Scooby DUU Where Are YUU? (Peaked#29)

Welcome to my first RMT! I'm sure nobody here is familiar with me being a fairly new player and all but let me quickly introduce myself! When is comes to competitive gaming I'm first and foremost a competitive SuperSmash player until a friend of mine showed me PO and from then on I have been hooked. Like all beginners I though this game would be a cakewalk but I was thrown for a loop early. Not being able to win off the bat alone was very frustrating but that didn't stop me from trying harder! Without going any further into my life story haha I would like to say I consider me and average player at the moment. I have my on and off days but im always trying to get better. I never thought I would ever make a RMT since I started playing pokemon but I became so fascinated by them as time went on. Reading RMT's and Warstoyr's are my thing to do when I get bored now!. So with no more delay here is my team!

AT A GLANCE

Team's Goal:
My team doesn't have a universal goal really (outside winning) the point of this team is to kill anything Stoutland can't ohko. Weither that be via hazards,stalling or offense this team can do it all!

SplitUpGang! (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Slack Off
- Curse

Of coarse you have to start off with Fre- I mean Hippowdon. This set was really made to combat the current metagame, I always lead with him to get the sand up unless I see a Mew or a Deo-D but I will get into that later. This set is complex and rather simple at the same time. It baits players into thinking i'm not that smart when I'm staying in on pokemon that would normally OHKO me but with Hippos massive bulk and I mean MASSIVE I come out on top more times than a normal Hippo would. The EV's are there are made to take special hits fire off powerful attacks. He becomes a nightmare for low special attacking pokemon. They come in expecting to just pick me off but now they have to deal with a raging Hippo. Curse is the selling point for this set, +1 on this him can be deadly. I should rename this guy to flygonkiller3000 because he sets up and kills them like it nothing. Everyone should experiment with Hippos move set he can do so much more then just SR/EQ. There is no doubt he is one of the strongest members of my team.

It'sATrap! (Ferroseed) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

My dear Ferroseed :]. When I was making this team I needed a 1.) Grass type [hmmm Roserade!]2.)Special wall[come on! Roserade would be perfect] 3.)Stealthrocker[Sorry Roserade :(] The only two pokemon that I know that fit third role is Ferroseed and Cradily. I tried Cradily and had decent sucess but man Ferroseed is a BAWS. My team lacked special defense and it patched that up so quick. He is like the batman of pokemon! Haha he pulls out his utility belt and solves everything! The EV's and standard I believe and the negative speed nature is for gyro ball (like I have to explain this) But as simple as Ferroseed look on paper he does have a learning curve IMO with out good predictions he becomes set-up bait FAST. He also walls certain pokes to hell and back, mainly the standard Registeel. IronBarbs are also a plus in clutch moments.

Let me @ em! (Qwilfish) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Spikes

I play my qwilfish aggressively! Just like a young Scrappy Doo should do. I stole the skeleton of this set from TheAcoustickind and added my little twist to it. His goal is simple come in on physical attackers and set up as many spikes as possible. If my opponent has no spinner quiwfish is always first to die. This team works very well with pressure but its not needed for winning. Taunt is for other qwilfish's and do not be set up on. Taunt over haze is always something I fight with but I still think taunt is better. An even bigger debate is toxic over toxic spikes. Now I don't know what player in there right mind would let me set up 3 LAYERS OF SPIKES AND 2 LAYERS OF TSPIKES without doing anything about it. If someone ever allowed me to do something like that my face would look something similar to this

Sure we would play the switching game but six switch in's with the same pokemon and you still don't do anything about it? If your that silly it's just time to pull out Stoutland.

MyGlasses! (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar
- Roost

The.Man.Of.The.Hour.........Glass..........es,(c wut i did thar) Ok let me stop, but I could write a ten page report on Zapdos. This guy can fit on any team really. His moves, his stats, his typing, his bulk....... oh god his bulk. He has so many roles on this team it's not even funny. Let me just address his moves so I don't go on forever. Thunderbolt is simply STAB but powerful STAB people forget he has base 125 SA so without any special attack investment he hits pretty hard. Hiddenpower Ice is for that classic bolt beam coverage it truly is amazing and this set counters Flygon pretty hard which is a bonus considering almost all teams have one nowadays. Roar is a godsend, Zapdos has so much bulk he can come in on the swords dance take the hit like a monster then roar it away like is was nothing. I'm sure I don't have to explain the benefit of have roar with hazards as well. Roost is one of those thing that break a set and makes a set. You lose the flying typing to recover damage but makes you weak to more attacks. Pressure+Roost nom nom noms those stone edges among other attacks. Zapdos is truly underrated I have no idea why he is UU.

Zoinks! (Chandelure) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

I love and hate this guy.When I first saw he was UU I had to try him but IMO he's not that game changing he does his job then dies but kinda leaves me dissatisfied.... If I had to give the weakest link medal it would have to be to this guy. But when I say he does he job he does HIS JOB. He clocks in EARLY and stays LATE. Chansey? thanks for +2 behind a sub bro. He also has really good synergy with ferroseed, I can switch in him on the predicted fire or fighting attack move and go from there. He also makes spin blocking fairly easy. Also without him I would get destroyed by saybely Deo-D and stall breaker Mew. I really don't have more to say here this is like the most standard chandy set out there. Like I said he does he job very well and then dies nothing more nothing less. Snorlax and P2 love to set up to +1000 on this guy it makes me sad. I would like to replace him but there is nothing really that fits all the roles I want in a poke other then him.

PuppyPower! (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Fire Fang
- Pursuit​

The end,early,mid,quarter game sweeper. The banded set Is my set of choice. I have 5-0ed teams with just Return in the sand with no hazard support. But with support he becomes almost unstoppable. I choose to give him some hp so he is able to live a couple hits to help my predictions. Max attack is there so my choice band gets the most use. Pursuit is a really great move on this guy, he has so much Alakazam blood on his teeth haha. Return is STAB and Fire Fang is for those pesky steel/bug types. Wild Charge is kinda filler but I'm not sure what to run in that slot, I have it their mainly for slowbro but sometimes return is better because he has Slackoff. Stoutland has become one of my favorite pokes simply by how powerful he is. I'm not sure how he fairs in OU but in UU he is a monster.

Threats: I suppose I can make a Threats list but that won't be for a while, no one pokemon give me big issues but if I make one mistake vs a stall or hail team its my butt. But i'm sure that applies to all teams.

Thats about it for my team, I hope you enjoyed and check out my madgood paint skills ;) Till next time.

Well this was a very entertaining and well made RMT with a pretty good team present, I must say. The only real issue I see is with Rhyperior. I'm not sure what he would do to Qwilfish and I'm too lazy to check, but outside of him he can really just set up and kill most of your team while walling Stoutland. I really think Roserade>Ferroseed, and you can just put Stealth Rock on Hippo.

Thank you for reading!, Rhyperior is a problem for my team, I use qwilfish to toxic him, otherwise I let hazards do there part. Also Hippo can set up on him with curse. Roserade IS better then ferroseed but on this team he would hold little weight. Maybe I can switch wild charge with a move that can hit rhyperior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)