Sand Team

Hi guys! This is my second RMT and I'm still very new here. Please rate my sand team and give constructive criticism. Like what I did before, I'm just going to copy-paste my team from Pokemon Showdown. And yes, I will probably have to come up with better Pokemon names for my dudes and dudettes. Thanks!

Stealthy Dude (Tyranitar) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

When I first named the members of my team, my Tyranitar had Stealth Rock and barely and offensive moves. But then, I started looking at the stats and I noticed that Tyranitar had the highest Attack compared to all my other Pokemons (excluding boosting items), which is why Tyranitar became somewhat of a wallbreaker. I can't be bothered to change its name. Maybe someone, someday, will think that it runs Stealth Rock just based on its name and drop his/her guard. You never know :p

Main Dude (Garchomp) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Garchomp is supposed to be the main sweeper, especially once it gets Swords Dance. Earthquake and Outrage is pretty standard, and Fire Fang allows Garchomp to roast and eat Ferrothorn/Forretress at the same time. It's great when you can roast and eat at the same time. Custap is there because I often find Garchomp below 25% health and that one-time priority move for anything is valuable.

Unbanded Dude (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Similar to Tyranitar, this guy started out without the bands. Then, I noticed that I rarely needed Terrakion to switch moves all that often and thus, Choice Band became a natural pick. It's terrifying. Close Combat and Stone Edge are the awesome STABs, X-Scissor to kill psychos (psychoes??) and Quick Attack for the priority. This guy's pretty cool.

Crazy Dude (Jirachi) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 224 SAtk / 32 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Thunder

This is my crazy guy and gave me the odd wins with Thunder against rain, Ice Punch against dragons, Drain Punch for recovery and Iron Head for pure hax-inducer (although I must admit, it disappoints more often that I would expect). Lum Berry is here simply because early on, I find myself ALWAYS getting T-Waved and I hate paralysis. Well, everyone hates getting their mons paralyzed.

Power Dude (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

A new addition ever since I removed my CB Scizor, this guy was the natural choice when I lacked a special attacker. Landorus' Sheer Force is a (the) Force to be reckoned with. All the move bar HP Ice makes use of Sheer Force, which in turn negates the effect of Life Orb and lets Landorus rip stuff apart. Earth Power is a great STAB, I personally hate Focus Blast but it gets the job done most of the time (I hate you accuracy), HP Ice makes the Lati@s cry sometimes and Psychic is, well, Psychic; it's both powerful and accurate, and it also allows me to laugh maniacally when Keldeo switches in. And Conkeldurr. And Gengar. And I love Landorus.

Anti Dude (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Anti for anti meta, this dude is the only Stealth Rocker in my team and I actually contempated making him a lead Stealth Rock set-upper (not sure how to spell, but you get me). It never happened. Ice Shard is a fantastic priority move since it hits dragons for super effective, Icicle Crash is powerful against dragons not killed (or 2HKOed) by Ice Shard and Earthquake is awesome.

There it is guys! I hope that I made my explanations over each Pokemon clear since I'm somewhat pretty new here.. I'm looking forward for the community to find ways to improve my team! Thanks again! Cheers!!

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi. I think that with just a few minor changes, you'll have a very solid and viable team. First I would use Rock Polish over Psychic on Landorus. Having a late game win condition after your opponent's team has been weakened is works very well with heavy hitters like CB Terrakion and SD Garchomp. In order to aid in its sweep, I suggest that you use a Scarf Tyranitar with over your current set. Custap Berry isn't really doing anything at all for Tyranitar. Using a Scarf Pursuit set will allow you to trap Celebi (who almost always carries baton pass to get away from slower Tyranitar sets) and Latias, who stand in the way of Landorus's Sweep. With Garchomp, you're more likely to get more out of a Yache Berry set. Banking on it getting to 25% or less to activate Custap just isn't reliable. Lastly, you have a pretty significant weakness to Rotom-W and Keldeo. In order to fix this, I would use Latias over Jirachi. Your Jirachi set just isn't very effective. Thunder is unreliable in the sand and Drain Punch is far too weak on Jirachi to really do anything. Having Latias also gives you an additional switch-in to ground-type attacks, which can be useful if you don't want to risk switching Landorus-I in on something like a Landorus-T HP ice. Hope I helped.

Here are the Latias and Tyranitar sets:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

Hmm, the suggestion sounds great, will try it out. Thanks! But for the Tyranitar, I think that it's better for it to run Earthquake or Super Power since Stone Edge is not only inaccurate, but I already have Terrakion using Stone Edge. Not having a physical fighting move will make me struggle against Blissey..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)