XY OU Scarf Lando-T Core

THE TEAM:

This Team is based around scarfed lando-T and SD Bisharp. If any of you have any tips to help improve the team, go ahead and post them in the comments below. Hope you enjoy!

THIS MOTHA F***A RIGHT HERE -->
Code name: Sky Rufus.

Sky Rufus (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

The Main event! Scarfed to outspeed alot of threats such as greninja and keldeo. Now lets go through this mans moves; Earthquake: Main stab and damage dealing move, used to take out most pokes. Stone Edge: To hit those pesky flying types that are to scared to be hit by an EQ. U-turn: To get a Quick switch out, outspeeds most non scarfed, so easily can get out. Knock off: mostly for gengar and other ghost types, but can also be used to just get the item off the poke.

The Lady Killer -->
Code name: Michael Meyers

Michael Meyers (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This guy is the revenge killer of the century, The back up for Lando-T. Nothing Lives a +2 attack from this guy, and most dont outspeed it, and even if they do (ie; gengar) he can hit with a sneaky SP. His Arsenal; Swords dance: used to get up the +2 needed to sweep most teams. Knock off: 1 of his main Stab attacks to hit hard, or just to get rid of the enemy's item. Sucker punch: Sneaky Stab attack, can hit hard after +2 and almost always hits first. Iron head: Other main Stab attack, heavy hitting, chance to flinch, what else must i say?

The Mega Monster -->
Code name: Rocks

Rocks (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

A hard hitting sweeper, we all know this, so lets just skip right to his moves. Dragon Dance: Main setup move, used to get the +1 in attack and speed so it can sweep very easily. Flare blitz: heavy hitting recoil Stab move, hits very very hard, but does give recoil which can put in danger of being revenge killed easier. Roost: used mostly to heal off stealth rocks damage or recoil damage, main recovery move. Dragon claw: Other Stab move that, with tough claws, can hit very hard, especially after a few dragon dances.

The Eater -->
Code Name: Yummy!

Yummy! (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Hex

His job is to eat up all the special hits, and some physical as well. Runs just enough Spa to break a gengar's sub with hex. His moves are all about being an asshole, so lets take a look at them. Will-o-wisp: status move to cripple physical attackers or just to get residual damage. Substitute: since it's very hard to damage him, he can keep a sub up for a long time, which makes it a good move on him. Pain Split: just to be a dick ;] gets up sub, take some damage, doesnt matter when you can just share the pain. Hex: usually paired with wisp, burn + hex does more then a shadow ball, and is his only attacking move.

The Tank -->
Code Name: Pharoah

Pharoah (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 144 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Crunch
- Roar
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

My physical tank, runs enough attack to not just be a walking stealth rocker. Chople berry used to survive most to all fighting attacks (this may be changed after this was made, if so i will make sure to say so). His moves are pretty basic, but lets take a look; Crunch: 2nd Main stab attack, used to get the def. drop or just to do damage. Roar: Used to force switch pokes that set up or that have a sub up, (or just to be evil and half chunk a talonflame/charizard). Stone Edge: Main stab moves, used to hit pesky fire or flying types. Stealth Rock: used to get damage on every switch, Main thing he's there for.

And last but not least -->
Code name: Bling

Bling (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Hydro Pump
- Defog

Most expendable/Changeable poke on my team, mostly there for stall gliscor. Just there to hit up small hits, and hit back with hard hitting moves. Speaking of moves, lets look at his; Ice Beam: like i said earlier, he is used to beat gliscor stall, and ice beam does this job the best. Flash Cannon: mostly used to get damage off or to get the SpDef drop. Hydro Pump: Main Stab moves, heavy hitting, but fiarly bad accuracy. Defog: used to get rocks, spikes, etc. off the field for zard.

I Hope you enjoyed, and i apoligize for below, i don't know how to make a hidden text box thing i've seen in most other RTMS, i hope you dont hate me for it ;]. Again, all feedback/tips are loved and will be looked into to see if they're able to work well. I will also test all your suggestions atleast once to see how i like them, and if they actually work. Thank you for looking over this, and i hope you have a good day/night! - International00

THREAT LIST:

Keldo - Not many Switch ins for this other then dusclops, scarf beats whole team, and specs can be a pain as well.
Azumarill - Mostly B-Drum, since aqua jet kills lando-T, and really only a hurt one can be killed by bisharp.
Most Scarfers - My team is fairly slow other then bisharp and lando-T, so most scarfers can outspeed them.
Breloom - Lead, mach punch just pops most of my team, and I dont have many pokes that enjoy being asleep.

IMPORTABLE TEXT:

Michael Meyers (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Sky Rufus (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Yummy! (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Hex

Bling (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Hydro Pump
- Defog

Pharoah (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 144 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Crunch
- Roar
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Rocks (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Hi there, international00! This team at a glance looks very interesting, but there could be a few changes made.

First, for Dusclops, I advise you completely scrap it. Dusclops is a terrible Pokemon, all the way down even in NU. This is because of its weakness to Knock Off and its over reliance on its Eviolite, and Knock Off is very prevalent in the current metagame. Over Dusclops, I'd advise you use Rotom-W. Rotom-W has a superior defensive typing leaving it only weak to Grass-type attacks, can use a free item, as well as access to both Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split, just like Dusclops. Furthermore, it also has a stronger offensive presence and still decent bulk. And according to your threat list, it also beats BD Azumarill, which I'm sure will aid your. team.

Next, I'd advise you look into using a bulkier variant of Empoleon. Empoleon offensively without Choice Specs is very mediocre, and seeing as you have Defog on it, using a bulkier variant will allow you to use Defog multiple times, as well as spread status with Scald and Toxic. I have included the set in the importable hide tag :)

Otherwise, this team looks pretty good. Good luck, and I hope I helped.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Defog

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This is a decent team that covers most of the threats in the current metagame. As you mentioned yourself, Water-types like Keldeo and Azumarill, but also threats like DD Mega Charizard X, have a field day against your team. Seeing as how these pokes are more popular now than ever, I think it's in your best interest to patch some of these weaknesses up. By running Starmie over Empoleon you gain a great switch-in to Keldeo, as well as keeping your hazard remover. Starmie is also capable of acting as a great lure for Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor if running HP Fire, which is something that would assist a sweep with Landorus-T or Bisharp. On the topic of it, I advise changing the nature from Adamant to Jolly on Landorus-T. What this lets you do is outspeed Adamant Mega Charizard X at +1, which can be crucial for stopping its sweep. It also lets you outpace Scarf Excadrill which can be quite the annoyance with powerful Earthquakes coupled with flinches from Iron Head. To stop Azumarill from wrecking havoc, I suggest you try to change Tyranitar to an Azumarill counter capable of setting Stealth Rocks. The options are few, and Ferrothorn stands out in particular, as it also stops Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gyarados from troubling your team. Thus, running Ferrothorn over Tyranitar is a change I think would improve the performance of your team greatly. Becuase Scarf Lanodrus-T has risen a lot is usage, it is gonna be hard to sweep with your Mega Charizard X the way it is right now. I think running a Jolly Nature on Charizard would be beneficial, seeing as how it outspeeds and OHKOs Lanodrus-T at +1. This opens up a lot against more balanced teams that rely on Scarf Landorus-T to take on Charizard. Lastly, I don't know how Dusclops is working out on your team, but if it's not doing enough, an optional change is running Gengar over it :]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic / Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Recover
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 96 HP / 220 Atk / 8 SDef / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Optional:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)