SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

It's a Spinosaurus with bits of Therizinosaurus mixed in. I don't know what everyone's complaining about, it's awesome.
The concept wasn't bad per se, but unless it was the current images bringing it down (like how the sprite negatively affects TheDuck^tm which actually looks kind of awesome in 3D), it looked too simple and lacked the same sense of boss the other 600s have - even Goodra sells itself being different from your contemporary pokes better - and could get used to maybe some more armoring or ridges that makes it look more boss

* Or that it just looked too much like a bigger duraludon with a Godzilla fin and without armor

This guy is literally "Dunsparce but bigger" and I love it.

You're free to disagree but the meme "same but more" sometimes just works, and this is one of these cases imo.

Though, I kinda also hope it ... doesn't suck. Serene grace is actually a very op ability after all, and dunsparce actually had the moveset to abuse it, just disastrously bad stats, so...
So do we have any pictures of bigger Dudunsparces?

This guy is literally "Dunsparce but bigger" and I love it.

You're free to disagree but the meme "same but more" sometimes just works, and this is one of these cases imo.

Though, I kinda also hope it ... doesn't suck. Serene grace is actually a very op ability after all, and dunsparce actually had the moveset to abuse it, just disastrously bad stats, so...
I won't say it's bad. But given stuff like Ursaluna, Farigiraf, Kingambit or Anihilape I feel a bit underwhelmed by Dudunsparce

I love the pseudo tbh. Combining the two most unique dinosaurs, the spinosaurus and therizinosaurus is a baller idea all around, and the execution is great, though I wish the claws were longer inherently.

And one thing no one has mentioned: its name. Baxcalibur. This tells me that the spinosaurus sail is more than just decoration, it can literally pull it out like a sword. Combining the sword in the stone with a spinosaurus sail is also unbelievably inspired.

I can’t see how this is the “worst designed pseudo” when Dragonite and Salamence are just a fairy dragon and smough respectively (these aren’t bad designs of course, just uninspired). It has a amazing concept, executed well.

Last edited:
Also Shin Godzilla? There's a Toho kaiju that Baxcalibur looks like and it's not Shin.
I still stand by my observation for that, well, the fin resembles that part of the axe was swung around by King Kong. (Obviously it originates from stegosaurus, but eh)

And well that the top fin doesn't go all the way from the top of its head to its back either. Shin was closer in that regard that the plates are located along it's back as separated plates (like this guy's potential axe weapon formed with its back plate).

I love the pseudo tbh. Combining the two most unique dinosaurs, the spinosaurus and therizinosaurus is a baller idea all around, and the execution is great, though I wish the claws were longer inherently.

And one thing no one has mentioned: its name. Baxcalibur. This tells me that the spinosaurus sail is more than just decoration, it can literally pull it out like a sword. Combining the sword in the stone with a spinosaurus sail is also unbelievably inspired.

I can’t see how this is the “worst designed pseudo” when Dragonite and Salamence are just fairy dragons and smough respectively (these aren’t bad designs of course, just uninspired). It has a amazing concept, executed well.
The idea is good but I cannot honestly claim the execution of the pseudo is amazing, if for the fact that it just doesn't look all that great from the front.

Yknow, friggin' Excalibur, why not give it some more armor and ridges that looks like they could take some beating, instead of very simple hexes like paddings while having complex spikes for its head. Why not give it something like a spiked handle for tail etc etc.

Last edited:

I can’t see how this is the “worst designed pseudo” when Dragonite and Salamence are just fairy dragons and smough respectively (these aren’t bad designs of course, just uninspired). It has a amazing concept, executed well.
i'm more interested in it's stat spread and movepool. most pseudos get a signature move and dragon dance, so i'm imagining it gets a better version of icicle crash, triple axel or icicle spear. also, pairing icicle spear/scale shot with that dice item sounds like not a bad combo.

Fun fact that I don't think has been mentioned. In Spanish Version, the town of the Ice leader is named Pueblo Hozkailu. Pueblo is town in Spanish, which it's obvious for most Spaniards. What it's not so obvious is that Hozkailu means Fridge in Basque. So, basically, there is a Fridge Town in Paldea ran by a guy with bisexual vibes who looks like a girl and has a a walking whale as the ace Mon. Certainly Basque Country has been well represented in this game, Gora Euskal Herria!

I'm curious how the stat boost from Protosynthesis works. Is it a visible boost like Intrepid Sword or an invisible one like Chlorophyll? This matters a lot with Mirror Herb and Unaware existing. And if it is a visible boost, it might be that Booster Powder is consumable rather than functioning essentially as a no-downsides choice item. Or maybe the boost is smaller than 50%?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)