without Rocks. And like anyone is running max HP on a sweeping Yanmega.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Apparently his dream world ability will be soundproof, which, not to be mean but Xephyr did say this RIGHT before you posted.

To be fair, Bastiodon could come in on Yanmega, set up stealth rocks (50% damage to Yanmega per switch in will hurt it drastically) and go from there (assuming you force it out, and if not, roar).

I hate idiots.
It's immensely annoying to see someone type this in these forums. Especially when it does nothing for the discussion. Being polite is a factor of maturity.

On the topic of Bastiodon, I have been experimenting with him lately, but if he isn't on a hyper defensive team then I really don't have too much success. Metal Burst is a very appealing option, but he really tends to slow any of my offensive pokemon down.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it wasn't the only part of his post, and he did have a point, the guy was being an idiot. bastiodon isn't great steel/rock affords too many exploitable weaknesses and it doesn't have fabulous offensive prowess the same way aggron does.

I hate idiots.

So if we're using pokemon that dont exist yet as counters to Yanmega, scarf ST Shandy works much better. So does Imposter ditto. And Telepathy Palkia.... So he's the idiot? Its true, how stupid of him to mention that Basteodon cant switch in to Yanmega from now until indefinitely.

I only brought up Bastiodon because the current running topic seemed to be Yanmega counters/checks/safe switch-ins. It's good against Yanmega, but outside of that it is generally deadweight. It has an extreme lack of offense, bad defensive typing (steel is great, rock makes it terrible), and it's support movepool isn't even that great.

It's just relatively safe to sit in front of Yanmega for a few turns and set up rocks. That's about it.

Why would you ever use Soundproof over Sturdy just to counter Yanmega? Also, from what I have seen, Bastiodon rarely runs max Special Defense. And besides, with one layer of Spikes, SpecsLens Bug Buzz is a guaranteed 2HKO, meaning Bastiodon cannot switch in, defeating the purpose of using it. Even without spikes it is risky to switch in, as there is a chance for a 2HKO.

Anyway, Yanmega abused too and we should wait for this guy goes to UU. IMO it's a waste of time search Pokemon that only serve as Yanmega's counter.

only reason i would consider using bastiodon is because it has magic coat on p-o which is a bug (supposed to be role play) so yeah.. abuse that i guess, it's pretty much guaranteed SR. metal burst should be painfully obvious but sometimes isn't, a friend ran metal burst red card aggron which basically scores a free KO on a random pokemon if it works... most of the time it doesn't, though.

I hate idiots.
nobody thinks you're cool

Thanks this is a very helpful thread but minor nit pick.: u should mention cresselia vs. uxie. They fill very similar roles and the only thing that Uxiie has over cress is stealth rock and scarf set.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually, everyone thinks I'm cool.

And if they don't, they should.
Let's be honest, calling people idiots in such a self-superior manner does nothing for your reputation and certainly won't make everyone think you're cool.

I certainly don't think you're cool. Hell, you sound like a 5th or 6th grader.

Back on topic, despite whatever aspersions I may cast upon your character, this is a good thread, and I applaud you for that.

One pokemon that I find underrated is Sawk. The blue karate pokemon has 125 base Attack, and Close Combat and Stone Edge give it the coverage it needs. While it faces stiff competition from Gallade, Sawk gets sturdy and is more physically bulky, which can make it a decent Anti-lead.
Besides, there is a bit of a vacuum of Fighting-types in the tier, so any Fighting-type that is decent could at least have a shot of making a team.

http://tinyurl.com/3s9evtv

Let's be honest, calling people idiots in such a self-superior manner does nothing for your reputation and certainly won't make everyone think you're cool.

Back on topic, despite whatever aspersions I may cast upon your character, this is a good thread, and I applaud you for that.

One pokemon that I find underrated is Sawk. The blue karate pokemon has 125 base Attack, and Close Combat and Stone Edge give it the coverage it needs. While it faces stiff competition from Gallade, Sawk gets sturdy and is more physically bulky, which can make it a decent Anti-lead.
Beautiful.

Anyways, I guess he doesn't need bulk with Sturdy. You could slap a Choice Scarf on Sawk, but with a bad movepool...I find CC and SE to the be only worthwhile moves on him, and Reversal.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
http://tinyurl.com/3s9evtv

Besides, there is a bit of a vacuum of Fighting-types in the tier, so any Fighting-type that is decent could at least have a shot of making a team.

This is almost as good as your Golurk moar post...almost.

The thing is, Gallade boosts better special defense, priority shadow sneak, drain punch, and swords dance. The only thing I see going for Sawk is a reversal set.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please stop the in-fighting. It's not useful at all. Stop calling each other out and everyone stop acting better than each other.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
I'm sorry,

Back on topic, would Wobbofett be worth adding to the list? Granted encore has been nerfed but at the very least shadow trapping plus tickle can get one of your set up sweepers in relatively unharmed.

I'm sorry,

Back on topic, would Wobbofett be worth adding to the list? Granted encore has been nerfed but at the very least shadow trapping plus tickle can get one of your set up sweepers in relatively unharmed.
Who cares about Tickle? Just Counter or Mirror Coat the bitch. I'm still for Wobb in Ubers >.>

Golurk laughs at Wobb all day long, just saying.

Golurk uses Shadow Punch/Earthquake.

Wobbuffet uses Counter. Counter doesn't affect Golurk. Wobbuffet cries.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Then, the problem comes into focus. Shadow tag means you can't switch in your Golurk.

To be fair, if I was using a Wobbuffet and you had a physical attacking ghost type out, I would not switch him in on it. Granted you could anticipate and double switch, but that gets complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)