Scorpio's team

Hi, this is my first UU team. I made it specifically to counter all of the most used/best Pokemon in UU (according to the usage stats/Viability ranking thread). Also, it lets me use my personal playstyle of "Take damage and deal it in return"

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 16 Atk / 248 HP / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail
This is my counter to several top threats in UU, like Zapdos, Raikou, and Snorlax. It's usually my lead if I don't use Bronzong (below), due to Stealth Rock. I chose Rock Blast over Stone Edge due to better reliability and Sub-breaking.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake
This is my counter to stuff like Flygon and Crobat. It's also one of my two possible leads due to Stealth Rock (though it usually ends up being my lead more often due to it's resistances). Not much else to say about it.

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 120 SDef / 252 HP / 136 Def
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Rest
This guy is my stop to physical attackers, like Heracross, Darmanitan, and Meinshao (and also Kingdra). I find it's been a good stop to them, but it sotra fell flat on its face against Scrafty.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 HP / 176 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
As Cofagrigus is my stop to physical attackers, Snorlax is my stop to special attackers, namely stuff like Chandelure, Azelf, Roserade, and Shaymin (and Raikou if I find out the hard way that it carries HP Grass). I chose Return for more power, and Fire Punch since I felt hitting Steels was more important than OHKOing Mismagius.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
Hitmontop is my Rapid Spinner, since Stealth Rock, while none of my Pokemon are weak to it, is not exactly a welcome addition to my side of the field. It's also on the team to beat Scrafty, which the above Pokemon have trouble with. I run Foresight to spin in front of (and beat) Froslass, and Stone Edge to beat Flying-types.

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 Def / 248 HP / 12 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
This guy was literally my last pick for the team. I asked on PS! which Pokemon to put in my team after the other five, and they suggested Slowking. I find he actually meshes rather well with the team. I use the Mixed Wall set to take anything the rest can't handle.

Also, I know my team is on average super-slow, so I'm considering turning it into a TR team. Thoughts?

A Trick Room team would actually be good, Bronzong and Slowking are both good setters of TR. However, if you do make that switch I recommend putting Scarf Moxie Heracross over Hitmontop as your team really isn't weak to hazards, and all TR teams generally need something capable of sweeping outside of TR. I'd also recommend changing Dragon Tail on Rhyperior to Megahorn to hit Mew and Shaymin. If you do use TR on Slowking and Bronzong, get rid of Thunder Wave on Slowking and EQ on Bronzong.

Ok, if (or WHEN) I change this to a TR team, should I have Cofagrigus be a TR setter as well or is three setters overkill?

I don't see how Cofag is a Darm check when it gets 2HKO by him, can't OHKO back, can't burn, etc. I also don't like 2 pokes with SR, but that's your choice.

I would also switch your Snorlax for a Curse set to have a more reliable sweeper.
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Return / Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Crunch / Pursuit
- Curse

There's quite a lot of different EV spreads so use w/e you feel like.

Hi there,

This is a solid defensively minded team. While your defense is tough to break, it lacks significant offensive presence, and is therefore more susceptible to being overpowered before you can take control of the game. In addition bulky Grass-types such as Amoonguss and SubSeed Shaymin look really tough for your team to break. Luckily, these issues can be solved with just one moveslot change. Dropping Bronzong in favor of Spikes Roserade allows you to put more indirect pressure on your opponent, shortening battles and decreasing your opponent's chances to overload one of your walls (many teams try to overload on special attackers to break Snorlax). In addition, Roserade checks opposing Grass-types well courtesy of its strong Special Defense and typing. It also performs adequately against Sableye, who looks really annoying without it. Here is the set:

Roserade @ Leftovers
Calm / Natural Cure
252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
-Spikes
-Rest
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain / Toxic

While Toxic may seem like an odd choice on support Roserade, it helps with the main issue dropping Bronzong creates: CM Virizion. Toxicing it will prevent it from sweeping you. The physical threats Bronzong checked should be able to be stopped through Hitmontop (Intimidate helps a ton here), Cofagrigus, and Rhyperior. Bronzong is the Pokemon to replace because your other Stealth Rocker (Rhyperior) is too important as a back up against Electric-types as well as physical Fire-types.

Finally, and I rarely make this suggestion, but you should consider at least testing Umbreon over Snorlax. While it opens up some weaknesses a bit more (like Specs Chandelure), its access to Wish and Heal Bell really aid your team's survivability. Foul Play still hits hard enough to check stuff like Raikou, and mauls most physical threats switching in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)