Scicario Team!

Well, this is my first RMT, so I guess I'll see what happens.

At a glance:

In Depth Look:

@ Shuca Berry
Nature: Naive
EVs 4 HP / 252 Speed / 252 Special Attack
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
Analysis: Great lead for the most part, the only struggle he has is with a scarfed Smeargle, and can only set up against several ground leads such as Gliscor and Tyranitar. After he sets up and kills their lead or simply sets up, I usually switch and counter whatever they sent out. I save him later for fire threats against my Scizor or Lucario. I also use him to keep Vaporeon / Zapdos / Rotom-h from getting toxic. Occasionally, he'll get a scarf tricked onto him which I'll use to revenge kill.

@ life orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 176 HP / 100 Attack / 56 Speed / 176 Special Defense
Moveset:
Roost
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Swords Dance
Analysis:
This guy has saved me so many times. Gengar plagues my team quite well, until Scizor comes into play. I'll use Gengar to set this guy up, and sometimes he sweeps pretty easily. He tends to have problems with Blissey really, I seem to always have the paralyze side effect happen whenever I need it to not happen to survive or kill Blissey. I generally have to scout Blissey prior to even sending him or Lucario out just because of the occasional Blissey with flamethrower, and as long as Heatran is still alive at that point I can soak up the flamethrower damage simply. He tends to get brought down by a lot of threats fairly easily, Zapdos, Gliscor and Hippowdon come to mind, but definitely a strong contender on my team.

@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Defense /252 Speed
Moveset:
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Swords Dance
Crunch
Analysis:
What Lucario can do can be kind of scary. If I am able to eliminate all of his threats on the opponents team, he WILL sweep. The only problem is he has quite a few counters, and some teams are filled with them making him nearly useless. Choice scarfed Tyranitar is definitely a very strong counter to my Lucario. He can oneshot a LOT of threats with close combat, Breloom gets oneshot after stealth rock, I haven't tested before. If Blissey has toxic instead of thunder wave, he tends to make a perfect counter to Blissey. The main problem with him is how fragile he is. He has plenty of resistances, but his defense is so low that its almost as if he isn't steel.

@ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Defense / 68 Speed
Moveset:
Ice Beam
Surf
Protect
Wish
Analysis:
Vaporeon truly is a powerful wall. Ice Beam will OHKO Salamence and Dragonite, and vaporeon is able to survive a +1 Outrage from Salamence without Stealth rock damage. I usually use vaporeon as a way to heal up my team that is unable to heal, such as Rotom-h, Heatran, and Lucario. I also use vaporeon to wall all water threats because of water absorb, and the abundance of Swamperts makes it easy for Vaporeon to take them down. I also use Vaporeon to soak up earthquake damage when Rotom-h is dead or its from a Tyranitar, since Rotom-h will die the following turn due to crunch. The main problem with Vaporeon is that if it gets toxic, its nearly useless.

@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Defense / 88 Speed
Moveset:
Overheat
Will-o-wisp
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Analysis:
Rotom-h can be fairly fearsome for the fact of its typing. He can swap in on Zapdos (generally can't kill it, but can Will-o-wisp it and allow someone else to kill it) and can swap in on a LOT of threats to Lucario and Scizor. If Vaporeon is dead, I'll use Rotom-h to kill Swampert. Rotom-h basically kills everything that is metal, oneshotting most Metagrosses and oneshotting all Lucarios and Scizors. At the least, it 2hkoes a Metagross with overheat. Jirachi can be a real pain if Rotom-h is dead, especially a scarfed one. They generally will swap out to a threat that can take a Fire Blast from Heatran, which is why I like having Rotom-h to take care of Jirachi. If I know hes going to switch, I'll use a different move according to what team makeup they have. The main problem Rotom-h has is Gengar and Latias.

@Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Defense / 32 Speed
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Roost
Roar
Analysis:
Zapdos is for getting rid of anything that decides to spam Calm Mind or Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. As long as Zapdos swaps in on a Dragon Dance, he can either one shot them (Gyarados) or roar them away. Zapdos is generally pretty low on health at this point, so I'll either have to roost right away depending on what roar pulls out or swap to a different pokemon. If I can get Zapdos out without taking damage and keeping threats away, I can set up thunder wave on most of their pokemon, incredibly hindering them against my Scizor and Lucario. Tyranitar is a fairly huge counter to Zapdos, OHKOing it with Stone Edge. Not every Tyranitar carries that, but Tyranitars are still scary nonetheless.

Overall Analysis:

This is the second team I have made, my last team being incredibly awful apparently since I've gone up over 100 rating in a couple of days. Mind you, I've only been playing for a couple of weeks competitively. A huge threat for my team is Latias, considering a lot of my team is oneshot by Draco Meteor any of its other moves and theres no way for them to safely oneshot them (besides a +2 Crunch from Lucario). Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

SD scizor AND luke? SD scizor is outclassed by luke, IMO i'd run CB set, or just replace it
If you find a hole in this, give a reason to why running both is a bad idea, and name something that would be better and why it would be better. I've seen plenty successful teams that run both, personally. Feedback and suggestions is what make RMTs work, not menial thoughts like this.

SD Scizor and SD Lucario seem a bit redundant together, because they're both weak to Fire, which can give you a bit of trouble. You could probably benefit more from changing one of them to a Choice set. In this case, I would rather have Lucario with the Choice item over Scizor, because SD Scizor isn't as common anymore, so fewer teams suspect it. I'd give Lucario Choice Specs, because most of Scizor's and Lucario's counters are bulky ground/water/rotom with very high defense and hp, but relatively low special stats. This will allow Lucario to take out at least 1 of Scizor's counters, which could be gamebreaking, as few teams carry more than 1 or 2 counters to Scizor.

Lucario @ Choice Specs (Inner Focus)
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid/Modest Nature (+Spe/SpA, -Atk)
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuum Wave
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Rock/Hidden Power Ice

This thing tears holes in Salamence, Zapdos, Hippodon, and the like, provided you can predict well. STAB Aura Sphere leaves huge hole in anything that doesn't resist it, Vacuum Wave lets you safely revenge kill things like ScarfTran, Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball for ghosts, and your respective Hidden Power destroys those flying types like Gyarados who love to abuse Scizor.

Wow, cause this team isn't broken at all >_>.Anyway, I suggest you change Heatran's nature to Naive,as Timid lowers Explosion's power. Also,change the set on Scizor,as you already have a Swords Dancer in Lucario, I think you should go with the Choice Band set.

Oh nice, I didn't even realize that haha. Heatran has been changed, and I'm already changing the whole Scizor / Lucario situation. I'm going to do around 5 more games and make more of a decision on whether or not Choice Specs Lucario is what I need.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have to disagree with sandal, I think it would be better to keep swords dance lucario, but if choice specs is working keep it.

I think scizor would be better off as a Choice Band varient. The idea is to wear down lucario counters with scizor and sweep or vice versa right? Choice Band scizor accomplishes this task much better then the swords dance version, as many scizor and lucario counters are weak to SR (think gyarados and zapdos) and none of them can really take repeated punishment from scizors U-turn, whereas they can easily swap in on the swords dance version and recover.

Choice Band scizor will also help your team more against latias, as you can trap and kill it with pursuit. The extra damage will also help you pick off salamence (both DD versions and mixed version are a pain if you predict wrong) easier after SR and life orb recoil. You will also have an easier time against gengars.

Vaporeon has a 58.97% of being OHKOed by salamence without Stealth Rocks, and SR will likely be up anyhow, so I wouldn't be relying on vaporeon to take on salamence as it cannot switch into mixmence either without being 2hkoed. So, I suggest dropping ice beam for Toxic, which will help you moreso against latias and allow you to switch into other vaporeons with ease.You also do better against non-taunt gyarados in the event that rotom get's pursuited.

As for Zapdos, well it loses to both gyarados and salamence if they dragon dance on the switch, and will also not be able to OHKO lucario, so it actually beats zapdos (and if you roar you are already weak enough that you will likely not get a chance to recover). Thus, i suggest using heatwave over roar so you will beat lucario and OHKO scizor, as roar doesnt seem to help you too much as lucario can take latias and scizor/heatran for celebi if they try to calm mind up.

I would prefer to have minimal speed evs on rotom and add more into defence, as with the current EVs, lucario has a chance to OHKO it with a +2 Stone Edge after it has taken a measly 2% of damage (assuming stealth rocks is up). And if lucario gets up an SD say, vs a scizor pursuit, it can really cause damage to your team if it carries stone edge and lucario does not win the speed tie (though you can revenge with scizor eventually, but I would prefer to add more defence to rotom so you have more insurance against it).

Apart from that, I don't see too much wrong, so good luck with the team.

I made all the changes that you suggested, Panamaxis. So far, they are working fairly well and definitely winning me more matches than it had originally. Thanks all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)