1. The moderators of this forum are -Tsunami-, atomicllamas, DTC, and phantom.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Tournaments RUPL SEMIFINALS

Discussion in 'RarelyUsed' started by -Tsunami-, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ict

ict another story
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 5th Grand Slam Winner

[​IMG]

*checks out*

[​IMG]

*hm lets see why*

[​IMG]

kinda ironic how you're playing the moral apostle here xd
  2. Erzengel

Erzengel the most free person
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

if you havent seen the games nor have anything else as a foundation than a lying bragging kid then stay out of things you've got no business with ?-?
  3. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne lost in thoughts...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

You're a disgrace.
  4. Christo

Christo
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon champion

5. Raseri

Raseri Carraco$ta
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

6. Arifeen

Arifeen
    is a Tutoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

7. Pearl

Pearl Love Galore
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

8. Lax

Lax
    is a Tiering Contributor

9. Kushalos

Kushalos Let the joy of love take you higher
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Tour Champion

10. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- VoD Leader Metabeast
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis the 2nd Smogon Classic Winneris a defending World Cup of Pokemon champion
    RU Co-Leader

RE: Anti vs. Welli0u
    Anti timed out with more than the allotted 90 or so seconds that Smogon uses to difference between a timeout and a D/C (the timer automatically went to 60 seconds when he D/C'd). As the RUPL host, I have Anti's team, since he did in fact give it to me before his battle (not to mention the fact that it's literally just an update of my Moltres stall that we fixed together...). Welli0u was clearly losing that game, and as such, had nowhere near a 100% win. However, their team keeps blatantly trying to annoy me by trying to convince me to give them the win, which is laughable to be honest. Regardless, this tournament takes place outside of the tour forum, in a forum where I am coincidentally also the Tier Leader. None of you have any power to change my decision, which isn't even a blasphemous one. So stop being whiny bitches over RUPL of all things and reschedule the game. If you refuse to play, I will give Anti the activity win.

My response to these pathetic snakes trying to win a fruitless battle against my overarching authority:

[​IMG]
  11. Leru

Leru

12. Lord Esche

Lord Esche AKA Wang Fire
    is a Tiering Contributor

Calling activity on Hikari.

He missed our scheduled time yesterday (7PM GMT+2); I waited an hour for him but he didn't show up.

I was available and active the entirety of today on both PS and Smogon but never received any information whatsoever, neither from him nor from his team.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]

Good night.
    Robert Alfons, Rider, Tony and 6 others like this.
  13. Meru

Meru im addicted to the thrill
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

won gg

bring it home es babe
    Rider, pokeisfun, Leru and 4 others like this.
  14. soulgazer

soulgazer I FEEL INFINITE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

i beat the dodmen with goat plays
    Manipulative, ict, dodmen and 2 others like this.
  15. atomicllamas

atomicllamas but then what's left of me?
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a defending SPL Champion
    RU Co-Leader

I talked to both Isa and Zebraiken about this and this is a hard decision to make because given that the host of the tournament is also managing, there is no precedent for this case. The conclusion that we came to is that in other tournaments "host" is shorthand for a neutral 3rd party. For example if Welli0u had submitted his team to me then we still probably couldn't recreate the game because we may not be able to trust that the team submitted to shake originally is in fact the same team being used in the recreate, as shake has a vested interest in anti winning. As such, we feel that submitting the team to shake does not count as submitting the team and Welli0u will be given the win if he chooses (as a dc non-submission, same precedent as the j0ris melle game). Of course a replay with different teams is still an option if both parties agree to do so. Tagging relevant parties -Tsunami- col49 KratosMana. Additionally I will be making all RUPL rulings in relation to shake's team, as I have always done in the past because it is the only way this tournament works with a participating host.

If anyone would like to submit teams going forward, I am happy to receive them, as I am no longer in contention for this tournament (Meru Arifeen).

Thank you all for your patience and to Isa and Zeb for being the best :)!
  16. dodmen

dodmen Ain't no tuition for havin' no ambition
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Global Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

got dumpstered lolol gg man
    ict likes this.
  17. TDK

TDK
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a defending World Cup of Pokemon champion
    OU Leader

won gg
    Earth, col49, Hootie and 9 others like this.
  18. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

19. Finchinator

Finchinator IT'S FINK DUMBASS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

20. snagaa

snagaa

lost in a gg, thanks shake for buying me.
  21. Void

Void
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)