Sandstorm team (OU)

Intro​

This is my first sandstorm team. I have not really done a RMT before. I've enjoyed most of the poké's I had for a while and figured a few of them would make a good sandstorm team. I'm totally open for any suggestions or ideas, I'll ask questions along the way and I'm hoping I can get a good few suggestions for my team/if I should switch anything out.

So here goes:

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Crunch

MixTar. He puts up the Sandstorm, and the lowered speed nature makes sure his sandstorm activates after any others so drizzle or drought is never a problem. He takes special hits, can even take a Reuniclus Focus Blast. Flamethrower takes out the steels/bugs, Ice Beam does it's stuff, and Crunch is there for the STAB. Stealth Rock is a given.

Excadrill @ Balloon
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Pretty self-explanatory. Earthquake takes STAB, Rock Slide for flinching and the bug/flying/etc, X-Scissor just adds some typing broadness.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bulk Up
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr is pretty beastly, and puts out strong fighting and dark attacks. Brave ensures that he goes second for payback, and Guts is always nice if he gets burned.

Carracosta @ White Herb
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shell Break
- Aqua Jet
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Standard Carracosta, Shell break with White Herb to keep the defenses at something useful, and follow up with anything else, also helpful to get the quick last hit on anything low on hp.I am considering swapping this guy with a Gliscor W/ leftovers, Suggestions?

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def/ 56 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Psycho Shift

This guy is pretty useful, especially in a sandstorm. He ignores the sandstorm hits, can take on a flame orb to block any further statuses, weakens any physical attackers as long as they are not fire-type, and once it gets off 2 or 3 Cosmic Powers it's hard to take it down without a lucky crit. Switch out in the case of a dark type, but otherwise heal up with roost or on any anticipated rock attacks, and use stored power to beat non-dark types down.

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

This guy covers my hole in my resistances with a water resistance. Seed Bomb and Sucker punch give Physical STAB with the priority on SP, Drain Punch can heal off whatever i lose from a sub. I had the idea of Swords Dance somewhere but it seemed the team would be too much around setting up. Sand Veil takes control of the sandstorm damage, and Life Orb adds some hit. All in all, self explanatory.

Let the RMT begin!

This is a bump with a bit of extra information:
Just so you can get an idea of what I know and don't know about my team.
I know it has some offensive holes. I feel okay defensively, but I leave that to all of you to let me know how you feel about that.

I also play against friends and when I do we don't like to use more than one item on a party. So if you suggest an item that is already on another poké, then please let me know if you have any ideas to replace the other.

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)