SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Pokemon and inner consistency is a lost battle. And "no those are extinct variants" is crap, specially for stuff like Ursaluna or Wyrdeer.

To say nothing of the travesty those regional Sneasel and Qwilfish were, or how we didn't really need a third Basculin.

At least we seem to be now back on track with regular evolutions. Galar also had that crap of regional variant-only evolutions.

Huh, could this be the value for Maushold's different forms? On 4ch they've been struggling to figure out what the requirements are to get the 4-Family VS the 3-Family form.
Hmm. I'm not sure.
For some reason, certain female-only Pokemon also have a rate - of 50%, for:
- Basculegion-1
- Oinkologne-1
- Tinkatink
- Tinkatuff
- Tinkaton
I guess they just messed up the rate values for the newer Pokemon? And I imagine it doesn't affect anything in-game, anyway...

Sir if you don't have fun or don't think will have fun with the new pokemon games, I recommend you to not buy them. That's it.
That really doesn't argue what I said. In Sword and Shield I could slap the battle ready symbol on something and for egg moves do the transfer thing and it was fine. I never said about not having fun in SV which has nothing to do with it.

Pokemon and inner consistency is a lost battle. And "no those are extinct variants" is crap, specially for stuff like Ursaluna or Wyrdeer.

To say nothing of the travesty those regional Sneasel and Qwilfish were, or how we didn't really need a third Basculin.

At least we seem to be now back on track with regular evolutions. Galar also had that crap of regional variant-only evolutions.
"Surely they don't make the new evolutions into soft regional evolutions again"

[gen 10 does that]

"ah well never the less"

A pastebin of all of Scarlet's Dex entries

Nothing found with regards to Violet however
Huh all the Violet paradoxes come from different paranomal magazines

I wonder if the dex gimmick here is in Scarlet its like
Scarlet Paradoxes: line up with the expedition journal
Violet Paradoxes: mysteriously line up with some paranormal magazine

but in Violet
Scarlet Paradoxes: line up with a different kind of magazine
Violet Paradoxes: line up with the expedition journal

Ugh, I'm trying to parse the gender ratios and I'm not understanding how genderless works for Tandemaus/Maushold. They have a "rate" value, for some reason...?
Could it be that each individual mouse has a gender, and that's the rate for a kid's gender? Maybe that's how it decides what form it evolves into?

I saw someone mention that headlong rush has the "punch" tag, if the punching glove item is just a held version of iron fist then you can get a 20% boost on a ground type close combat. Great Tusk doesn't seem to be able to make use of other punch moves, but both ursaluna and hariyama have a whole slew of them.

Hmm. I'm not sure.
For some reason, certain female-only Pokemon also have a rate - of 50%, for:
- Basculegion-1
- Oinkologne-1
- Tinkatink
- Tinkatuff
- Tinkaton
I guess they just messed up the rate values for the newer Pokemon? And I imagine it doesn't affect anything in-game, anyway...
From the way that it works in Essentials (though I recognize the main series can be different), for Pokemon with Meowstic-level sexual dimorphism, the species has a gender ratio, and then the gender determines what form it is. So all the forms have a gender ratio of 50% even if the individual form is 100% male/female.

Though that doesn't explain the Tinkatink line.

I can do dumps of:
- Height
- Weight
- Catch Rate
- Gender Ratio
- Base Friendship
- EV Yield
Which I probably will do soon. Did a lot of renaming in my personal data schema, and so I need to update my parsing script for the new names.
I'm actually interested in the height and weight categories, since I've heard that there is size variation in this game. I want to see if this is actually true, and how big or small 'mons can be per species.

I'm actually interested in the height and weight categories, since I've heard that there is size variation in this game. I want to see if this is actually true, and how big or small 'mons can be per species.
I believe the way variation works is that the number in the Pokedex is the species average, and then the RNG produces a number that multiplies by said value.

i love the flavor of all the future paradox mons being birthed from pulp sci-fi and conspiracy theories. gives them some personality that they were lacking imo.

absolutely brutal
Scarlet seemed to have generic "this comes from a book" entries for the past mons, and now the future ones are more interesting "this comes from a magazine where they talked about a Hydriegon that loved a robot".

I wonder if Violet has the opposite. The past mons have interesting dex entries and the future mons are just "this is from a conspiracy theory".

Scarlet seemed to have generic "this comes from a book" entries for the past mons, and now the future ones are more interesting "this comes from a magazine where they talked about a Hydriegon that loved a robot".

I wonder if Violet has the opposite. The past mons have interesting dex entries and the future mons are just "this is from a conspiracy theory".
I'm guessing yes, though the book in question is the Scarlet/Violet Book that Arven carries.

the website also has a little blurb that I presume also comes from the book (the screenshot above is a composite)

So basically the Scarlet entries just mention the Scarlet Book while a more "involved" entry is present in the Book itself. But since the Violet Book doesn't exist, those Violet Paradox Pokemon get more worldbuild-y flavorful entries.

Thus, it'd make sense for Violet to have a reverse situation. Violet paradoxes just go "found this in the exploration journal" while the Scarlet paradoxes reference something else (maybe more paranormal journals, maybe bunk prehistoric journals, whatever)

0963: Nacli: It was born in a layer of rock salt deep under the earth. This species was particularly treasured in the old days, as they would share precious salt.
baby
0964: Naclstack: This Pokémon dry cures its prey by spraying salt over them. The curing process steals away the water in the prey’s body.
evil and f*cked up teen welcome to my twisted mind
0965: Garganacl: Garganacl will rub its fingertips together and sprinkle injured Pokémon with salt. Even severe wounds will promptly heal afterward.
I'm a responsible adult now

If anyone here has been playing the game, have you encountered any Pokemon with a special tera type?
A Jigglypuff was shown with the Water tera type in a trailer, and in the personal table there's an unknown field that matches the Water type ID for Jiggylpuff.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Except the Hisui is Sinnoh, and none of them exist in the modern day.

BDSP even took this a step further and included a new book about Manaphy, and instead of Overquil, which is the Pokemon the book was referring to due to PLA, they called Overquil a "Big Qwillfish".

Besides, time travel and the multiverse are canon things in Pokemon, going back to Gen 2.
Dawg im pretty sure they aren't in any modern sinnoh games and overqwil wasn't mentioned by name because literally every single Sinnoh game came out before Legends so the Hisui mons didn't exist yet. Do I really have to explain that "the book says its a qwilfish with big spikes" isn't a retcon of overqwil but rather a "They didn't reveal overqwil yet so they very obviously can't talk about it"? This is literally like saying Lickilicky is extinct in Kanto because its not in RBY nor FRLG.

Not to mention Paras and Vulpix are in PLA but not DPP so even if you for some reason want to die on the hill that they don't exist in modern sinnoh despite there being no post-pla sinnoh games, they aren't necessarily extinct everywhere. Much like how Paras used to exist in sinnoh, doens't exist in modern sinnoh but exists in other regions, wyrdeer could have existed in sinnoh, not be in modern sinnoh but still be in modern games

I really don't get why ppl think the hisui mons are extinct or why they think SV should use some time travel explaination on why these species exist when there really isn't much suggesting they don't exist anymore

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If anyone here has been playing the game, have you encountered any Pokemon with a special tera type?
A Jigglypuff was shown with the Water tera type in a trailer, and in the personal table there's an unknown field that matches the Water type ID for Jiggylpuff.
Yes, there are some wild tera pokemon you can catch. Water Jigglypuff is one of them. I also caught a Flying Meowth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)