Sandstorm team RMT/ Help with regular teambuilding

I have a bad habit of not building teams where they can help each other, but I just throw pokemon in there. This is an amazing Sandstorm team i've made on the simulator (It got deleted for me for some reason, remaking it soon) so some tips on team building to counter annoying as hell rain/sunny day teams. Here's my Sandstorm team;

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
252 HP/244 Def/12 SpD
~Earthquake
~Stealth Rocks
~Fire Fang
~Slack Off

Obvious lead is obvious, he's there to wall out any physical hits along with Gliscor and to set up Stealth Rocks. Fire Fang instead of Ice because I figured enough of my pokemon had Ice coverage.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Ice Fang
~Earthquake
~Taunt

I love this set for Gliscor, it's saved me from stall teams so many times. Taunt is almost more important then Swords Dance on this set half the time, Im thinking of replacing it with Roost. Gliscor is pretty much the bread and butter of this team.

Lucario @ Life Orb
4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power Ice
~Earthquake

My main sweeper, while most Lucarios are physical, it has a lot of potential for being a mixed attacker. Aura Sphere is a powerful stab, doing a chunk of damage to things that doesn't resist it. Shadow Ball can hit Jellicent, Alakazam, Gengar, and many other things very hard, and Hidden Power Ice is there for extra coverage against Dragon types and ground types such as Gliscor, Terrakion, and Hippowdon that would otherwise try to KO it.

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
~Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
~Scald
~Grass Knot

Specs Empoleon packs a huge punch against many threats, especially if it gets a Torrent boost, making it an extremely effective revenge killer; too bad it's got that terrible 60 base speed. Empoleon would be amazing with at least 100 base speed.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 88 Def/168 SpD
~Spikes
~Gyro Ball
~Power Whip
~Leech Seed

Just a standard Ferrothorn, to wall out any special attackers trying to sweep my team like Starmie, and Gyro Ball hits hard a lot of things hard in OU, considering 90% of it has higher then 100 base speed. He's one of my main walls, just here to support the rest of my team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
252 Atk/248 HP/ 8 SpD
~U-Turn
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Pursuit

Scizor is probably close to one of the top physical attackers in OU, especially with a Choice Band. It may not be fast, but it can take a hit or two and hit back extremely hard, and Technician boosted Bullet Punch can hit hard anything it doesn't resist.

Thanks, don't forget to give tips for team building. I can't find any good guides anywhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)