1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Running Shoddy Battle on a remote server

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by NixHex, Sep 28, 2010.

1. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

I have read the tutorials on how to install and run a custom Shoddy Battle server, and the results have turned out great! However, my only computer is a lap top that I carry everywhere and the various locations where I do have an internet connection are not fast enough to support an ongoing server, and are shared with family or friends. I have no problem in paying for web hosting somewhere, and if I do so, is it possible to run a Shoddy Battle server from such an address remotely? Any help, whether there is already a tutorial or if someone can point me in the right direction, would be very appreciated.

Thank you!
  2. Duck92

Duck92

You can run this off a Virtual Private server (Http://www.hostgator.com Or http://www.zipservers.com), Or a dedicated server (For shoddy, VPS is better).

I recommend using hostgator, as you may have to pay for managed support on Zipservers.
    If you want help setting it up, I do specialize in Linux Administration, and you may PM me if you want it setup.

Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)