SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I believe someone said it would prevent Regenerator. Not been tested yet or seen proof or how extensive it is like if the Pokemon gets its health back after some time.
Also made me realize DLC2 provides a bunch of new counterplay to Annihilape.
Psychic Noise cucks any attempt to heal back up while dealing super effective damage.
Stellar Type means any Pokemon can beat Annihilape’s Tera mind games (same with Kingambit).
Thunderclap is a special priority move, which forced Annihilape to use status moves (it is on one Pokemon but is coming off a 137 SpA and is really bulky too).
Pecharunt has a signature move that can badly poison Annihilape and has massive Def to shrug off unboosted Rage Fists.
Munkidor gets Psychic Noise which in addition to preventing it from healing it has a 30% chance to badly Poison it (which it can’t cure because Rest won’t work)
Hatterene similarly gets Psychic Noise while being immune to Taunt and if Annihilape tries to Tera Dark Hatterene can use Fairy move next turn and Rage Fist won’t be boosted too.
Gourging Fire can potentially burn Annihilape with its signature move.
Alluring Voice is a Fairy move that deals Double Damage if Annihilape uses Bulk Up.
Really seems like they wanted to screw Annihilape in DLC2.
I hate annihilape but I admit you got a point.
However, it is too soon to be sure about this. We don't know if these new strategies will be enough used or not.
If these strategies are used, it will be possible to talk about a potential annihilape retest in the ou metagame discussion post dlc2.

Btw anyone know what the deal is with Psychic Noise and Tachyon Cutter?
Specifically how they work against Poison Heal and Regenerator? Hatterene is either going to ruin Gliscor’s day or Gliscor’s entire life.
and Tachyon Cutter, is it like Dragon Darts in Doubles were it hits both targets?
Tachyon Cutter is single target, the description would be different if it were like Pult

I hate annihilape but I admit you got a point.
However, it is too soon to be sure about this. We don't know if these new strategies will be enough used or not.
If these strategies are used, it will be possible to talk about a potential annihilape retest in the ou metagame discussion post dlc2.
I’m thinking, what is Psychic Noise is too good as well? Like preventing all forms of healing for 2 turns while using a decently strong attack is really powerful. That’s something we’d have to consider too with Annihilape. Stellar type and Psychic Noise being the better strategies, while Thunderclap and Alluring Voice are just a cherry on top and nothing major.

Tera Blast on Stellar might actually have a very particular use. Forget about Serperior, this is not viable. I don't know yet what kind of AoA mon would run Stellar in the first place, but if your enemy goes Tera to resist whatever you were about to throw at them, you can just go Stellar and smack them the next turn and their defensive Tera becomes useless for pretty much the rest of the game. Stellar might not the most exciting offensive choice, but it definitely gives you a big advantage if they go for a defensive Tera because you still get some advantage out of it and they don't.

Stellar type hat and Tera Blast (also Topsy-turvy strat real).
Glad to confirm that this doesn’t bypass Contrary. Maybe it’s not that broken to pair it with Contrary if its going to only raise 1 stage for both offenses.
Kind of makes non-Contrary use of Stellar Tera Blast kind of sucky. No defensive benefits, your stats are lowered, you may lose STAB on Tera Blast after first use, and you also need to use Tera/Tera Blast for it.

Tera Blast on Stellar might actually have a very particular use. Forget about Serperior, this is not viable. I don't know yet what kind of AoA mon would run Stellar in the first place, but if your enemy goes Tera to resist whatever you were about to throw at them, you can just go Stellar and smack them the next turn and their defensive Tera becomes useless for pretty much the rest of the game. Stellar might not the most exciting offensive choice, but it definitely gives you a big advantage if they go for a defensive Tera because you still get some advantage out of it and they don't.
There are some usecases like countering Volcarona, Annihilape, Espathra, and Roaring Moon when their Terastallize defensively. Kind of funny how Stellar was fear mongered beforehand and yet it’s counterplay to defensive Tera.
Unfortunately Stellar has major drawbacks as a Tera type like limited use and different requirements. Stellar Tera Blast of course needing to use Tera Blast and it lowering your stats too.
We’ll have to see.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
ou mod and council member here to ask the gamer nerds some questions

1: does the spatk/atk drop only apply when stellar tera blast hits super effectively? or does it just always lower your offenses?
2: does the effect of the stellar type stack with your stabs? if it doesn't, do you retain your stab on repeated use of it when tera'd?
3: how often does fickle beam's effect activate?

thanks for ur work and sorry if any of these have been answered already.

I generated a list of movepool additions from base sv. It's base because the npm version of showdown was last updated before dlc1, which also means that anything added in dlc1 isn't going to be included in this list. (Also deoxys is listed three times due to a separate bug on my end)

edit: uploaded a version that didn't skip every other pokemon lol

edit2: It also doesn't specify what moves were lost, blame my natdex bias if you want.

Last edited:
Is this real:
-Flip turn Latios?
-Pain Split Rotom and Keldeo?
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...4c0de9420030421aa8d8b64fc5dbca22/personal.txt

I generated a list of movepool differences from base sv. It's base because the npm version of showdown was last updated before dlc1, which also means that anything added in dlc1 isn't going to be included in this list. (Also deoxys is listed three times due to a separate bug on my end)

edit: uploaded a version that didn't skip every other pokemon lol
According to this list, Moltres gets scorching sands:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...4c0de9420030421aa8d8b64fc5dbca22/personal.txt

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
ou mod and council member here to ask the gamer nerds some questions

1: does the spatk/atk drop only apply when stellar tera blast hits super effectively? or does it just always lower your offenses?
2: does the effect of the stellar type stack with your stabs? if it doesn't, do you retain your stab on repeated use of it when tera'd?
3: how often does fickle beam's effect activate?

thanks for ur work and sorry if any of these have been answered already.
You're probably better off asking this in the Mechanics thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3709545/page-41#post-9892431

Any further deep mechanics questions should be pushed there.

I've gone through and modded this thread as best I can (there was 28 pages in 7-8 hours you heathens).

Please do not post one liners and actually add stuff of some substance - I've deleted a lot of one word/one liner posts.

I know everyone is very excited but please chill a little bit.

In the theory, Terapagos grants people's wishes and supposedly the paradox Pokemon were all created by Terapagos using its wish granting powers when other characters thought of them.
It's a really dumb convoluted theory that only adds plotholes for a game meant for children. It got popular because a Poketuber made a video on it as a quick cash grab without asking why the Prof of the game wouldn't somehow know their time machine was an imagination machine. Because it's somehow easier to explain that than Sandy shocks having screws in its face in a game series where animals/monsters have manmade parts they evolved into having.
Not to mention ignoring how advertisements, merch, external media, and the game itself says its time travel. And no, the DLC1 ads said "Folktales claim Ogerpon is evil" which isn't a lie as ingame folktales do say Ogerpon is evil.
It's a lot less dumb and convoluted than:

1) Every future Pokémon inexplicably being robots, soft-killing the friendship theme of the series when all the pets of the future are just machines

2) Magneton, a man-made Pokémon, having a random ancestral Pokémon that looks just like it

3) The Legendary Beasts that Ho-Oh created/resurrected just being weaker versions of Pokémon from longer ago, meaning they were either the original Pokémon who died in the tower and Ho-Oh is actually weaker than assumed, or it intentionally made discount versions of older Pokémon for no reason

4) [Most Important One, imo] The Paradox Pokémon from the opposing game are mentioned to be shown in a magazine, implying they are not unknown and likely not canonical to that version of the game. It's really messy to say that these Pokémon exist in the past, but only for this game, and this Pokémon exists in the future, but only for this game.

The theory that they are simply created from scratch solves most of the lore questions their existence creates, as I see it. It's not like the existence of the Paradox Pokémon don't open a bunch of plot holes and lore questions, so even if it's not the case, it wasn't dumb to assume there was a neater alternative answer that some people expected to be the case.

Mons that get Triple Axel: :Meowscarada:
What the heck, Triple Axel Meowsca is overkill. This was already hard to check with banded protean thunder punch for Corv, Low kick for Gambit, U-turn for Rilla.
Does this thing even have switch ins anymore? Dnite, Zapdos and Amoongus were it's common answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)