Tournament RUGL I - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
RU GAMING LEAGUE - WEEK 1

s/os Flareblitzkreig

:sceptile-mega: Spreadsheet :sceptile-mega:
:yanmega: Replays :yanmega:
:camerupt-mega: Announcements :camerupt-mega:

:stantler: Sassy Stantlers (4) vs (4) Fullmetal Alcremies :alcremie:

SV: Eternal Spirit vs Seraphz
SV: Corperate n vs HoopsspooH
SV: Shaymin Sky vs LBN
SS: HaxxSel vs dex
SM: LpZ vs FadedCharm
ORAS: Miyami~~~ vs MrAldo
BW: Tack vs Mister McLovin
ADV: Cbass97 vs BigFatMantis

:abomasnow: The Snow Warners (4) vs (4) Team Liquidation :kingdra:

SV: hi.naming is hard vs toinha
SV: yovan33321 vs TyCarter
SV: Drud vs FlamingoPokeman
SS: RyuSnowシ vs xXcrossbowXx
SM: wangyu vs roxie
ORAS: Dlanyer vs Oathkeeper
BW: mad dawg vs TomatoZause
ADV: SEA vs Queen of Bean

:audino: The Regenehaters (3) vs (5) Fino Fennekins :fennekin:

SV: Hacker vs myjava
SV: MachJacob vs sufys
SV: Forest Guardian vs justdrew
SS: GoldCat vs Ryuji
SM: dunoks vs Ashbala
ORAS: fran17 vs Fragments
BW: TheFranklin vs TDR
ADV: SpoiledBerries vs zS

:maushold: Mashallah Mausholds (4) vs (4) The Canadiancies :diancie:

SV: Kiyo vs Yaily
SV: THE_CHUNGLER vs BeTheShadow
SV: sasha vs Ming549
SS: Cielau vs feen
SM: DripLegend vs yedla
ORAS: mncmt vs LegendarySerperior
BW: Monai vs EviGaro
ADV: avarice vs Medeia
Sassy Stantlers (0) vs (0) Fullmetal Alcremies

SV: Eternal Spirit vs Seraphz
SV: Corperate n vs HoopsspooH
SV: Shaymin Sky vs LBN
SS: HaxxSel vs SOMALIA
SM: LpZ vs FadedCharm
ORAS: Miyami~~~ vs MrAldo
BW: Tack vs Mister McLovin
ADV: Cbass97 vs BigFatMantis

The Snow Warners (0) vs (0) Team Liquidation

SV: hi.naming is hard vs toinha
SV: yovan33321 vs TyCarter
SV: Drud vs FlamingoPokeman
SS: RyuSnowシ vs xXcrossbowXx
SM: wangyu vs roxie
ORAS: Dlanyer vs Oathkeeper
BW: mad dawg vs neomon
ADV: SEA vs Queen of Bean

The Regenehaters (0) vs (0) Fino Fennekins

SV: Hacker vs myjava
SV: MachJacob vs sufys
SV: Forest Guardian vs justdrew
SS: GoldCat vs Ryuji
SM: dunoks vs RaJ.Shoot
ORAS: fran17 vs Fragments
BW: TheFranklin vs TDR
ADV: SpoiledBerries vs zS

Mashallah Mausholds (0) vs (0) The Canadiancies

SV: Kiyo vs Yaily
SV: THE_CHUNGLER vs BeTheShadow
SV: sasha vs Ming549
SS: Cielau vs feen
SM: mncmt vs yedla
ORAS: banks vs LegendarySerperior
BW: Monai vs EviGaro
ADV: avarice vs Medeia

DEADLINE IS SUNDAY 19 AT 11:59 PM GMT -3.

Good luck to everyone! :bellipog:

Last edited:
Sassy Stantlers (1) vs (2) Fullmetal Alcremies

SV: Eternal Spirit vs Seraphz - Bolding Seraphz here after seeing their RU Open games. 40/60
SV: Corperate n vs HoopsspooH - Fun matchup, I like Hoops slightly more but could see it going either way. 45/55
SV: Shaymin Sky vs LBN - I think Shaymin brings the heat this week, although this is another close game. Maybe highlight of the week for SV honestly. 55/45

The Regenehaters (2) vs (1) Fino Fennekins

SV: Hacker vs myjava - Not too familiar with either but suspect Hacker has the edge with more SV support in the builder. 55/45
SV: MachJacob vs sufys - JachMacob is a good player, sufys is a good player, I like MJ more here though. 55/45
SV: Forest Guardian vs justdrew - Forest is an SVRU mainer, but I like justdrew here a little more early in the season. 40/60

Mashallah Mausholds (1) vs (2) The Canadiancies

SV: Kiyo vs Yaily - Yaily has a lot of support in the builder and probably wins a close matchup. 45/55
SV: THE_CHUNGLER vs BeTheShadow - Chungler is, until proven otherwise, SV1 in the PR for this tour and will be bolded into most matchups. 70/30
SV: sasha vs Ming549 - Sasha is very good, but Ming is the hardest scout around as a mainer who plays all kinds of stuff. Fun matchup. 40/60

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Sassy Stantlers (6) vs (2) Fullmetal Alcremies

SV: Eternal Spirit vs Seraphz - Gama is extremely solid at this game. Despite having no experience in the tier, Seraphz is also not very experienced in RU, so I will just bold the better player. However, I am pretty sure Gama gives 0 fucks about this tour, and Seraphz is a massive tryhard and has a better team support, so there's a good chance he will get a good matchup, but I don't know if it will be enough.
SV: Corperate n vs HoopsspooH - All I know about hoops is that they're one of the few ppl who actively plays in the RU ladder and I know he has a solid understanding of the tier, probably a better one than the opponent. However, Corperate n is good enough to make playoffs in last year's RU Circuit and he also did well in the recent RU seasonal. I am also more familiar with his name in general, so I am bolding him.
SV: Shaymin Sky vs LBN - I don't know the other player, and LBN is very good at this tier.
SS: HaxxSel vs SOMALIA - I am not sure if somalia has any experience in SS RU, but I know Haxxsel does and he's imo one of the most underrated RUers currently. I don't see a reason to not bold the french guy, but somalia is very experienced since he's been playing this game since ages, so let's see if the experience will lead him into a win.
SM: LpZ vs FadedCharm - LpZ is in a crazy streak lately and I don't know the opponent pretty well.
ORAS: Miyami~~~ vs MrAldo - One of the best games of the week. Both are experienced in ORAS RU, with some good showings across the years. However, I will bold Aldo here only because I suppose he really wants to show people he can still win games despite not being as much active as before. Miyami is also very good, though, so this will be a good one
BW: Tack vs Mister McLovin - I know McLovin has been farming in some old gen slams, but I've seen Tack's name more and they seem solid at the game.
ADV: Cbass97 vs BigFatMantis - I don't know this person, but according to Amity they got some respectable results in this tier, while BFM doesn't seem to have done the same. I am of course more familiar with BFM, but I will trust the results here.

The Snow Warners (3) vs (5) Team Liquidation

SV: hi.naming is hard vs toinha - I didn't know the hi.naming is hard person until some time ago, but from what I saw, they seemed to be very talented in the tier and shouldn't be underestimated at all. However, toinha is someone I am more familiar with and he's also very good imo, so I am going with him.
SV: yovan33321 vs TyCarter - I would say these two have a similar level in game, but I would still favor TyCarter slightly more. He also has a better team support overall since I don't know how much Pepeduce will care about this tour and Liquidations have a quite solid SV lineup with mac3 potentially helping them, so the expectations for this core are high from me.
SV: Drud vs FlamingoPokeman - Despite Flamingo being currently undefeated in the RU Sheet (goat), he's still a bit new to the tournament scene, while Drud has been playing these for some years and has historically done well in lower tiers. He's also not unfamiliar with SV overall and made a decent run in the seasonal, so he only needs to accommodate to the current state of the tier and he should be fine. One of the strongest names in the SV pool and will be a tough challenge for my RUPL player.
SS: RyuSnowシ vs xXcrossbowXx - Snow is also a new player in the tournament scene, but I know SS RU is one of his favorite tiers and he has played it a lot. Crossbow, in the other hand, is probably not familiar enough with the tier, but this is a good opportunity for him to show that he can also win games outside of SM. I would say crossbow is the better player, but I will give the edge for Snow due to his experience in the tier.
SM: wangyu vs roxie - I don't know the opp
ORAS: Dlanyer vs Oathkeeper - I am not really sure what I should expect from Dlanyer in ORAS RU, and I know oath has enough experience in the tier.
BW: mad dawg vs neomon - neomon is very good at these old gen lower tiers, and I am not very familiar with the opponent's name.
ADV: SEA vs Queen of Bean - I know Queen has more experience in the tier, which is crucial for this tier since it's new. However, SEA is one of the strongest ADV players in general, and her lack of experience in the tier might be something that will help her since I doubt QoB will know what she should expect for this matchup. I would say this is the one of the most interesting games of this week so I am excited to watch this one, good luck to both.

The Regenehaters (7) vs (1) Fino Fennekins

SV: Hacker vs myjava - I think this is also one of the highlights of the week, two experienced tournament players with little to no experience in the tier facing each other, so I am interested to see how things are gonna develop here. I would usually say Fennekins' SV support is not that strong, but I also think Lime alone is good enough and probably better than most of the other teams. However, he will be kinda busy this week so I am not sure how much he will be able to help his players, and I think this will be a decisive factor for this game in particular.
SV: MachJacob vs sufys - I don't know sufys pretty well and MachJacob is honestly very good and him going undrafted in RUPL was one of the biggest crimes from the managers (including me, rip). I have high expectations on his season.
SV: Forest Guardian vs justdrew - Better player, and to be honest I am not entirely sure if Eonis will be able to outperform in this pool. Let's see how the season goes for him.
SS: GoldCat vs Ryuji - He will not care at all and will still win games. I don't know how the hell he was so cheap.
SM: dunoks vs ashbala - Better player. I don't know what to expect from ashbala in SM and I don't know what's the lore behind this game so I am kinda lost here
ORAS: fran17 vs Fragments - There's been a time since I saw fran's name but I know they have enough experience in RU tours, so I am bolding them.
BW: TheFranklin vs TDR - Probably the best player of the whole tournament, so yeah. I don't think I will ever bold against him.
ADV: SpoiledBerries vs zS - I feel like this matchup is a bit similar to SEA vs QoB, but the difference is that SEA is a better player in ADV than zS and his opponent seems to be one of the strongest names in ADV RU, so I think I will just bold her.

I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty sure I will get most of these wrong cuz I doubt this matchup will be a 7-1 LOL

Mashallah Mausholds (6) vs (2) The Canadiancies

SV: Kiyo vs Yaily - I know Yaily is good, but I haven't been following them so I don't know how good they are rn. Kiyo has been playing SV NU a lot and translating it to RU shouldn't be that difficult.
SV: THE_CHUNGLER vs BeTheShadow - I don't know the opp and chungler is probs top 5 of this pool.
SV: sasha vs Ming549 - sasha is not very familiar with SV RU and she seems to lack the confidence in her games, while Ming is one of the best new RU names and his building capabilities are wild.
SS: Cielau vs feen - From what I know feen has little to no experience in this tier, but his opponent probably doesn't have a lot of tier knowledge either, and feen has been following the RUPL games, so I think he should have a decent grasp of the tier. He's also a better player than his opponent so there's not reason not to bold him in this matchup.
SM: DripLegend vs yedla - I don't know yedla very well and I've heard great things about DripLegend.
ORAS: mncmt vs LegendarySerperior - Better player. He will not care about this tournament at all but I am pretty sure he will win a lot.
BW: Monai vs EviGaro - Evi is way more experienced than Monai in any RU generation, however, Monai has experience playing a lot of BW tiers and transfer his skills to RU shouldn't be that difficult. I would say this matchup is pretty even, but I will give the edge for Monai.
ADV: avarice vs Medeia - Better player and avarice wins a lot in these kind of tournaments, so yeah.

I will probably make a Power Rankings during the week and release it in the weekend btw. I will also try to write predicts every week as well as some other things that I have in mind.

dunoks

is a Tiering Contributor
BDSP Circuit Champion
won gg
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-768561
Sassy Stantlers (6) vs (2) Fullmetal Alcremies

SV: Eternal Spirit vs Seraphz - Gama is extremely solid at this game. Despite having no experience in the tier, Seraphz is also not very experienced in RU, so I will just bold the better player. However, I am pretty sure Gama gives 0 fucks about this tour, and Seraphz is a massive tryhard and has a better team support, so there's a good chance he will get a good matchup, but I don't know if it will be enough.
SV: Corperate n vs HoopsspooH - All I know about hoops is that they're one of the few ppl who actively plays in the RU ladder and I know he has a solid understanding of the tier, probably a better one than the opponent. However, Corperate n is good enough to make playoffs in last year's RU Circuit and he also did well in the recent RU seasonal. I am also more familiar with his name in general, so I am bolding him.
SV: Shaymin Sky vs LBN - I don't know the other player, and LBN is very good at this tier.
SS: HaxxSel vs SOMALIA - I am not sure if somalia has any experience in SS RU, but I know Haxxsel does and he's imo one of the most underrated RUers currently. I don't see a reason to not bold the french guy, but somalia is very experienced since he's been playing this game since ages, so let's see if the experience will lead him into a win.
SM: LpZ vs FadedCharm - LpZ is in a crazy streak lately and I don't know the opponent pretty well.
ORAS: Miyami~~~ vs MrAldo - One of the best games of the week. Both are experienced in ORAS RU, with some good showings across the years. However, I will bold Aldo here only because I suppose he really wants to show people he can still win games despite not being as much active as before. Miyami is also very good, though, so this will be a good one
BW: Tack vs Mister McLovin - I know McLovin has been farming in some old gen slams, but I've seen Tack's name more and they seem solid at the game.
ADV: Cbass97 vs BigFatMantis - I don't know this person, but according to Amity they got some respectable results in this tier, while BFM doesn't seem to have done the same. I am of course more familiar with BFM, but I will trust the results here.

The Snow Warners (3) vs (5) Team Liquidation

SV: hi.naming is hard vs toinha - I didn't know the hi.naming is hard person until some time ago, but from what I saw, they seemed to be very talented in the tier and shouldn't be underestimated at all. However, toinha is someone I am more familiar with and he's also very good imo, so I am going with him.
SV: yovan33321 vs TyCarter - I would say these two have a similar level in game, but I would still favor TyCarter slightly more. He also has a better team support overall since I don't know how much Pepeduce will care about this tour and Liquidations have a quite solid SV lineup with mac3 potentially helping them, so the expectations for this core are high from me.
SV: Drud vs FlamingoPokeman - Despite Flamingo being currently undefeated in the RU Sheet (goat), he's still a bit new to the tournament scene, while Drud has been playing these for some years and has historically done well in lower tiers. He's also not unfamiliar with SV overall and made a decent run in the seasonal, so he only needs to accommodate to the current state of the tier and he should be fine. One of the strongest names in the SV pool and will be a tough challenge for my RUPL player.
SS: RyuSnowシ vs xXcrossbowXx - Snow is also a new player in the tournament scene, but I know SS RU is one of his favorite tiers and he has played it a lot. Crossbow, in the other hand, is probably not familiar enough with the tier, but this is a good opportunity for him to show that he can also win games outside of SM. I would say crossbow is the better player, but I will give the edge for Snow due to his experience in the tier.
SM: wangyu vs roxie - I don't know the opp
ORAS: Dlanyer vs Oathkeeper - I am not really sure what I should expect from Dlanyer in ORAS RU, and I know oath has enough experience in the tier.
BW: mad dawg vs neomon - neomon is very good at these old gen lower tiers, and I am not very familiar with the opponent's name.
ADV: SEA vs Queen of Bean - I know Queen has more experience in the tier, which is crucial for this tier since it's new. However, SEA is one of the strongest ADV players in general, and her lack of experience in the tier might be something that will help her since I doubt QoB will know what she should expect for this matchup. I would say this is the one of the most interesting games of this week so I am excited to watch this one, good luck to both.

The Regenehaters (7) vs (1) Fino Fennekins

SV: Hacker vs myjava - I think this is also one of the highlights of the week, two experienced tournament players with little to no experience in the tier facing each other, so I am interested to see how things are gonna develop here. I would usually say Fennekins' SV support is not that strong, but I also think Lime alone is good enough and probably better than most of the other teams. However, he will be kinda busy this week so I am not sure how much he will be able to help his players, and I think this will be a decisive factor for this game in particular.
SV: MachJacob vs sufys - I don't know sufys pretty well and MachJacob is honestly very good and him going undrafted in RUPL was one of the biggest crimes from the managers (including me, rip). I have high expectations on his season.
SV: Forest Guardian vs justdrew - Better player, and to be honest I am not entirely sure if Eonis will be able to outperform in this pool. Let's see how the season goes for him.
SS: GoldCat vs Ryuji - He will not care at all and will still win games. I don't know how the hell he was so cheap.
SM: dunoks vs ashbala - Better player. I don't know what to expect from ashbala in SM and I don't know what's the lore behind this game so I am kinda lost here
ORAS: fran17 vs Fragments - There's been a time since I saw fran's name but I know they have enough experience in RU tours, so I am bolding them.
BW: TheFranklin vs TDR - Probably the best player of the whole tournament, so yeah. I don't think I will ever bold against him.
ADV: SpoiledBerries vs zS - I feel like this matchup is a bit similar to SEA vs QoB, but the difference is that SEA is a better player in ADV than zS and his opponent seems to be one of the strongest names in ADV RU, so I think I will just bold her.

I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty sure I will get most of these wrong cuz I doubt this matchup will be a 7-1 LOL

Mashallah Mausholds (6) vs (2) The Canadiancies

SV: Kiyo vs Yaily - I know Yaily is good, but I haven't been following them so I don't know how good they are rn. Kiyo has been playing SV NU a lot and translating it to RU shouldn't be that difficult.
SV: THE_CHUNGLER vs BeTheShadow - I don't know the opp and chungler is probs top 5 of this pool.
SV: sasha vs Ming549 - sasha is not very familiar with SV RU and she seems to lack the confidence in her games, while Ming is one of the best new RU names and his building capabilities are wild.
SS: Cielau vs feen - From what I know feen has little to no experience in this tier, but his opponent probably doesn't have a lot of tier knowledge either, and feen has been following the RUPL games, so I think he should have a decent grasp of the tier. He's also a better player than his opponent so there's not reason not to bold him in this matchup.
SM: DripLegend vs yedla - I don't know yedla very well and I've heard great things about DripLegend.
ORAS: mncmt vs LegendarySerperior - Better player. He will not care about this tournament at all but I am pretty sure he will win a lot.
BW: Monai vs EviGaro - Evi is way more experienced than Monai in any RU generation, however, Monai has experience playing a lot of BW tiers and transfer his skills to RU shouldn't be that difficult. I would say this matchup is pretty even, but I will give the edge for Monai.
ADV: avarice vs Medeia - Better player and avarice wins a lot in these kind of tournaments, so yeah.

I will probably make a Power Rankings during the week and release it in the weekend btw. I will also try to write predicts every week as well as some other things that I have in mind.
nw i also dont know whats the lore LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)