S_o_S Plays the Pokémon Trading Card Game... 2?!

Yes, you're reading that right. Once upon a time for the Game Boy Colour, there was the Pokémon Trading Card Game - the official video game for the popular TCG. Not only was it significantly easier to collect your favourites through this game, it was, in the long run, significantly cheaper than buying booster pack upon booster pack. The story mode was even pretty satisfying, being basically RBY in card game form as you quested to collect the Legendary Pokémon Cards, exclusive to the game. It had some pretty legit tunes too. Damn great game, and arguably one of the GB Colour's best.

So why is the sequel so unheard of? I hadn't heard about it until very recently. It was Japan-only for some reason, but I've got my hands on a copy and a translation patch, and so I'm going to play through it so that you all can experience it with me.

So what's new with the Pokémon TCG 2? Basically, it's the inclusion of the Team Rocket theme expansions, new areas and characters for the game, and holy shit, an actual plot. No, seriously.

This isn't the beginning of the LP though, this post is to gauge how I should handle it. I'm assuming you guys don't want to see turn-by-turn analyses of every duel in the game, but I feel I should do them for the major battles at least. What do you think? I'll also be accepting feedback on my deck and asking you which cards I should add to it from my booster packs. All suggestions welcome and encouraged.

Updates will be whenever the hell I feel like it :P

I had no idea that an English version existed. I've just acquired it and started playing! I look forward to your updates. The original one was way too easy, so I'm hoping for more of a challenge this time. Thanks for posting this thread!

The translation on the translator I have only seems to translate a few conversations and the cards, which is making following the plot somewhat hard.

He patched it properly. The english translation is a fairly new, such a recent endeavor that it isn't even fully finished. I played if a few months back, don't remember where I got it, but stopped because I couldn't deal with not knowing what half the characters were saying.

Unless there's a newer version than the one I played then there isn't any full english translation.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's an English patch released approximately 6 months ago which I downloaded today; I just got to the (spoilers?) second island and everything has been working perfectly, no broken English or anything, unless someone can tell me that the translation goes downhill soon then I can only assume that people are using different patches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)