Sand Stream Semi-Stall Team

Hi, I'm kinda new to the pvp aspect of Pokemon. I played back in the day with Red and then didn't really touch the series until HeartGold/SoulSilver. Now that Black/White is out, I'm looking to get into the online aspect of it and here is a team I've drawn up to start with. I haven't fully built this team yet since I wanted to find out if it would be any good, also any help in the EV/nature aspect of this would be greatly appreciated. The goal for this team isn't competitive play (yet) but just so I can get my foot in the door without getting totally destroyed.

Sand Stream/Semi-Stall Team

Tyranatar - Sand Stream W/ Leftovers
Nature - Quiet (+S.Attack, -Speed)
EVs - 252 Def, 252 Speed, rest HP
Stealth Rock
Flame Thrower
Crunch
Ice Beam

He is my opener (as is with most any stall teams) and I lead with Stealth Rock. I can swap out after that if needed. After SR, he gets a nice move set spread for most of the holes the rest of my team leave open. Crunch is his strong STAB move. Ice Beam picks up a lot that my other guys are weak against and flamethrower will get any steel pokes.

Whimsicott - Trickery W/ Leftovers
Nature - Calm (+S. Def, -Attack)
EVs - 252 HP, 128 S. Def, 128 Def
Toxic
Substitute
Leech Seed
Encore

Here is one of my major stall components. His entire purpose is to extend the game as long as possible and pile up the end of turn damage. Because of his ability I can get in priority encores to force switches and extend the game. Sub in on switches or set ups and force switches with toxic and leech seed. His entire purpose is to be one annoying ball of fluff.

Reuniclus - Magic Guard W/ Life Orb
Nature - Bold (+Def, -Attack)
EVs- 252 HP, 252 Def, rest S.Attack
Psychic
Calm Mind
Recover
Focus Blast

A strong special sweeper with recover to keep up the stall game. Magic Guard allows him to ignore sandstorm and reflect incoming status effects. Calm Mind is there if I get a chance to set up and Psychic and Focus Blast are his nuke moves and are boosted with Life Orb without the penalty.

Latias - Levitate W/ Light Clay
Nature - Bold (+Def, -Attack)
EVs- 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 S. Def
Light Screen
Reflect
Wish
Draco Meteor

My support poke that will wall off the rest of my team as well as heal them. Typical dual screener with Light Clay. Wish to heal himself as well as heal anybody else that needs it. Draco Meteor gives her a single attack to prevent forced switches with taunt. HP EVs to increase the heal given by Wish and the Def/S.Def spread to even out her defenses.

Jellicent - Water Absorb W/ Leftovers
Nature - Bold (+Def, -S.Attack)
EVs - 252 Def, 252 HP, rest S. Attack
Recover
Surf
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

My other special attacker with Recover to stall some more. He is here to counter my weakness to both water/rain dance teams as well as any Fighting types that can take advantage of my Reuniclus and Tyranitar. He can also block any unwanted Rapid Spins. Water Absorb will take any water damage and he can fight back with a super effective Energy Ball. Surf and Shadow Ball for his strong STAB moves while Energy Ball will hit those rain teams.

Excadrill - Sand Rush W/ Balloon
Nature - Jolly (+Speed, -S.Attack)
EVs - 252 Speed, 252 Attack, rest Def
Swords Dance
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Rock Slide

My late game physical sweeper with steroided speed because of the sandstorm. A swords dance to set up and he'll clear the rest of what the other team has. Earthquake is his STAB nuke and gets Rock Slide and X-Scissor to round out his moves.

My biggest weakness with this team is water/rain dance teams and a strong fighting sweeper. I've got Jellicent to help counter that but he can only do so much.

EDIT: Reflected my changes to my team.

Jellicent: Put the speed Evs into HP, unless there’s certain threats that Jellicent wants to outspeed, but its not sweeping anything. Cursed Body instead of Water Absorb, nothing is going to hit Jellicent more than once with a Water move.
Excadrill’s moveset/item are fine, but change nature to Jolly and 252Speed/Attack, although Sand makes you fast, you need the speed for opposing excadrill and Choice Scarfers.
Tyranitar has great Sp.Def in Sandstorm, don’t use a nature that lowers his Sp.Def. If you want to go mixed, use a Brave (+Attack/-Speed) or Quiet(+Sp.Attack/-Speed). As a lead, Pursuit is generally better than Crunch.
Whimsicott looks good but the last move should be Encore, as it will be doing pretty poor damage to anything not weak to grass knot.
While not super necessary, Bold 252 HP/Def is generally better for a Calm Minder on Reuniclus, who has great Sp.Attack without investment, and you’ll be getting that same power after a Calm Mind, but with defense investment, you can actually live through Ttar’s Crunch, and Scizor’s U-turn.
Everything Audino could be doing could probably by done better by Latias/Latios bar encore, which you have priority with Whimsicott. With Ttar and Excadrill, you could stand to alleviate the Fighting weakness.

Thank you for the suggestions, I am reflecting all changes that I've made to my team on my OP. Changes being:

Latias in, Audino out
Tyranitar - Quiet nature
Whimsicott - 128 Def, 128 S.Def spread instead of all S.Def
Reuniclus - Bold with HP and Def EV spread
Jellicent - EVs in HP instead of speed
Excadrill - Jolly with Speed/Attack EV spread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)