1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Running Shoddy Battle on a remote server

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by NixHex, Sep 28, 2010.

1. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

I have read the tutorials on how to install and run a custom Shoddy Battle server, and the results have turned out great! However, my only computer is a lap top that I carry everywhere and the various locations where I do have an internet connection are not fast enough to support an ongoing server, and are shared with family or friends. I have no problem in paying for web hosting somewhere, and if I do so, is it possible to run a Shoddy Battle server from such an address remotely? Any help, whether there is already a tutorial or if someone can point me in the right direction, would be very appreciated.

Thank you!
  2. Duck92

Duck92

You can run this off a Virtual Private server (Http://www.hostgator.com Or http://www.zipservers.com), Or a dedicated server (For shoddy, VPS is better).

I recommend using hostgator, as you may have to pay for managed support on Zipservers.
    If you want help setting it up, I do specialize in Linux Administration, and you may PM me if you want it setup.

Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)