sandstorm team

I've been using this team for several months on the PL server, so it's 4th gen... And I think this team needs some improvements..

Hippowdon @ leftovers
Sandstream
252 hp/ 152 def/ 104 spD
Impish
Stockpile
Earthquake
Slack Off
Roar

This is the pokemon I lead w/ for a somewhat obvious reason (sandstream and it's more likely to survive than a T-tar lead) and it can take multiple hits from common leads WHILE boosting already high defences using Stockpile. Earthquake is used as a reliable STAB move and to avoid being complete Taunt bait. Slack Off is for reliable recovery so it can keep stalling :3. Roar is there to eliminate opposing stat changes and to keep switching the opponent's pokemon (which more often than not suffer damage from sandstorm).

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock
Roar

If my Hippowdon can't deal damage to a pokemon, Swampert comes in w/ Ice Beam (usually, Hippowdon is walled by Flying pokemon). Earthquake is reliable, accurate STAB, and all-around kick-ass move :P. Stealth Rock is for entry hazzard and makes it that much easier to sweep the opposing team w/ any other pokemon. Roar is to make Stealth Rock damage add up (alternative to Hippowdon).

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Brick Break / Bug Bite
Roost

Scizor is just an all-out attacker. W/ Bullet Punch, it can easily take out frail sweepers who don't resist steel moves. Swords Dance brings Scizor's already high attack to ridiculous levels. Brick Break is for pokemon who would resist Bullet Punch, such as Empoleon, Vaporeon, or other Water and Steel type pokemon. Roost is to recover damage dealt in battle/Life Orb recoil since both together will add up pretty quickly.

Gliscor @ Life Orb
Sand Veil
Jolly
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roost

Gliscor is another SD sweeper in this team. SD boosts attack to extreme levels. Earthquake and Stone Edge are used for near perfect coverage (QuakeEdge combo, anyone?). And Roost is for instant recovery.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sandstream
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Crunch
Fire Punch

Tyranitar serves 2 purposes on this team. 1) It can set up Sandstorm if Hippowdon is taken out and the weather has been altered somehow, and 2) It's been a decent sweeper and has been helpful in a fair amount of battles. Stone Edge and Crunch are for dual STAB and power. Dragon Dance is used for boosting Attack/Speed (naturally), which would give it the bonus of a choice scarf/band while retaining the freedom to switch moves. Fire Punch is used to deal neutral-super effective damage to pokemon resistant to T-tar's STAB's (such as Machamp, Scarmory, etc...).

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Inner Focus
Modest
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Dragon Pulse
Vacuum Wave
Shadow Ball
Aura Sphere

Can't have all physical attackers in a team, right? That's where Lucario comes in. W/ it's 115 base Special Attack, I believe this was the natural choice for a special attacker in a Sandstorm team. Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave are there for STAB (and each have a benefit that the other doesn't). Aura Sphere is a powerful attack (obviously...) and had perfect accuracy!!!! :D Vacuum Wave is for revenge killing (more often than not, the opposing pokemon has low health when i switch it in). Dragon Pulse is so I can deal neutral damage to 15/17 types of pokemon in the game (excluding Dragon and Steel), plus I kinda like the attack. Shadow Ball is used w/ fighting for coverage and to take out Ghost & Psychic pokemon.

Well... That's all I have for this team. Please rate/give suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to read this!! ^_^

You don't have a counter to bulky water/grass types that will be a problem so a special landorus can help with that
Landorus@ life orb. Sand force
Calm mind|grass knot|psychic|focus blast
Sand force helps your team out in sandstorm. Calm mind is to raise spA. Grass knot deals with waters. Focus blast deals huge damage and when paired with psychic has good neutral coverage.
Garchomp, I would have over gliscor as he is stronger and has a better dual STAB as well as having a sword dance set like gliscor. Hope I've helped.

You don't have a counter to bulky water/grass types that will be a problem so a special landorus can help with that
Landorus@ life orb. Sand force
Calm mind|grass knot|psychic|focus blast
Sand force helps your team out in sandstorm. Calm mind is to raise spA. Grass knot deals with waters. Focus blast deals huge damage and when paired with psychic has good neutral coverage.
Garchomp, I would have over gliscor as he is stronger and has a better dual STAB as well as having a sword dance set like gliscor. Hope I've helped.
and what kind of EV spread/nature should this Landorus have?
should it be timid, modest, hasty, naive, rash, or what? 0.o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)