Scorpions VS Dragons

Alright so this is my first Warstory. I've lurked around for a while and read quite a bit of Warstories. Seeing some really good ones (Thanks Vexatious and iFly/Corruptodile) I decided that I would give it a shot and try one of my own. So here it goes.

I'm a rather average player, and tend to use more unknown pokemons to try and make the best of them. This battle doesn't contain too much of my more gimmicky sets, though I do add my own flare to the Sets that I do use.

This battle happened while I was trying to increase my ranking, and the team I was using performed really well, peaking at 130 on Smogon Server.

Without further ado the Teams (Revealed before the battle):

Byrn Dragonstone's Team:

chrisrandom9's Team:

Notes: Leftover and Poison Heal will be shown the first time, then removed from the log. Also My Pokemon will be on the Right as his came out first in the battle, Hope it isn't too confusing.

Battle between Byrn Dragonstone and chrisrandom9 started!

Tier: Standard OU
Variation: +11, -20
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

chrisrandom9 sent out Gliscor!
Byrn Dragonstone sent out Latios!

100% V.S.
100%
So the battle starts off and instead of my usual lead of Erufuun I decide to lead with my Latios this battle. It packs Super Effective moves against all of his pokemon and I wanted to gain some momentum. He sends out a Gliscor, a pokemon that I don't like at all. Every time I face one it ends up annoying me to no end. But since my Latios packs Ice Beam I feel pretty confident starting this match. Also since I saw his team before hand I know that half of his team is weak to it and chances of me hitting something for good damage is 50/50. Ice beam away Latios.

Start of turn 1
The foe's Gliscor used Protect!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself!

Latios used Ice Beam!

The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was poisoned!

100% V.S.
100%
So this turn ends up doing 2 things. First is that it shows me that his Gliscor is a Stallish Poison Heal variant. The second is that it shows my SE attack to my opponent. Chances are that he is going to switch out to Vaporeon. But I don't want to overpredict this match, and Since I haven't shown my item I can bluff a Specs or Scarf to help later in the match, so Ice Beam away Latios.

Start of turn 2
chrisrandom9 called Gliscor back!
chrisrandom9 sent out Vaporeon!

Latios used Ice Beam!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Vaporeon lost 10% of its health!

The foe's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
96% V.S.
100%
So he sends out Vaporeon like I thought, and it takes minimal damage from my Ice Beam. Not wanting to risk a super effective Ice Beam I'm going to switch to my wall and Entry Hazard setter, Nattorie.

Start of turn 3
Byrn Dragonstone called Latios back!
Byrn Dragonstone sent out Nattorei!

The foe's Vaporeon used Wish!
100% V.S.
100%
My wall gets in for free and he reveals that his Vaporeon is a Wish variant. Probably Wish/Protect/Boiling Water/Ice Beam. Feeling comfortable that I can take anything it throws at me I decide to set up with curse. This will two things for me: 1)It will increase my tanking capabilities if he goes to his gliscor, allowing me to set up hazards and 2) It will allow me to hit harder if Vaporeon decides to stay in.

Start of turn 4
chrisrandom9 called Vaporeon back!
chrisrandom9 sent out Forretress!

Nattorei used Curse!
Nattorei's Attack rose!
Nattorei's Defense rose!
Nattorei's Speed fell!

Vaporeon's wish came true!

100% V.S.
100% +1/+1/-1
Instead of going to Gliscor or staying in though he sends out his Forretress. I can't really do anything to this guy, and setting up hazards would be pointless as he can just spin them away after setting up his own. Not wanting to risk him setting up too much I decide to go to a pokemon that makes Forretress roll for the hills.

Start of turn 5
Byrn Dragonstone called Nattorei back!
Byrn Dragonstone sent out Heatran!

Heatran is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Forretress used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Byrn Dragonstone's team!

100% V.S.
100%
He sets up Stealth Rock on the switch like I knew he would. The good thing is that he can't set up anymore or he risks becoming a fried Bagworm. I run a set-up Heatran with Earth Power/Fire Blast/Dragon Pulse/Nitro Charge. Knowing that he is going to switch I fire off a Nitro Charge to scout his switch and gain a speed boost in the process.

Start of turn 6
chrisrandom9 called Forretress back!

Heatran used Nitro Charge!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 5% of its health!
Heatran's Speed rose!

100% V.S.
100% +1
And he sends out Vaporeon which completely walls my Heatran. I can't risk losing Heatran this early in the Match so I have to switch. I have 3 choices for a switch, Erufuun, Nattorie, or Latios. Latios can come in on a surf and not really do much, so he is out of the equation. Nattorie did literally nothing last time it cam out, being walled by Forretress and since his Forretress is still around trying to get hazards up would be useless. So Erufuun it is.

Start of turn 7
Byrn Dragonstone called Heatran back!
Byrn Dragonstone sent out Erufuun!
Pointed stones dug into Erufuun!

The foe's Vaporeon used Surf!
Erufuun lost 71 HP! (21% of its health)

Erufuun restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
100% V.S.
73%
So he goes the safe way and chooses surf. Or he doesn't carry Ice Beam? Either Way Erufuun is in with little wear and is ready to annoy the enemy to no end. I Sub up to see if it will try and Ice Beam me, or if it carries Toxic instead. I could have Leech Seeded to try and gain more health but I didn't want to risk the Ice beam. So Sub up Eru.

Start of turn 8

Erufuun used Substitute!
Erufuun made a substitute!
100% V.S.
54%+ Sub
And he sends out his Gliscor. This makes me wonder whether his Vaporeon carries Ice Beam, or if he actually feared a Grass move form me. Either way one of the most annoying pokemon is against me, and I have my own annoying pokemon out. Gliscor generally carry U-Turn, so I don't want to leech Seed him quite yet. It is immune to Paralysis, and I don't want to waste Substitutes PP. So I decide to taunt it. Alright Erufuun, do your thing, call it mean names or something.

Start of turn 9
Erufuun used Taunt!
The foe's Gliscor fell for the taunt!

The foe's Gliscor used U-turn!
It's super effective!
Erufuun's substitute took the damage!
100% V.S
60% +Sub
So he ends up U-Turning away and out comes Vaporeon again. I am behind a Sub now though, and Vaporeon has a large HP stat so Leech seed will really help my health, and allow me to stall it out via SubSeed.

Start of turn 10
Erufuun used Leech Seed!
The attack of Erufuun missed!

The foe's Vaporeon used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Erufuun's substitute faded!
100% V.S.
66%
And Hax rears its ugly head. Leech Seed misses and Erufuun is left without a Sub. Also Vaporeon shows that it does carry Ice beam. My Erufuun is very fragile on the Special Side so I know that I can't survive another Ice Beam and try and seed it. Subbing up would only prolong the end, and Paralyzing it and hoping for Hax would be stupid. So I have to switch. Latios is out of the question with it carrying Ice Beam, and my other Pokes besides Nattorie are weak or Neutral to Surf. So Nattorie it is.

Start of turn 11
Byrn Dragonstone called Erufuun back!
Byrn Dragonstone sent out Nattorei!
Pointed stones dug into Nattorei!

Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
100% V.S.
100%
Ah crap, a double switch. Looks like he out predicted me here. Nattorie is completely and utterly walled by Forretress, so I have to switch. which will allow him time to set up more hazards. Last time I went to Heatran, which only allowed Vaporeon to come out. So I choose to go to my own metal bug, which can OHKO and put pressure on my opponent, hopefully giving me momentum.

Start of turn 12
Byrn Dragonstone called Nattorei back!
Byrn Dragonstone sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!

The foe's Forretress used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Byrn Dragonstone's team!

100% V.S.
88%
So the second Hazard it carries is Toxic Spikes. That makes this a bit better, as 4/6 of my pokes are immune to them. Since Forretress can't hurt Scizor, and letting him set up the second layer of Toxic Spikes won't hurt me too much. If he switches he will have to deal with a +2 Scizor, so I decide to set up with Swords Dance. Scizor, do the Disco.

Start of turn 13
Scizor used Swords Dance!
Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

The foe's Forretress used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Byrn Dragonstone's team!
100% V.S.
88% +2
And Scizor dances into the night. Now I can lay waste around me with a +2 Scizor. This Forretress has been around too long, Scizor use your Superpowers and get rid of him.

Start of turn 14
Scizor used Superpower!
A critical hit!
The foe's Forretress lost 99% of its health!
The foe's Forretress held on thanks to Sturdy!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!

The foe's Forretress used Rapid Spin!
Scizor lost 11 HP! (3% of its health)
1% V.S.
85%
And I end up getting what is perhaps the most useless crit I have ever gotten. The Forretress survives with barely enough strength to do anything. In retaliation Forretress spins, though I wasn't quite sure why it did that. Not wanting to risk a Custap explosion because even with the nerf it would hurt, so I use Bullet Punch.

Start of turn 15
chrisrandom9 called Forretress back!
chrisrandom9 sent out Honchkrow!

Scizor used Bullet Punch!
The foe's Honchkrow lost 93% of its health!
7% V.S.
85%
And for some reason he decides to switch and brings out Honchkrow. This was a mis-play on his part, though it does explain the rapid spin from the turn before, as he must of thought I got Stealth Rock up somewhere. I am now faced with a decision. I know that Honchkrows run Sucker Punch. That would give me a free turn to get another swords dance in and then wreck his team some more. On the other hand Honchkrows also have heatwave, which will OHKO my Scizor without a doubt. Not wanting to overpredict and risk losing Scizor I Bullet Punch.

Start of turn 16
The foe's Honchkrow used Sucker Punch!
Scizor lost 156 HP! (55% of its health)
The foe's Honchkrow is hurt by its Life Orb!
The foe's Honchkrow fainted!

But there was no target...

1% V.S.
30%
6-5

And Honchkrow is KO'd by Life Orb recoil. Not till after taking a larger chunk then I would have like out of my Scizor. In comes Forretress as Death fodder. Again I don't want to risk a Custap Explosion, so Punch away Scizor.

Start of turn 17
The foe's Forretress lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Forretress fainted!

100% V.S.
30%
6-4

I KO the bagworm, and in its place a scorpion appears. Gliscor is the ultimate Scizor wall, taking practically nothing from anything Scizor can run and threatening with a STAB earthquake. From previous experience my Scizor will outspeed and can U-Turn back to Latios who takes nothing from Earthquake and can threaten to OHKO with Ice Beam. U-turn away Scizor.

Start of turn 18
The foe's Gliscor used Earthquake!
Scizor lost 80 HP! (28% of its health)
Scizor fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Latios!

100% V.S.
88%
5-4
And off course this is a fast Gliscor. It outsped and KO'd Scizor. Latios Comes in to threaten with Ice Beam and either KO or scare Gliscor away. I Ice Beam to scout what it does.

Start of turn 19

Latios used Ice Beam!

100% V.S.
88%
He protects to scout my move, probably thinking I am choiced. If he plays like he has been he will now switch to Vaporeon to take the Ice beam and threaten me out. Like I said ealier my Latios is not a choice variant, instead it is a set up attacking variant, running Draco Meteor/Ice Beam/Charge Beam/Hidden Power Fighting. So if he plays like he did last time then I will be safe in using Charge Beam, causing damage and hopefully gaining an attack boost in the process. Alright crossing my fingers hoping I outpredict him this time. Charge Beam Latios.

Start of turn 20

Latios used Charge Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 28% of its health!
Latios's Sp. Att. rose!

The foe's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
78% V.S.
88%
And I predicted right. Great! Now to kill the annoying Vaporeon that has been plaguing my team. Not bothering to run any calculations I figure a +1 Draco Meteor will be a KO, so I fire away.

Start of turn 21
Latios used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 73% of its health!
Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The foe's Vaporeon used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into Nattorei!
Nattorei was dragged out!
11% V.S.
100%
...And it survives. Not that that really matters, as it is at critical health and will die from my next attack. The good side of this situation is that I no longer have a -1 Latios in. Alright time to kill me some Vaporeon.

Start of turn 22
chrisrandom9 sent out Magneton!

Nattorei used Gyro Ball!
The foe's Magneton lost 5% of its health!
95% V.S.
100%
Or he could pull Vaporeon back and send in his steel Killer. This isn't good for me as I can't do anything to it and it can setup whatever it want on me. Judgin by the fact that he is using Magneton instead of Mangnezone suggests that he is probably running an Evolution Stone. So as of right now I can either 1)Set-up some Hazards to hurt anything else that comes in and weaken the rest of his team, or 2)Start using Curse till I can Damage him. Curse is out of the question right now as he can 2HKO me with HP Fire. So I start setting up hazards.

Start of turn 23
The foe's Magneton used Substitute!
The foe's Magneton made a substitute!

Nattorei used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around chrisrandom9's team!

70% +Sub V.S.
100%
He Subs up, not that it makes much difference as I couldn't hurt him either way. More Hazards!

Start of turn 24
The foe's Magneton used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Nattorei lost 192 HP! (54% of its health)

Nattorei used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of chrisrandom9's team!
70% +Sub V.S.
51%
And now he begins his attack, getting a easy 2HKO. Next move I make won't make much difference as he is faster and KO's me. But I go for more Spikes in the off chance that he misclicks or something.

Start of turn 25
The foe's Magneton used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Nattorei lost 182 HP! (51% of its health)
Nattorei fainted!

Byrn Dragonstone sent out Terakion!
Pointed stones dug into Terakion!
Terakion was poisoned!
70% +Sub V.S.
94%
4-4
He evens up the Score and I send out Terakion to kill his Magnets. This guy was new to the team at the time, and had actually been added to deal with Tyranitars. I run a basic Rock Polish Set of Rock Polish/Earthquake/Close Combat/Stone Edge. Knowing that I can OHKO him after the Sub is gone I decide to set up and prepare for a sweep later, before I break the sub.

Start of turn 26
Terakion used Rock Polish!
Terakion's Speed sharply rose!

The foe's Magneton used Thunderbolt!
Terakion lost 138 HP! (42% of its health)

Terakion restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Terakion is hurt by poison!
70% +Sub V.S.
52% +2 speed
And that marked a big misplay on my part. I didn't quite realize how much Thunderbolt would do, and I pay for it. My turn of set up is wasted. Well can't change the past, so time to break the sub and clear the path for either Heatran or Latios to revenge kill.

Start of turn 27
Terakion used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Magneton's substitute faded!

The foe's Magneton used Thunderbolt!
Terakion lost 147 HP! (45% of its health)

Terakion is hurt by poison!
Terakion fainted!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

70% V.S.
88% +Balloon
3-4
Terakion takes out the Sub but dies in the process. In comes my Heatran for the Revenge kill. At this point in time I am down, but not by much. I have a Heatran with an intact balloon, Eruufun, and a Latios.
He has a Vaporeon that is death fodder, Magneton, Gliscor, and a Sazandora in the wings.

So I have a couple of options. I can Fire Blast, killing Magneton. I would then be revenged by Sazandora which generally carry Surf, or his Gliscor. That would put me at a severe disadvantage, as Latios would be the only one that could take those on. If his Sazandora carries Scarf (Which is the variant I run into most)it would be all over cause he would outspeed Latios and KO with a powerful Draco Meteor.

Option 2 is to use Nitro Charge to gain a speed boost or 2 and see if I can outspeed Sazandora (Unlikely with only 1) and maybe KO with Dragon Pulse. It would allow my balloon to pop though, making me easy prey for his Gliscor. But I would outspeed and might snatch a KO with Fire Blast against it.

I decide to go with Nitro Charge as it allows me the best chance at winning. If worst came to worst I still have my Erufuun who could come in and paralyze Sazandora later. So Nitro Charge it is.

Start of turn 28
chrisrandom9 called Magneton back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Vaporeon!
The foe's Vaporeon fainted!

Heatran used Nitro Charge!
But there was no target...

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!
94% V.S.
88% +Balloon
3-3
But instead of staying in he sends out his death fodder and brings in Gliscor for Free. My Balloon is still intact so he can only hit me with U-Turn. Not wanting my balloon popped just yet I switch out to Erufuun. Knowing that it wouldn't KO as it had even failed to break my substitute earlier.

Start of turn 29
Byrn Dragonstone called Heatran back!
Byrn Dragonstone sent out Erufuun!
Pointed stones dug into Erufuun!
Erufuun was poisoned!

The foe's Gliscor used U-turn!
It's super effective!
Erufuun lost 92 HP! (28% of its health)
chrisrandom9 sent out Sazandora!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Sazandora!

Erufuun restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Erufuun is hurt by poison!
88% V.S
24%
And out comes his Sazandora. Now most of these that I have faced have been either Scarfed, or Specs. Either way I need to Paralyze it to increase my chances of winning phenomenally. Erufuun use Stun Spore, and pray for it to not miss.

Start of turn 30
Erufuun used Stun Spore!
The foe's Sazandora is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Sazandora is paralyzed! It can't move!

Erufuun is hurt by poison!
88% V.S.
18%
Parahax strikes, but it doesn't really do anything other then let Erufuun live 1 extra turn. The biggest thing that happened here was that I was able to Paralyze Sazandora, which will basically guarantee me the win. He still has three of his pokemon left though so I still need to play safe. Since I lived that turn I'll use it to seed Sazandora and perhaps allow one of my final Pokemon to heal a bit

Start of turn 31
Erufuun used Leech Seed!
The foe's Sazandora was seeded!

The foe's Sazandora used U-turn!
It's super effective!
Erufuun lost 60 HP! (18% of its health)
Erufuun fainted!
chrisrandom9 called Sazandora back!

Pointed stones dug into Latios!
94% V.S.
76%
2-3
Sazandora wants nothing to do with the Seeds though and runs for its life, killing my Erufuun in the process. Out comes Gliscor to scout my next moves with U-Turn and Protect. So I send out Latios to counter it with Ice Beam. The Leads face off again, Scorpion VS Dragon.

Start of turn 32

Latios used Ice Beam!

The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
100% V.S.
76%
He uses protect to stop my Ice Beam, which only prolongs his death. Now he has 3 choices, use protect and hope that it works again, switch out to Sazandora, or switch to Magneton. Sazandora would be murdered by Ice Beam, and Magneton will die to a HP fighting. I don't want to Overpredict though and have him use U-Turn to KO me so I settle on using Ice Beam. Freeze that Scorpion in its tracks Latios.
Start of turn 33
chrisrandom9 sent out Magneton!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Magneton!
The foe's Magneton is hurt by spikes!

Latios used Ice Beam!
The foe's Magneton lost 15% of its health!
35% V.S.
76%
Magneton comes in and takes the Ice Beam. It can't really do anything back to me and I outspeed it so I'm just going to fire off a HP fighting for the KO. If he switches to Sazandora it will be super effective and if he switches to Gliscor it hurts it a bit.

Start of turn 34
Latios used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Magneton lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Magneton fainted!

76% V.S.
76%
2-2
His Magnets fall and out comes his Hydra to battle my dragon. Now if I hadn't Paralyzed him earlier this would have been a very bad moment as he probably could have outsped and OHKO'd my Latios, leaving me with only Heatran against his 2 Pokemon. As it is though I outspeed and I feel comfortable enough to start throwing Draco Meteors around some more.
Start of turn 35
chrisrandom9 called Sazandora back!

Latios used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Gliscor lost 81% of its health!
Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
18% V.S.
76% -2 Sp.Atk
Crap, he predicted the Draco Meteor and used Gliscor to take it like a champ. Now Latios is at -2 and I don't know that he can KO Sazandora. Fortunately I have my Heatran in the wings to switch in and take a hit to let Latios come back at full power if need be. Ice Beam will take out Gliscor at its current health so Ice Beam away.

Start of turn 36
Latios used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

64% V.S.
76% -2 Sp.Atk
2-1

I am almost positive that I can't take out Sazandora with Draco Meteor, and his will be a OHKO against me. Playing it safe I go to my final Steel, Heatran to take it out.
Start of turn 37
Byrn Dragonstone called Latios back!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

The foe's Sazandora used Draco Meteor!
Heatran lost 172 HP! (53% of its health)
Heatran's Balloon popped!
The foe's Sazandora's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
64% -2 Sp.Atk V.S.
23%
Now Heatran can Dragon Pulse it to finish it off.
Start of turn 38
Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Sazandora lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Sazandora fainted!
0% V.S.
23%

Byrn Dragonstone won the battle!
Byrn Dragonstone: gg
chrisrandom9: gg
The Crit was unnecessary as though he might have killed Heatran, Latios could have revenged with Draco Meteor.

And there it is, my first Warstory. It has some hax, though most of it is meaningless, but I feel Hax is part of the game, and thus part of the Warstory.

Anyways Props and Slops -

Props-

• Gliscor - For generally walling my team and annoyingness.
  • Latios - For taking down his Gliscor, and helping me to secure the win
  • Erufuun - For getting the Paralysis that basically sealed the match for me.
  • Scizor - For taking out 2 of the bigger threats to my team.
  • Forretress - For laying all those entry hazards and general walling
  • My opponent - For the Awesome battle.
Slops-

• Terakion - for dieing without doing much
  • Honchkrow - For not doing anything much
  • Nattorie - For not doing anything before dieing
And the MVP of this Match was:

Latios was easily the star of this match getting KO's and keeping the pressure on Gliscor throughout the entire match.

Alright Rate away. Scores out of 10 would be appreciated.

it was a good warstory, good format, ok commentary and the battle was fine. there were some minor spelling errors but nothing too serious. 8/10

I actually really liked this. The battle had some misplays, but it wasn't NEARLY as bad as many of the recent warstory battles.

Your formatting was excellent. Easy to read and understand.

Your comments weren't the best, but they were sufficient and got the job done. PErhaps just expand them a little next time.

This was a very short rate, but I didn't have much to say. 7/10.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a suggestion but on terakion i find mystery sword and swords dance better, as although it has crap defensive typing it is relatively bulky and close combat would ruin this, and has base 108 speed. Also, mystery sword hits through defense boosts, but not that many people use defense boosts anyway.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
There were a few misplays here & there, but not as bad as most battles that are warstoried. The commentary was average, the battle was meh, & the formatting was good, & easy on the eyes. 6/10.

Good stuff. Thank you very much for reading the other warstories first and imitating the better ones. The only major misplays were the honchcrow switch-in, terakion rock polishing, and not predicting protect on gliscor (though that's pretty minor)

I would strongly consider thunderbolt over charge beam on Latios.

Anyway, enjoyable read, more warstories like this please!

Personally I think your MVP was Erufuun for paralyzing the Sazandora. That was really the peak of the match IMO and you had pretty much won at this point. 7/10

Just one thing that bugged me, Gliscor doesn't wall a +2 Scizor at all, so you could've seriously dented or killed it with a +2 lo bullet punch. :x

Other than that, a good read and wonderful, clean formatting. One of the better warstories I've read.

[Gliscor] is immune to Paralysis, and I don't want to waste Substitutes PP. So I decide to taunt it. Alright Erufuun, do your thing, call it mean names or something.
Only thing I want to point out is Gliscor is immune to Thunder Wave, not paralysis. Erufuun's Stun Spore, provided it hit, would have prevented Gliscor from outspeeding Scizor.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only thing I want to point out is Gliscor is immune to Thunder Wave, not paralysis. Erufuun's Stun Spore, provided it hit, would have prevented Gliscor from outspeeding Scizor.
correct me if i am wrong but Gliscor was poisoned (thanks to Toxic Orb) and would thus avoid Stun Spore?

Great format
Good battle
Over-average commentary
7.5/10

And the MVP of the match can be:
Scizor, for almost killing Forretres and killing Honchkrow. He made Latios' life more easy
Erufuun, for being annoying, for paralyzing the Sazandora.
Latios, for wrecking your opponents team

one of the best warstories of this generation to my opinion...the battle itself but also the commentary were above average...8/10

I KO the bagworm, and in its place a scorpion appears. Gliscor is the ultimate Scizor wall, taking practically nothing from anything Scizor can run and threatening with a STAB earthquake. From previous experience my Scizor will outspeed and can U-Turn back to Latios who takes nothing from Earthquake and can threaten to OHKO with Ice Beam. U-turn away Scizor.

I would REALLY like to know that previous experience was that. Scizor has 65 base speed, while Gliscor has 95.

Unless you're against a brave or any other -Spe Gliscor (in this scenario your opponent would be a retard) I can't understand from where this came.

The battle was pretty average, and the ending was kind of poor.

As other guy said, even so, it is better than other previous ones here.

The format was good.

I'd give you a 6.5/10

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The battle was average at best, a few rather glaring misplays though, and a couple of really odd sets (Ice Beam Latios, for example).

5 / 10, as the commentary was nice.

and a couple of really odd sets (Ice Beam Latios, for example).
I helps deal with Giscor (A huge pain to the rest of my team) and other ground Pokemon. I am even able to take out Landlos if the enemy doesn't run a +Speed Nature.

I would REALLY like to know that previous experience was that. Scizor has 65 base speed, while Gliscor has 95.

Unless you're against a brave or any other -Spe Gliscor (in this scenario your opponent would be a retard) I can't understand from where this came.
As bad as it sounds in most other battles that I have faced Gliscor I have outsped them. I really don't know why (I run a +speed Nature and full speed evs) but those experiences where what I was running on.

Just one thing that bugged me, Gliscor doesn't wall a +2 Scizor at all, so you could've seriously dented or killed it with a +2 lo bullet punch. :x
My scizor was only +1 at the time thanks to The Superpower against Forretress. That and the fact that I don't run Adamant means that Gliscor walls Scizor pretty hard.

Yeah, me Rock Polishing was rather stupid.

The battle was quite good, and so was the commentary, but the lay-out of the warstory was great. Misplays with Honchkrow were made up for by misplays with Terakion. 7.5/10

Good format, slightly above-average commentary and battle unfortunately riddled with misplays (using Rock Polish instead of Earthquake to break Magneton's sub) balanced my good moves (that's why I think your MVP is Erufuun, not Latios).
B-

Erufuun MVP? It didnt contribute anything but to take a few U-turns.
From the damage Sazandora did to Heatran it must be Specsed, therefore Latios outspeeds anyway, and the paralysis did nothing. Even if it were a unparalysed Scarf Sazandora, when it was up against Heatran and Latios, he would have lost anyway. You just have to switch to Heatran, either take the Surf and Revengekill with latios or take a scarfed Draco Meteor that is a 3-4hko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)