Sandstorm 3rd Gen

Hello everyone this is a sandstorm team I made. Edits are in bold.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Protect

Mixpert lead can scout out other leads and protect itself using protect. Protect also allows swampert to maximize the regen it gets from leftovers recovery and acts as a tank move. This thing also takes Rock moves and counters other TTars out there and resists electric type attacks but watch out for HP Grass.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Sets up SS and acts as a physical sweeper. I chose this set over BOAH because my team was lacking a set up poke and Ttar seemed like the perfect candidate.Dragon dance is used to obviously boost attack and speed to sweeping ohko attack first levels and taunt is there incase someone wants to status or phaze or haze you outta the game.Rock slide is for stab and eq hits anything that resists rock slide.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SAtk / 152 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Recover

My other set up mon ment to either sweep late game with Psychic or pass Sp. Def onto any of my other Pokemon who all love the boost. I gave it 301 speed to outspeed Adament banded Salamence and to catch my opponents by surprise. Thanks goes to Pocket this was truly a great suggestion.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Choice banded Gross is designed to unleash its monstrous meteor mash on the foe and put a dent into there team.I went with Metagross because its a steel type and resist Sandstorm damage. It also has respectable bulk that allows it to live long enough to do its job.Explosion can be used once metagross is weak and ready to die (lol biggie smalls) but watch out for a predicted ghost switch in.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 200 HP / 108 Def / 200 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rest
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

My physical wall designed to tank hits from CB'ers and whirlwind any physical set up sweepers. Spikes damage really hurts the enemy too as they are unable to recover with leftovers due to sandstream being up.Skarmory is also resistant to sandstream maximizing its effectiveness on this team.this also can rest up damage and atatck foes with rest and hp flying.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Donphan is my rspinner and can dish out some serious damage with a stab EQ and rockslide for flying types. It can rest of any damage it takes or status and I can use Celebi's heal bell to restore it back to normal.its physical bulk is good but its special bulk is shit so dont keep this in on anything special.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nice defensive team, jonnyrolo. CM Celebi with Giga Drain + HP Fire can sweep this team, however. Zapdos can also be a major annoyance to this team, Pressure-stalling out Celebi and dispatching the rest of your mons with Tbolt / HP Grass.

You can easily fix this by replacing Heal Bell and Leech Seed with Calm Mind and Baton Pass. Calm Mind prevents Zapdos from stalling you out much better than Leech Seed, and Baton Pass lets you pass those SpD boosts to say Metagross or Skarmory to better deal with Celebi.

Dugtrio + Swords Dance / Salac Heracross looks extremely dangerous atm. I would try limiting its effectiveness, by bumping Celebi's Speed up to 270 to outrun Adamant versions and hit it hard with Psychic. Donphan can Roar instead of Rest to thwart Heracross attempt at setting up, but Hidden Power [Flying] may also be useful to catch Heracross and Breloom off-guard. Swampert can also pack Roar over Protect, but Curse is also a decent choice to give a beat-down on bulky Water-types that think they can stall out Swampert, setting up for a DDTar sweep. I would invest at least 12 Atk EVs to 2HKO Max HP / Max Def Milotic and 3HKO Max HP / Max Def Suicune at +2. After a Curse, Swampert also 3HKOs Heracross; 2HKOs with +2.

Also you're better off maxing Skarmory's HP to improve its special defensiveness. Leftovers number are overrated imo, especially on mons with relatively-low HP like Skarmory. 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD is the way to go.

Also consider Jolly on Tyranitar, so it doesn't get revenge-killed by Adamant CBDugtrio or Starmie.

Rock Slide is so much more useful than Shadow Ball on your CB Metagross for taking out Zapdos and Gyarados that resists all of Metagross's other moves.

EDIT: Consider adding Zapdos to your team. This will provide you some offense against Skarmory that walls this team, as well as provide you a better answer to Water-types in addition to Celebi. Zapdos can either go over Donphan. I suggest making Swampert physically-defensive to compensate for the loss of Donphan. 252 HP / 124 Def / 120 SpA / 12 Spe; Relaxed Nature is the suggested set. The SpA EVs allow you to reliably OHKO DDMence with sand damage, whereas the 12 Spe EVs is simply to have an advantage over other Swamperts. You may combine Donphan and Skarm's role into one by adding replacing Skarmory with Forretress.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Roar
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

Zapdos checks CM sweepers like Jirachi, Suicune, Celebi, and Raikou for the team. Roar also lets Zapdos rack up Spikes damage on the opponent's team.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def
~ Earthquake
~ Spikes
~ Rapid Spin
~ Reflect

Hope this helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)