Sand Stall

Hello! I submitted an earlier version of my stall team for review, but i made a lot of new edits and am submitting this team as an entirely different one, for review. This team aims to use sandstorm, along with status, to slowly drain the opponents health, often forcing switches and plenty of RQs. So anyway here it is:
Sand Stall Team:

This Team has shown really solid performance against players, i won 15 out of 20 battles and really had a lot of fun, problem is i am still facing problems with high powered pokemon, especially special attackers like gengar which i find very hard to bring down. any tips would be appreciated! Now on to the pokes themselves:

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Stored Power
Sigilyph may not look like much, but this Guy has brought me back from the brink of defeat tons of times. with an awesome and reliable way to spread status and his excellent longevity, Sigilyph has tons of opportunities to setup cosmic powers while the opponents foolishly try to throw a leech seed or batter its health down, only to roost back up. I tend to try and let burn do its job rather than go for a quick off stored power, but it sometimes leaves it vulnerable to crits. still, this guy is excellent for cleaning up a team well and good.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
With my old stall team, i had a very big problem with weather teams, which could often overpower and pulverize my team. With Hippowdon, i not only get rid of pesky rain or sun, crippling many teams, i also have a weather condition that helps to wear down my opponent much faster than status can do on its own. With a balance in mixed stats as well as hp investment, Hippowdon can often be kept in reserve and take many hits in prolonged weather wars, which i tend to win due to the hazards piling up on the opposing side. His speed also ensures that weather teams never start with the weather of their choice, crippling them off the bat and often allowing the rocks to come in.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Foul Play
If there are no weather inducers in play, this guy often serves as my lead. With prankster Sableye can cripple the opponent and slap burns on physical attackers with ease, often being able to take punishment multiple times with recover. Foul Play spells murder for the physical attackers, and serves well in taking out psychic types as well. The max hp and special defense ensures that it usually survives hits from special sources, while physical attacks have burn to deal with. This also means that it can be kept for very long to continually come back.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
Tentacruel prevents hazards from piling up while setting a few of his own. with toxic spikes, pokemon that aren't burnt soon will get poisoned as well, and this allows me to get more damage as the battle wears on. Cruel also hits hard with scald, hurting opponents very badly and possibly burning. Protect serves to drag on the battle as tentacruel slowly gains health.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
Chansey is one of my favourite pokemon, and for most people it is easy to see why. with titanic defenses granted by eviolite, Chansey can even take certain physical hits to fire off a wish, either healing herself or a weakened team mate. She sponges up every special attack throw at her, so it allows for great chances to switch in to take an ice beam for hippowdon or Gliscor,and begin delaying. Toxic is for the special attackers and protect grants the extra turn for wish to take effect, should chansey wish to stay in.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
I've always loved the power behind a toxic orb gliscor. By alternating substitute and protect, Gliscor can stall out virtually any attacker without adverse effects. with a powerful earthquake, gliscor can also take advantages of switches and substitutes to deal some payback to opponents. Between him and Chansey, one tanks the special hits while the other takes most physical ones, forming rather good synergy.

As said earlier, i have faced problems with pokemon like gengar, who cant get poisoned and doesn't mind a burn that badly, as well as air Balloon Heatran, due to the limited amount of attacks my team has to pop the balloon for the quake to come in. Dragons might pose a slight problem, but gliscor is usually able to toxic stall them out. Without Sableye, stopping setup can become an uphill slog too, though by that time those are hopefully on my side. Past members have included Ferrothorn, Jellicent, slowbro and even a Priolu. This however, is probably the best i have come up with so far, so any comments would be appreciated. thanks!

I see a huge weakness to Kyurem-B all over. It can literally beat out every pokemon on this team, even Sigilyph. To fix this issue, I would switch Gliscor for a Ferrothorn. Sure, Gliscor can stall out a lot of attackers, but you already have Hippowdon, and you really do not want to stack on that Ice weakness. Ferrothorn also adds extra insurance against rain teams, and tends to lure in Keldeo and Terrakion for Tentacruel and Hippowdon to annoy.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect / Spikes

Interesting team you have here, it is not quite to my tastes, but still interesting, it does cover quite a bit of threats nicely.

First off, I highly suggest you switch Chansey over to Blissey, in the sand, Chansey is just taking sand damage, especially this Wish + Protect version, pretty much losing any advantage Chansey has over Blissey, the passive sand damage just hurts too much.

Currently, a large variety of physical Pokemon can tear large hole in your team with ease, especially Dragons, I would have to consider running either a Physically Defensive Hippowdon and / or Ice Fang on Hippowdon to counter or check these Pokemon.

Considering that Tentacruel is your only stop-gap again Keldeo here, I suggest you run Toxic over Toxic Spikes to cripple it more reliably. You may also want to consider running Ice Beam over Protect, as in the sand Tentacruel isn't actually gain any health with it, and you can use it to hurt incoming Dragons and Pokemon like Latios.

I agree with A-Dude's suggestion of Ferrothorn over Gliscor here, doing that covers a few key Pokemon which this team currently misses out on, such as Kyurem-B, Mamoswine, and Gyarados, as well as giving this team Spikes, Gliscor wasn't actually doing anything synergy wise for this team anyway, conflicting with Hippowdon.

Good luck man.

Hmm. I can't really give a full rate but the team looks nice. Not really a team I would use though for stall though if it works it works. I suggest giving chansey heal bell or aromatherapy. Look at it this way,

Player 1: toxics and spreads paralysis to slow you down
You: Heal Bell or Aromatherapy
Player 1: 12udjsn,jsisdjsojs/;as].

It's good to have a a good healing move on a stall team so you can continue to stall out teams even further and causing quite quite of rage quits which is usually a sign your team is good or annoying.

Annoying team = Good ^__^ (Unless you run a prankster infested team)
Sorry if this didn't really seem much but I am on my Tablet for now so my rates won't be that full.

PS: KYUREM-B IS A THREAT TO EVERY DEFENSIVE TYPE TEAMS LIKE STALL.

FlareQuake

Banned deucer.
I dont know what synergy it would have with your team, but if you are still having trouble w/special attackers, Stoutland does wonders in the sand, with a moveset of Pursuit, Wild Charege, Return, and Superpower, it's excellent, and the only thing that outspeeds Adamant Stout in rain are Scarfed pokemon over Base 108 (Im lookin at you keldeo , terrak and latios). Also, since you aim for a Sand Stall team, Jellicent has reliable recovery, you could try it over tentacruel, sure you'd miss rapid spin, but some stall teams work really nice w/o a spinner. You also could try out latias, it adds to your ice weakness, but gives you nice resistances to fighting, water, fire, and electric. Another good option might be Amoonguss, as it can act as a decent pivot, and has decent recovery in its ability.
Hoped I gave you some decent suggestions to consider on your team! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)