Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Needs work.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Terrible!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
3DWHKio.png

Introduction/teambuilding:
Hello everyone! I believe it's that time again! Yes, time to read an essay about a pokémon by some random guy on the internet and write a reply essay while you could be doing homework or exercising. Hey, i'm not mr. perfect either! I'm supposed to be doing a research paper! Now that i'm done roasting countless dorks online, it's time to explain why i'm running such a snow team in NU! 90% of people in my school probably don't evan know what that means. Anyways, I was bored and thought "Huh... abomasnow is in NU" and decided to build a snow team around it. The main purpose of this team is to stay alive as long as possible, while the opponent takes chip damage. Once weakened, my sweeper or scarf user can finish it up. Yes, it's a stupid gimmick but it works! Keep in mind, this is my first competitive NU team, so i'm pretty new to the meta.
AbomasnowMIcon.png

Osamasnow (Abomasnow) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpA / 88 SpD
Calm Nature

GrassIC.gif
- Giga Drain

IceIC.gif
- Blizzard

NormalIC.gif
- Protect
GrassIC.gif
- Leech Seed

Now i'm sure you all know that almost every weather team needs an elemental rock user. But NU doesn't supply any good icy rock users right? Wrong! It turns out that bulky abomasnow works out wonderfully! Blizzard and giga drain work amazing on a two moves bulky set, evan with just 8 special attack EVs. Leech seed works wonderfully as well, as it allows you to cripple the more defensive sets and stack up more chip damage. Protect helps on that whole chip damage thing if the opponent doesn't know what set i'm running. Of corse, the EVs are just for some all-round bulk so I can take a few hits and maby get the hail up 2, 3 or evan 4 times in a single game!

tumblr_njzgtlJpAL1u437jeo2_250.png

Dragqueen (Audino-Mega) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature

Wish -
NormalIC.gif

Protect -
NormalIC.gif

Heal Bell -
NormalIC.gif

Dazzling Gleam -
FairyIC.gif

Well when making a snow team with only 1 poke that has any self recovering moves, you are going to need a wish passer. Audino was the perfect candidate, as regenerator is great for ANY wish passer, and this is a hail team where half of my members will be taking constant chip damage. Heal bell has also been really helpful for my team, as I have nothing for toxic/will-o. Again, protect for chip damage, which is another reason to not run healing wish instead.
279.png

Fighter Jet (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature

FlyingIC.gif
- Defog
FlyingIC.gif
- Roost

WaterIC.gif
- Scald

BugIC.gif
- U-turn

When you join the U.S. airforce, you get to ride in one of these! When I took a little look at my team, I realised that I was going to be EXTREMELY weak to fighting, and stealth rock. In comes pelipper, my defogger! Of corse, this is just the standard set, but this little guy puts in work! Getting a scald burn with this thing is the greatest feeling ever! U-turn is also great for this team, as it can pick up momentum and get hail back up with one of my setters quick and easy.

256.png

dies in 5 turns (Combusken) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

Focus Blast -
FightingIC.gif

Fire Blast -
FireIC.gif

Protect -
NormalIC.gif

Hidden Power [Electric] -
ElectricIC.gif

You remember when I said that the idea of this team is to put in some chip damage and sweep? Well meet sweeper. A speed boost user is great because it out speeds everything! And again, protect stacks up evan MORE hail damage! This just works amazing for my team! Although, as the name suggests, I wish stacked damage didn't effect this thing so badly.​

221.png

Pile-O Hair (Piloswine) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature

GroundIC.gif
- Earthquake

RockIC.gif
- Stealth Rock

IceIC.gif
- Icicle Crash
IceIC.gif
- Ice Shard

I'm almost done with the team! This thing provides my team with ground coverage, priority and rocks! The spread is just the set from smogon and thick fat + eviolite is standard. I don't have much to say here, but I will say that this is my first ground type, which is good for my team. I would also like to ask for suggestions on any move to replace icicle crash, because obviously I have enough ice coverage already.
699.png

Nessy (Aurorus) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

Earth Power -
GroundIC.gif

Blizzard -
IceIC.gif

Freeze-Dry -
IceIC.gif

Frost Breath -
IceIC.gif

Remember me saying that I had a lot of ice coverage already? Well here you go. Meet the finisher 2. This is basically scarfed tyranitar on a sand team in OU. Except in NU, and it puts up hail. This thing flawlessly kills stockpile users (not that chip damage isn't enough), mantine and pelipper, and everything in between! Seriously, this thing puts in work!

abomasnow.gif
MAudino_Back_ORAS.gif
pelipper-3.gif
Combusken_Back_Shiny_XY.gif
piloswine-1.gif
aurorus-1.gif

Well thats about it, folks! I Know my team has a lot of flaws, but new and original so isn't that all that matters? ...nah! But seriously, thanks for the rate! P.S. the banner at the top is by Sobi. You can find his or her's banner thread by clicking here. Have a nice day!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi intellectual potato, the idea of hail in NU is pretty outrageous but mostly unexplored. For a first NU team this is pretty decent and with some suggestions I have I'm sure you'll do alright.
  • - On Pelipper an ev spread of 248 hp / 156 def / 104 sp def is what I would run. You still cover fighting types rather well and the extra sp def is nice for handling Floatzel which is regaining popularity and is pretty effective versus your team as is.
  • - With Combusken I think a change to a physically based set is in order since it functions as a more reliable way to clean opposing teams. A set of Flare Blitz / Swords Dance / Thunder Punch / Low Kick with a jolly nature would work best.
  • >
    - A switch to Ferroseed over Piloswine gives you a more reliable normal check and is more useful overall since piloswine doesn't really benefit from hail all that much. A simple spread of 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD with an Impish nature works best for ferroseed.
Sets
Combusken @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Thunder Punch

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Hi intellectual potato, the idea of hail in NU is pretty outrageous but mostly unexplored. For a first NU team this is pretty decent and with some suggestions I have I'm sure you'll do alright.
  • - On Pelipper an ev spread of 248 hp / 156 def / 104 sp def is what I would run. You still cover fighting types rather well and the extra sp def is nice for handling Floatzel which is regaining popularity and is pretty effective versus your team as is.
  • - With Combusken I think a change to a physically based set is in order since it functions as a more reliable way to clean opposing teams. A set of Flare Blitz / Swords Dance / Thunder Punch / Low Kick with a jolly nature would work best.
  • >
    - A switch to Ferroseed over Piloswine gives you a more reliable normal check and is more useful overall since piloswine doesn't really benefit from hail all that much. A simple spread of 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD with an Impish nature works best for ferroseed.
Sets
Combusken @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Thunder Punch

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
You know, this is a nice rate, but there are a few problems. For combuskion, I will admit I could use a physical attacker as my only other is piloswine, but flare blitz will just stack too much damage and i'll go down fast af. I also have found that protect + speed boost + 3 attacks seems to be the best thing for a team archtype like this. Although, I could try to replace them with physical moves. Now the problem I have with pelipper is I clearly do NOT have many counters for fighting types. Just look through my team and try to switch into a fighting type attack without pelipper! I admit, focus blast is a problem, but most mons using it have an electric type for extra coverage. And the problem with ferroseed is it clearly does NOT help with my fire type weakness... like... really... Although, the protect leech seed combo MAY help a little bit. What I might do is run spdef piloswine. Thanks for your help <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)