All Gens Ruins of Alph Olympics 3: Playins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
⏮ 2017 (R1) | Spreadsheet | Discord | 2019 (R1) ⏭

Signups | Rosters | Playins | Round 1 | Round 2 | Finals

Tiers

RoA Olympics 3 has arrived and will have the same tiers as RoAO 2, a total of 20.

Tiers featured:
6x Ubers tiers: RBY Ubers / GSC Ubers / ADV Ubers / DPP Ubers / BW Ubers / ORAS Ubers
6x OU tiers: RBY OU / GSC OU / ADV OU / DPP OU / BW OU / ORAS OU
6x UU tiers: RBY UU (BL) / GSC UU / ADV UU / DPP UU / BW UU / ORAS UU
2x Legendary tiers: DPP LC / ORAS Doubles OU

For RBY UU (BL), see on-site OU and Ubers lists to see what Pokémon are banned. The rest are challenge options on PS!, which must be used to play these battles on.

Tournament Format

There will be a mini tournament for each tier (all in the same thread this time), all of which will have 12 spots, 1 spot for each team. All of these mini tournaments will be single elimination, first-to-2-wins (bo3 wins) every round and players who progress through 2 rounds will represent their teams in a 3-way-finals to determine who receives gold, silver and bronze medal sprites - with gold worth 3 points, silver worth 2 points and bronze worth 1 points to a team in the overall standings. Pairings will be random each round. There will also be a generous deadline each round with minimal extensions.

The 14 preliminary teams are: Americas, Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Eurasia, Europe, France, India, Independent Olympians, Italy, Latin America, North America, Spain, UK, USA East.

If there is enough for 16 teams, 4 teams will be added at a later date. Feel free to state a possible team in your signup.

Each team will have 10 players and each player can be picked for a maximum of 3 tiers. 2 tiers per player is average (20 tiers) while players playing less than 3 tiers can be substituted in as long as the maximum tiers they play is still 3. Substitutions are only available in round 1 and must be from the roster of 10. You cannot sub-in a player that you have subbed out of another tier. Captains can play.

The overall winning team will get to display a blue and green
RoA Olympic Trophy in their signatures, while the 1st, 2nd and 3rd individuals in each of the minitours will get to display

Playins

None of the following teams know who they were playing prior to submitting their lineups.
They were asked to field 7 of their 10 players in RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU, ORAS OU and ORAS DOU.

Independent Olympians (March Fires) vs Americas (Lord Thorx)
India (Eseque) vs Eurasia (Quaze)

Pairings done by Smogon Bracketmaker

Matches Completed (10/14)

Independent Olympians (1-4) Americas
RBY OU: SaDiSTiCNarwhal (1-2) Lord Thorx
GSC OU: Magma (0-2) Arch€r
ADV OU: pasy_g (0-2) Hclat
DPP OU: absdaddy (2-1) Jhonx~
BW OU: Fille (1-2) GerMoj
ORAS OU: TrueGodsLeftUs vs Bloody alfa
ORAS DOU: Chill Shadow vs Thueris

India (2-3) Eurasia
RBY OU: parivard vs Staxi
GSC OU: OminousDraco (0-2) Quaze
ADV OU: So Noisy vs SamuelBestt
DPP OU: Dj Breloominati♬ (0-2) H.M.N.I.P
BW OU: Serene Grace (2-0) Close
ORAS OU: Mikaav [Pradhaaan] (0-2) Mix
ORAS DOU: leo05051998 (2-0) Aethernum

Each match is first-to-2-wins (Bo3 wins). Please report the score you won by (2-x) following the result of your match.

The two teams with 4 or more players having won their matches, join the rest of the teams in Round 1.

Deadline will be Monday 15th October 08:00AM EDT / 02:00 PM CEST

Last edited:

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
calling act v h.m.n.i.p , we scheduled for 55 mins ago [which he said he probably would show up at] and he's 20 mins late from the originally scheduled time [which I said would be difficult for me to make]
I have screenshots with timestamps if need arises
e : I'm busy from now till deadline either with tours or irl stuff in general , also waited a bit more since I really wanted to play , no signs of him being there

Last edited:

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The fact that you can only see your side of the story is kinda sad and inappropriate: first of all you've lied about the time, because I said that 9;30pm your time could have worked, mainly depending on my train and the fact they don't work well in Italy and they're most likely late every single time. You contacted me on Wednesday telling me you would have preferred to play from 8am to 10pm your time which is from 5am to 7pm my time, and you know what? I have university lessons to follow, so I can't spend my time playing Pokémon as it's not my priority in life. You also stated that you can not play on weekend, which would be an optimal playtime in my case.

tl;dr - since I can play now, tomorrow and on Sunday, I think I should be the one calling for activity, so you either try to schedule properly trying to find a time that works for both of us, or you can ask your team for a replacement as your activity points are weak and not even fully true.

I'd definitely be willing to either, once again, reschedule (Since I'm on for several hours today and tomorrow, if there happens to be a tomorrow to play) or to double sub if you really really can't play (or like, have myself subbed if you really need it that badly to win, despite me being, well, available to play), but according to your manager that is not alright with it because fishing for act despite there being a solution to it it's clearly what he's trying to accomplish.
I don't like to act rude, at all, never, but get some balls indeed instead of fishing for act against someone who is active and willing to try and get this game done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)