Sad sand is sad (Gen 5 ''Standard'')

Ok once I saw Randorosu I had decided I would play a Sand Storm team in Gen 5, but sadly this generation had brought another ''great'' Sandstorm pokemon recognized a lot more than Randorosu is, we all know it Doryuuzu. Of course while it is mainly a Randorosu SS team this team has both.

This team has had moderate success on PO, but it just has something about it that makes it lose to Stall and Rain (only if I lose the weather war of course). I need help against Stall more than anything. Another great threat is Birijion. I need something to beat Stall and Birijion and maybe help vs Rain, but Rain isn't a priority with Politoed and Manaphy being still tested without the all overpowered ubers gone. Sun teams also are a decent size threat.

At a glance:

As you can see even at first glance it isn't what you expect. It has Rankurusu and Slowbro.

A look deeper:

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Slack Off

Hippowdon is my pokemon that sets up Stealth Rock and Sand Storm. It also an ok Physical wall along with Slowbro. What much else can I say? It is a Hippowdon it does what it does... The reason I chose Hippowdon over Tyranitar is just that I felt bulk is more needed than the power T-Tar gives. I have tried both naturally. Sorry for the short description. :(

Randorosu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Swords Dance

The main sweeper of the team as I stated in the beginning. After a Swords Dance almost nothing can take a hit from this monster it even does about 80% to the Skarmory I tend to face but I get Whirlwinded out and usually into something like DORYUUZU who can't do a whopping 20% to Skarmory. I mean really Doryuuzu is much too weak to be a sweeper, but I'll go deeper into that later. Earthquake and Stone Edge allow for the infamous QuakeEdge combo. Hidden Power Ice may seem out of place but it OHKOs all Gliscors that try to come in and troll me with Fling Acrobat thinking I can't touch them. I used to run Sub over HP Ice and Lefties over LOm, but I noticed LO had a great power boost KOing stuff that normally didn't die. I can't recall what they were any more though.... :( Most of the time I get an SD up I end up sweeping my enemy if the don't have anything faster (speed is Randorosu's downfall so I have been thinking of placing Rock Polish over HP Ice). This thing can OHKO stuff like Nattorei, Swampert, Hippowdon, Gliscor and other physical walls bar Bronzong and Skarmory but doing a hefty chunk to Skarm. This helps sweep with Doryuuzu (Don't worry I don't neglect the mole).

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

My 2nd physical wall. Slowbro. I see no one use this EVER. I mean granted it is a Slowbro so what should I expect, but still. Regeneration is key here. Healing 33% upon switching is magnificent. If only this had Wish... (c'mon Mamanbou get that DW ability already). Yeah this can take hits from nearly every physical attacker. Scizor gives this poke problems, but if it gives me a chance I can Flamethrower it into oblivion. :) This is a great Toxic staller that causes many switches (on both sides xD). With SR and Spikes up this is just a monster. This is also helpful against rain, but Slowbro can take only so much beating and considering there is Ludicolo there as well to troll me with grass moves. :(

Doryuuzu (F) @ Balloon
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

The infamous mole thing is here. I did say Doryuuzu is too weak (granted I run Jolly and Balloon). Doryuuzu mainly functions as my revenge killer as most teams have atleast a check to Doryuuzu to prevent a sweep. This can SD up and clean the field after Rankurusu or Randorosu have dealt massive damage. Another much too Standard poke so I can't think much to say about it that isn't obvious. Balloon helps me against say Choiced Ground attacks poke that only one EQ as their attacking move (Hippowdon bar Ice Fang and Gen 4 Gliscor).

I might change this to Adamant.

Nattorei (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Spiker to help compensate for Doryuuzu's weakness and extra damage is always nice. :) Leech Seed to heal itself. This is half a filler as I can't think of much anything else to put here... Set up spikes, Leech Seed, wall rain (till they hit you a million time and you die). This also is a great defensive core with Slowbro. Leftovers to heal.

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

CM set suggested to me to beat Stall and CM Birijion.

Offensive Threats
Azelf - Can cause me some trouble but with good switches this is beaten by getting Dory in for free. I can also set up Trick Room and then kill it with Rankurusu.

Birijion - Big threat. HUGE Threat. I've tried Scarf Fire types over Rankurusu but nothing seems to work. I just don't know what makes this so hard for me to beat.

Breloom - Not as bad as Birijion but still hard with his 100% sleep spore.

Gengar - Actually I haven't thought of this at all. I think this might actually be a threat to my team.

Infernape - Revenged and depending on the set Slowbro.

Latios - Nattorei.
Randorosu - Slowbro but I'm not sure if a +2 EQ kills me actually. If it is choiced smart switches are enough.
Rankurusu - Can be a pain but Randorosu and Doryuuzu can handle this.

Roserade - Same as the Breloom.

Sazandora - Smart switches and revenge. So this means it is a threat.
Scizor - SD set and be some trouble but otherwise Hippowdon and deal with it.

Shandera - Nothing much, but nobody uses it.

Starmie - Nattorei

Nobody uses Shandera, WHAT???

Some of your ways to counter are not really effective. I mean, like this:

Sazandora - Smart switches and revenge.

This is far obvious for almost any poke.

Anyway, I think you have a nice team. People will tell you to use Jolly Dory, but I personally prefer Adamant, since you have many other ways to deal with oposing Dorys. Dory was hype by the time it came out, and it really is a good poke, but people seem to counter it very effectively.

Breelom will always be a bitch to any team when it comes on something faster and spores. The ways to effectively counter it are not worth a team slot (Herbivore pokes just suck, so do Insomnia pokes and sacrificing an item slot for Lum Berry on something faster isn't really worth it.

Nattorei is not much of a counter to Togekiss as the flinch of Air Slash will bug you a LOT. And many carry either Flamethrower or Aura Sphere, so I guess you'll need to rely on other pokes to counter it.

Flinchrachi also carries fire punch, so Nattorei has trouble dealing with it and hippo is usually gone when it comes out.

I guess you will have a hard time dealing with opposing rain teams. If they manage to take Rankurusu out, you'll be put in a hard position.

Anyway, I think it is almost impossible to be prepared for every threat, so GL with your team.

Nobody uses Shandera, WHAT???

Some of your ways to counter are not really effective. I mean, like this:

Sazandora - Smart switches and revenge.

This is far obvious for almost any poke.

Anyway, I think you have a nice team. People will tell you to use Jolly Dory, but I personally prefer Adamant, since you have many other ways to deal with oposing Dorys. Dory was hype by the time it came out, and it really is a good poke, but people seem to counter it very effectively.

Breelom will always be a bitch to any team when it comes on something faster and spores. The ways to effectively counter it are not worth a team slot (Herbivore pokes just suck, so do Insomnia pokes and sacrificing an item slot for Lum Berry on something faster isn't really worth it.

Nattorei is not much of a counter to Togekiss as the flinch of Air Slash will bug you a LOT. And many carry either Flamethrower or Aura Sphere, so I guess you'll need to rely on other pokes to counter it.

Flinchrachi also carries fire punch, so Nattorei has trouble dealing with it and hippo is usually gone when it comes out.

I guess you will have a hard time dealing with opposing rain teams. If they manage to take Rankurusu out, you'll be put in a hard position.

Anyway, I think it is almost impossible to be prepared for every threat, so GL with your team.
1. I have seen a total of 2 Shanderaa in Wifi ever.
2. I'll give Adamant a go on Doryuuzu. :)
3. I can't assume he will always flinch me if I did I would have to assume Blissey would lose to Togekiss... Though I didn't even consider Flamethrower Aura Sphere isn't a huge pain as I usually switch initially to natt then to Randorosu.
4. FlinchRachi is generally scarfed so he will be locked into Iron Head. I don't let Hippowdon die. It is usually the last poke I have left...
5. Rankurusu only helps against rain if I can OHKO the opposing pokemon and have Trick Room up. Oh wait the OHKO me with thei 2x Stab moves (rain stab boost and normal stab boost)... Kingdra isn't OHKOd by Psychic from Rankurusu and neither is Ludicolo I think.
6. I have quite a few threats unchecked so that is BAD. Every threat can't be prepared for perfectly, but you can always have SOMETHING for every threat.

I really don't like the way you've done your threatlist, "lol", "What is this pokemon?", "Noone uses this" and "Smart switching" are not counters, and it makes you sound like a tool.

Anyway the team is stable enough, though as you said, Birijion will give you a lot of trouble and HP fire latios can also be quite a pest. You can (for the most part) remedy this by changing your Rankurus set to a bold CM variant (220 HP/252 Def/Rest into SpA, with CM/psychic or shadow ball/focus blast/recover). Assuming you CM after the first Draco meteor from latios, you will be able to recover off the damage before it can finish you with a second meteor. As for birijion, it takes heavy damage from psychic, even with 6 CMs under it's belt, assuming you match it's CMs.

This also allows you to survive 2 +0 X-scissors from Doryuuzu (If it SD's, you can still take a single X-scissor), and gives you a chance to survive a +1 Tyranitar Crunch, and OHKO both back with Focus Blast.
This set will hurt opposing stall teams more than an offensive variant would thanks to recover (The thing will NEVER have to switch out unless it's phased), magic guard and monstrous offenses after a few CM boosts.

As for shanderra, it will use nattorei as set up bait, and either sub up or fire off an overheat which will seriously damage anything that switches in, bar slowbro who is downed by shadow ball.

EDIT: And Doryuuzu is not a counter to urgamoth or victini, what the hell...

1. I have seen a total of 2 Shanderaa in Wifi ever.
2. I'll give Adamant a go on Doryuuzu. :)
3. I can't assume he will always flinch me if I did I would have to assume Blissey would lose to Togekiss... Though I didn't even consider Flamethrower Aura Sphere isn't a huge pain as I usually switch initially to natt then to Randorosu.
4. FlinchRachi is generally scarfed so he will be locked into Iron Head. I don't let Hippowdon die. It is usually the last poke I have left...
5. Rankurusu only helps against rain if I can OHKO the opposing pokemon and have Trick Room up. Oh wait the OHKO me with thei 2x Stab moves (rain stab boost and normal stab boost)... Kingdra isn't OHKOd by Psychic from Rankurusu and neither is Ludicolo I think.
6. I have quite a few threats unchecked so that is BAD. Every threat can't be prepared for perfectly, but you can always have SOMETHING for every threat.

I think it's very funny that people can for imput and react so badly after it is given.

1 - Shandeera is very common. If you haven't seen many it doesn't mean it is not around.
3- Jirachi will be hitting harder than Togekiss would be hitting Blissey, so less flinchs are required for the KO. Plus, Blissey has much more ways to recover the damage inflicted.
4- Many flinchrachi now rely on T-Wave or paralysis spread by teamates like Voltolos, so it won't be locked, thus giving you a much harder time to deal with it.
5- So, basically you admit your team is completely vulnerable to rain?
6 - You can always have SOMETHING for every threat, but this won't necessarily make your team effective, as you can't rely solely on countering threats and not hitting hard enough

Guys, this is WiFi. Shadow Tag Shanderaa does not exist in this tier. In Dream World he is #1 in usage being on over 20% of teams. In WiFi it's #55.

I think it's very funny that people can for imput and react so badly after it is given.

1 - Shandeera is very common. If you haven't seen many it doesn't mean it is not around.
3- Jirachi will be hitting harder than Togekiss would be hitting Blissey, so less flinchs are required for the KO. Plus, Blissey has much more ways to recover the damage inflicted.
4- Many flinchrachi now rely on T-Wave or paralysis spread by teamates like Voltolos, so it won't be locked, thus giving you a much harder time to deal with it.
5- So, basically you admit your team is completely vulnerable to rain?
6 - You can always have SOMETHING for every threat, but this won't necessarily make your team effective, as you can't rely solely on countering threats and not hitting hard enough
1. This is Wifi Shandera is not common.
5. Yes I am saying my team is weak to rain. Got a problem? If you do tell me how I can make it better against rain.
6. This is why you must get a good balance with having stuff to hit threats and hitting hard.

I really don't like the way you've done your threatlist, "lol", "What is this pokemon?", "Noone uses this" and "Smart switching" are not counters, and it makes you sound like a tool.

Anyway the team is stable enough, though as you said, Birijion will give you a lot of trouble and HP fire latios can also be quite a pest. You can (for the most part) remedy this by changing your Rankurus set to a bold CM variant (220 HP/252 Def/Rest into SpA, with CM/psychic or shadow ball/focus blast/recover). Assuming you CM after the first Draco meteor from latios, you will be able to recover off the damage before it can finish you with a second meteor. As for birijion, it takes heavy damage from psychic, even with 6 CMs under it's belt, assuming you match it's CMs.

This also allows you to survive 2 +0 X-scissors from Doryuuzu (If it SD's, you can still take a single X-scissor), and gives you a chance to survive a +1 Tyranitar Crunch, and OHKO both back with Focus Blast.
This set will hurt opposing stall teams more than an offensive variant would thanks to recover (The thing will NEVER have to switch out unless it's phased), magic guard and monstrous offenses after a few CM boosts.

As for shanderra, it will use nattorei as set up bait, and either sub up or fire off an overheat which will seriously damage anything that switches in, bar slowbro who is downed by shadow ball.

EDIT: And Doryuuzu is not a counter to urgamoth or victini, what the hell...
1st off this was my first time EVER using a threat list so I am new to it. I wasn't listing counters. I was listing how I deal with things. There is a difference. If I don't know what something does how can I say how I deal with it? If a pokemon is like E-Vire and I say it is lol are you implying I'm wrong? Is E-Vire not lol?

That Rankurusu set works great (after the few battles I tried with it...)

Birijion is a huge threat to my team BOTH CM and SD sets not just CM.

Shanderaa has Flash Fire not Shadow Tag in WiFi...... Nattorei can switch out.

Updated the threat list to look better taking out things that aren't hard leaving only stuff that I might need help dealing with. Once again I am a noob with threat lists.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Consider making your Slowbro Relaxed nature with a 0 speed IV so Roobupushin is forced to go first against you and hit you with a weak(er) payback. I don't understand the point of toxic on it when you could be using another attacking move like psychic or even calm mind.

roobupushin is quite a problem to your team. Only Rankurusu really stops it well. Hippo doesn't stop it without Roar and randorusu doesn't have the bulk to take Boosted drain punches. Slowbro strongest move boiling water could give roob a guts boost.

You really should consider giving hippowdown Roar over ice fang and give him more spdef EV's to take random HP Ice's from pokes.

I think that Rankurusu seems like a filler pokemon on your team. you could replace it with specially defensive tyranitar who can help win the weather war against other weather teams and take hits from special mence/sazandora as well.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi Freze, this seems like quite a nice and very well put together 5th generation team. From a first glance at this team I can really see that there is not much to change. Although I do have a few different suggestions that you may want to look at. First of all I notice that slowbro is fulfilling the bulky water role in this team, although it is quite useful with its ability regeneration I honestly believe that you would benefit a lot more from using a Defensive Burungeru over Slowbro. This change is for several different reasons. Not only does burungeru provide you with a spin blocker, which is always nice with the multiple entry hazards that you have, but it also provides you with the amazing burungeru + nattorei stall combo, which gives you a complete defensive backbone. Not only will burungeru + nattorei provide you with a check to a lot of different threats, but it will also provide you with spikes, which is extremely helpful in netting randorosu and dorryuzu [if it really needs it] more KOs. As a sidenote, the burungeru + nattorei combo is a somwhat efficient way to deal with rain dance teams, as common sweepers will get many of their STAB attacks sponged easily and worn down by hazards and Nattorei's constant attacks.

As noted in your threat list, I see you have a bit of trouble with offensive grass types. I really think that there is an easy way to fix this while benefiting your team quite nicely in the long run. I would highly recommend that you run a Specs Latios over Randorosu. Not only does Specs Latios help your team in dealing with offensive grass types, but it also deals with Gliscor and wins against Skarmory and Hippowdon as Randorosu would.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe Levitate
Draco Meteor | Surf | Thunderbolt | Trick

Not only will Latios help you in dealing with the aforementioned threats, but it will also abuse spikes and be able to check various pokemon through Trick such as Rankurusu. Latios will also grant you an extra water resist, which at a first glance of your team, you desperately needed.

Alright that is all I have to say for now, this is a very nice and well presented team. Good Luck!

Consider making your Slowbro Relaxed nature with a 0 speed IV so Roobupushin is forced to go first against you and hit you with a weak(er) payback. I don't understand the point of toxic on it when you could be using another attacking move like psychic or even calm mind.

roobupushin is quite a problem to your team. Only Rankurusu really stops it well. Hippo doesn't stop it without Roar and randorusu doesn't have the bulk to take Boosted drain punches. Slowbro strongest move boiling water could give roob a guts boost.

You really should consider giving hippowdown Roar over ice fang and give him more spdef EV's to take random HP Ice's from pokes.

I think that Rankurusu seems like a filler pokemon on your team. you could replace it with specially defensive tyranitar who can help win the weather war against other weather teams and take hits from special mence/sazandora as well.
Do I really need Psychic on Slowbro? What does it really hit? And with regeneration I like switching out alot with Slowbro so I don't see why I would attempt to go sweeping with him. If anything I would run Ice Beam over Toxic. Toxic is great with all my hazards though...

Roar on Hippowdon has always been a good choice that I have considered but with everyone suggesting Ice Fang to me and others I went with Ice Fang but it only really has much any advantage against Lead Aerodactyls and Dragons who Slowbro can handle. So I will run Roar on Hippowdon and should I run Ice Beam on Slowbro?

Yeah I wrote Roopushin handled by Hippo when I still had Roar and I will change back to Roar. I never let Roobushin get more than 1 Bulk Up up.

Yes Rankurusu is a kind of filler on my team, but I don't really want a Sp Def T-Tar on the team even though it would be helpful it would amplyfy my Roobushin weakness as well as my overall water weakness. The help with the weather war would be nice though. What kind of set did you have in mind?

Hi Freze, this seems like quite a nice and very well put together 5th generation team. From a first glance at this team I can really see that there is not much to change. Although I do have a few different suggestions that you may want to look at. First of all I notice that slowbro is fulfilling the bulky water role in this team, although it is quite useful with its ability regeneration I honestly believe that you would benefit a lot more from using a Defensive Burungeru over Slowbro. This change is for several different reasons. Not only does burungeru provide you with a spin blocker, which is always nice with the multiple entry hazards that you have, but it also provides you with the amazing burungeru + nattorei stall combo, which gives you a complete defensive backbone. Not only will burungeru + nattorei provide you with a check to a lot of different threats, but it will also provide you with spikes, which is extremely helpful in netting randorosu and dorryuzu [if it really needs it] more KOs. As a sidenote, the burungeru + nattorei combo is a somwhat efficient way to deal with rain dance teams, as common sweepers will get many of their STAB attacks sponged easily and worn down by hazards and Nattorei's constant attacks.

As noted in your threat list, I see you have a bit of trouble with offensive grass types. I really think that there is an easy way to fix this while benefiting your team quite nicely in the long run. I would highly recommend that you run a Specs Latios over Randorosu. Not only does Specs Latios help your team in dealing with offensive grass types, but it also deals with Gliscor and wins against Skarmory and Hippowdon as Randorosu would.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe Levitate
Draco Meteor | Surf | Thunderbolt | Trick

Not only will Latios help you in dealing with the aforementioned threats, but it will also abuse spikes and be able to check various pokemon through Trick such as Rankurusu. Latios will also grant you an extra water resist, which at a first glance of your team, you desperately needed.

Alright that is all I have to say for now, this is a very nice and well presented team. Good Luck!
Always starting with the good team then changing it completely (main sweeper away) xD.

Well I always enjoy reading your rates apple, but this one felt a bit lackluster. First off you mentioned swapping Slowbro out for Burungeru which only has the advantage of a Spin Blocker while losing the amazing regeneration ability. Slowbro + Nattorei is as good or better than Burungeru + Nattorei for the reason that both Nattorei and Burungeru are specially bulky, but Slowbro is physically bulky making a more ''handy'' core to use 1 Sp Def wall and 1 Def wall. The only real advantage is a spin blocker (granted is great when I run 2 hazards) but I feel regeneration is handier. Slowbro can also sponge hits from rain being resistant and all (to their main stab).

Next you suggest Specs Latios (a great poke and all) over Randorosu to help me in the long run. But having 3 psychic types on a team (psychic being a quite bad type imo) isn't really great. I knew from the start someone would probably suggest Specs/Scarf Latios to me, but I thought they would do it over Rankurusu. I myself had played it over Rankurusu, but just didn't find it working well enough. Should I try it over Rankurusu again?

Latios would beat those threats one on one as you said, but most teams that run Skarmory back it up with Blissey who Latios can't beat so Latios can't answer it. Gliscor loses to my current Randorosu set if you didn't notice I ran HP Ice and stated it OHKOs Gliscors... Hippowdon also goes down to Randorosu as you stated. Skarmory is the only hard one of those for Randorosu.

Sorry no offense with this to you apple, but would you tell me if I should run Specs Latios over another pokemon on the team? Randorosu is key to this team and is its main reason to the success I have had. Secondly if Burungeru is really better than Slowbro for other reasons could you be kind enough to mention them better? The things you mentioned there weren't really convincing unless I missed something huge.

I would have to agree Burungeru would be of much more use to this team. Water Absorb makes rain's primary attacks, surf and waterfall free recovery and it resists the relatively common ice move on rain teams as well. Also, as previously mentioned by AB2, it blocks spin. Nattorei and Burungeru have good synergy like skarmbliss or celitran(? celebi and heatran) and would be much more beneficial to your team. However, I would run a Specially Defensive Burungeru since you have no solid special walls.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Well, as previously mentioned, Burungeru does come with the benefit of having water absorb in its arsenal as well. Also, its really not hard to run a similar set with Burungeru that you are running with Slowbro. I run a very effective set of:

Burungeru @ Leftovers
Bold 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD Water Absorb
Taunt | Toxic | Boil Over | Recover

I guess another small advantage to running Burungeru over Slowbro is that you have access to Taunt which is really quite good. I suppose you could still run slowbro; however in my experience, Burungeru is better in sponging rain teams and it also gives you a spin blocker.

As for Specs Latios, I really don't see where else it could be fitting. Rankurusu is basically a counter to Roobushin if you decide to opt for 0 Spe IVs as you will be slower and payback won't really do much of anything. Randorosu looked like the most replaceable member of the team as you still had Dorryuzu which is a powerful sweeper and check to Tyranitar which troubles specs latios. I also had to fix that detrimental water weakness of yours which seemed troubling even though auto weather is being tested. I know that I am just reiterating points here, but I don't see why you would replace Rankurusu when it is an amazing pokemon to take on Roobushin with.

I still wish you good luck in the changes you make with this team.

If anything, he should replace Doryuuzu for Specs Latios. Doryuuzu just isn't that good in this metagame with everyone preparing for him so much and the abundance of Rain teams.

If you're going to use Slowbro make him modest and use Choice Specs. With Flamethrower, Surf, Psychic and Ice Beam not only do you have amazing coverage but you can hit any threat hard, switch out, and then come back in to do it again with your health back.

Well, as previously mentioned, Burungeru does come with the benefit of having water absorb in its arsenal as well. Also, its really not hard to run a similar set with Burungeru that you are running with Slowbro. I run a very effective set of:

Burungeru @ Leftovers
Bold 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD Water Absorb
Taunt | Toxic | Boil Over | Recover

I guess another small advantage to running Burungeru over Slowbro is that you have access to Taunt which is really quite good. I suppose you could still run slowbro; however in my experience, Burungeru is better in sponging rain teams and it also gives you a spin blocker.

As for Specs Latios, I really don't see where else it could be fitting. Rankurusu is basically a counter to Roobushin if you decide to opt for 0 Spe IVs as you will be slower and payback won't really do much of anything. Randorosu looked like the most replaceable member of the team as you still had Dorryuzu which is a powerful sweeper and check to Tyranitar which troubles specs latios. I also had to fix that detrimental water weakness of yours which seemed troubling even though auto weather is being tested. I know that I am just reiterating points here, but I don't see why you would replace Rankurusu when it is an amazing pokemon to take on Roobushin with.

I still wish you good luck in the changes you make with this team.
Hmm that Burungeru set looks interesting enough having Taunt and all. I think I'll give it a go. :)

As for your Specs Latios doesn't Specs Latios also manage to beat Roopushin as well or better than Rankurusu would being able to OHKO with DM? Unless I switch in on a Payback I should be fine?

If anything, he should replace Doryuuzu for Specs Latios. Doryuuzu just isn't that good in this metagame with everyone preparing for him so much and the abundance of Rain teams.
This is very true from what I have seen. Everyone uses Rain pretty much and Doryuuzu is only good against them when defeating a non scarf Politoed (which I think it can't OHKO) or maybe a Nattorei if they decide to use it. Replacing Doryuuzu for the time being might be a good idea. If rain is banned then I see no reason to not place him back though.

Argh this just didn't work granted did help against Rain, but this was a hinderance against other teams losing my revenge killer.

If you're going to use Slowbro make him modest and use Choice Specs. With Flamethrower, Surf, Psychic and Ice Beam not only do you have amazing coverage but you can hit any threat hard, switch out, and then come back in to do it again with your health back.
Interesting idea that I have to try out at some point, but for now I will use apple's suggested Burungeru.

Burungeru>Slowbro, but why use the same ol' same ol'? Slowbro is a seriously underrated Pokemon. I do think though Psychic, Ice Beam should be put in over Toxic, despite hazrds. Good luck!

Burungeru>Slowbro, but why use the same ol' same ol'? Slowbro is a seriously underrated Pokemon. I do think though Psychic, Ice Beam should be put in over Toxic, despite hazrds. Good luck!
So you are saying I should use Slowbro, but just use Icebeam/Psychic over toxic?

You are running a pretty solid team here. I suggest using Burungeru over Slowbro. Also, ScarfGenosect is a great poke to use in this team as a special sweeper/revenge killer with u-turn, t-bolt, i-beam, and F-thrower. hope this helps

I was testing your team out and it is very good so props for that.
I ran a more specially bulky version of Hippo, it;'s been working fine but Hippo's good in general so whatever spread you feel like going with should work.

Rankurusu is a beast and got me a 6-0 within the first 5 battles using the team, I ran the same spread as yours, just max HP. And I run HP Fight over Focus Blast just because of the accuracy and I am usually able to get multiple CMs up so power hasn't been a problem yet. Although OHKOing TTar at +1 would be nice.

The only problem I've had is with Breloom, who seems to be everywhere. I haven't tried running the suggested Latios yet but I definitely want to try it and it should make Breloom easier to deal with.
To be honest, I haven't even used Swords Dance on Dory one time because of the fact that teams are overpreparing for him, he usually doesn't have time to do that.

Randorosu is great. But if you want and if you feel like venturing to the DW tier you could try the special Encourage set with LO max speed/max special attack timid with
Earth Power/Slime Wave/Focus Blast/ Hp Ice or Grass Knot. It works wonders, hits incredibly hard because of Encourage (or Sheer Force, whatever) and still has some surprise value since most are SD or Rock Polish.

You are running a pretty solid team here. I suggest using Burungeru over Slowbro. Also, ScarfGenosect is a great poke to use in this team as a special sweeper/revenge killer with u-turn, t-bolt, i-beam, and F-thrower. hope this helps
Standard has no Genosect...

I'm also testing the Burungeru to pretty good success at the moment.

I was testing your team out and it is very good so props for that.
I ran a more specially bulky version of Hippo, it;'s been working fine but Hippo's good in general so whatever spread you feel like going with should work.

Rankurusu is a beast and got me a 6-0 within the first 5 battles using the team, I ran the same spread as yours, just max HP. And I run HP Fight over Focus Blast just because of the accuracy and I am usually able to get multiple CMs up so power hasn't been a problem yet. Although OHKOing TTar at +1 would be nice.

The only problem I've had is with Breloom, who seems to be everywhere. I haven't tried running the suggested Latios yet but I definitely want to try it and it should make Breloom easier to deal with.
To be honest, I haven't even used Swords Dance on Dory one time because of the fact that teams are overpreparing for him, he usually doesn't have time to do that.

Randorosu is great. But if you want and if you feel like venturing to the DW tier you could try the special Encourage set with LO max speed/max special attack timid with
Earth Power/Slime Wave/Focus Blast/ Hp Ice or Grass Knot. It works wonders, hits incredibly hard because of Encourage (or Sheer Force, whatever) and still has some surprise value since most are SD or Rock Polish.
I used to run a special bulky spread, but then SD Scizor was even more of a threat so I decided to go to the physically bulky one. :)

I also would like to run HP Fighting, but missing the OHKO on T-Tar is a big bummer so I haven't gone for it.

Breloom is a big threat alon Birijion so which is why I should get around to testing Specs Latios over Doryuuzu as people prepare so much for it.

Well I won't be going in to DW, but the set looks atleast intresting. If it works then. :)

EDIT: Apple omg you were right I don't know why or what caused this (probably the teams I happen to face), but I tried Specs Latios over Randorosu it worked great. I still gotta have it run over Rankurusu just in case :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)