Sawk > All

Introduction
I wanted to try out Sawk in the new metagame and thus made this weird team in 5 minutes or so. It seems pretty solid so maybe I could get some suggestions for this? I made half of a RMT just now but accidentally submitted it and it got deleted lol so here's a shabby little RMT.

The Team

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Choice Banded Sawk hits like a truck. Remove its counters and a threat above 269 speed, and you got a sweep going on. Close Combat is a nice STRONG STAB move to go with a strong man like Sawk. Ice Punch and Stone Edge are to hit things that can take CC for days, Golurk, Rotom-S to name a few. Earthquake is good if I don't want Sawk to have his defenses lowered, and can be used to hit some Poison/Ghost types like Haunter due to that STRONG Mold Breaker. Max ATK, Adamant nature and max Spd are essential to speedtie with other base 85s and give it maximum power.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch

Golurk is my Stealth Rock user and spinblocker. It has solid enough bulk to take a few hits and can dish out big damage in return. Iron Fist is a STRONG ability that boosts Ice Punch and Shadow Punch. Earthquake is the first STAB move Golurk needs as it threatens other common leads like Regirock. I believe it 2HKOs even though Regirock is so bulky. Ice Punch hits flying-types and grass-types that laugh at Golurk's Earthquakes. Shadow Punch is a nifty STAB move to have and hits Psychic-types and Ghost-types, which are pains in the eye to Sawk. Max HP gives it maximum survivability and max atk allows it to crush and demolish.

Gardevoir (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

I needed something that was pretty fast and could dish out huge damage. Ludicolo is a great answer to that. Rain Dance is essential to give it the speed it needs. Hydro Pump, Giga Drain and Ice Beam have good coverage together and Giga Drain heals its Life Orb recoil so it's all good. Max SpA and Spd to outspeed pretty much everything in rain and deal good damage.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

I needed a scarfer. Rotom-S was the first thing that came to my mind. It sits at a nice 86 speed and can troll base 85 scarfers. Rotom-S deals with Sawks and some fast grass-types that could've swept my team(SD Leafeon) before so it does pretty well. Volt Switch gives Rotom-S momentum and can chip off the last bit of HP on other things. Air Slash and Thunderbolt give Rotom-S its STABs and take out grass, fighting, water types(namely fast grass and fighting types). Trick is useful at times when facing a terribly annoying defensive pokemon(like Lickilicky or Golbat). Max SAtk and Spd are essential and Timid nature to outspeed base 85 Timid natures too.

Braviary (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute
- Bulk Up

The last two teamslots are always the hardest to think of. I decided to place a set-up sweeper here and my favourite set-up sweeper in NU is Braviary. It tanks hits just so comfortably and can usually find a way to get off a Bulk Up off and start setting up(as long as some douchebag doesn't crit me). Before I know it, Braviary could be starting a sweep. All moves on Braviary is standard-fare. Brave Bird is a tough choice against Return but Brave Bird can hit Ghost-types. Roost is to heal off damage and maybe lighten Electric or Ice-type attacks. Substitute whenever I find a chance to, facilitating the sweep. Bulk Up, obviously a set-up move. Max HP and Max SDef allows Braviary to tank special moves better as Bulk Up only boosts its physical defense.

Roselia (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Musharna, such a tank. When I first saw Musharna's stats, I thought it wasn't much. I believed Sawk could've 2HKOed it with Earthquake. But Sawk isn't even CLOSE! Musharna is my main Sawk counter(especially Scarf Sawk). It tanks all of Sawk's moves comfortably and can retaliate with a Psychic or predict the switch and Calm Mind up. Psychic is the main STAB move and hits fighting-types like Sawk. Signal Beam is used to hit Dark-types like Skuntank which Psychic can't. Moonlight is to heal off damage it has taken. Calm Mind, allows Musharna to be a HUGE threat. Musharna can barely be damaged from the physical side and after a few Calm Minds, it will be nearly invincible. Synchronise is a nicer way of saying, "Screw you for burning/toxic-ing/freezing me!" Leftovers for constant recovery. Max HP and Def allows it to take physical hits better as Calm Mind boosts its special defense only.

Conclusion
I'm pretty proud of this team and the progress it has, considering I've not been playing NU for a loooooooooooooong time. I hope you guys enjoyed this RMT and definitely, suggestions please?

there honestly really isn't too much to change with this team; it's quite standard (i believe that shnen actually used to play with a very similar team) and it doesn't have a gaping weakness to one particular pokemon. the only thing i can point out is that you should really use a jolly nature on sawk and a timid nature ludicolo. gardevoir and braviary commonly run positive speed natures, so sawk would like to be faster than them. ludicolo wants to speed tie with samurott and, to a lesser extent, other ludicolo because the worst case scenario is that you automatically lose to a megahorn from being outpaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)