Scrafty and friends (UU team)

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Scrafty and friends

Introduction:
Greetings smogonites this is J.P bringing you my second RMT this time on the UU tier, so this team is one of the best UU teams I had made so far and I, although not perfect, it is worthy to try and will bring you lots of fun. So for this team I decided to use one of my favorite pokes of the 5th gen: Scrafty. Look at him, the guy is stylish and just looks like a badass. So without further ado lets jump into the team!!!

Puff (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge Role: Spiker
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- Haze​

ON RU!!! I can’t get why people don’t use this treasure. This guy has great typing, awesome ability and his most important asset toxic spikes. They are not difficult to set them up with physical attackers like darmaitan and mienshao spamming their flare blitz and hi jump miss respectively. With both layers of t-spikes this team will have an easier time dealing with threats like raikou or shaymin. Waterfall is my STAB move that prevents qwilfish for being fucked vs sub users. Haze is my little surprise against bulky sweepers like snorlax and bulk up lead ninjask. Overall this is a very important member to the team and should be preserved until he has set up at least 1 layer of t-spikes.

20 fingers (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers Role: Mixed wall
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Haze

You are probably thinking J.P why 2 hazers? The reason is simple: Qwilfish is usually the first poke to die on my team; this means that after qwilfish is death there is NOTHING on my team that can wall curselax or other bulky set-up sweepers. My other moves are pretty standard so I shouldn’t be taking your time by explaining them. After all this is a pretty solid mixed wall capable of walling physical threats and some special ones.

Evil cat (Umbreon) @ Leftovers Role: Special wall
Trait: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell​

This time you are probably thinking: J.P why not snorlax? The answer is simple: 1) cause heal bell, 2) Wish passing and 3) Foul play. I need heal bell for my cofrag and qwilfish, wish for every poke on my team that needs it and foul play its my secret weapon. Oh God should bless BW2 for foul play as a tutor move, now umbreon can hit those physical threats trying to set up on this poor kitty. It also deals solid damage to some special threats as mixed kindra, raikou, etc. Overall this is a pretty important member to my team and FUCK SNORLAX!!!.

Mystery (Kingdra) (M) @ Chesto Berry Role: Fast physical sweeper
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest​

This is my plan “B” when scrafty falls or it looks like he is not going to sweep, this is my alternate version that can punch important holes in the opponent’s team. Backed by STAB, Waterfall and Outrage accumulate a lot of power after two or even more Dragon Dance boosts after this he can OHKO or 2HKO nearly the entire tier. Rest recovers HP and eliminates any paralysis or nasty burn that would otherwise end this hippocampus sweep. As an added bonus he can even take fire type hits with ease, giving a free switch and a possible sweep.

Who are you? (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf Role: Depends on what i copy (Usually sweeper)
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 3 Spd
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform​

Good old ditto, saving my ass from those set up sweepers that think they can sweep with a couple of swords dances or dragon dances. Well, not with these guy, choice scarf nothing to say only that you should be careful because you could be swept with your own set if you get to greedy.

Fancy Pants (Scrafty) @ Leftovers Role: Bulky physical sweeper
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

My MVP can’t be walled nor can be poisoned, taunt it and you will take a crunch to da face. After 2 bulk ups scarf hera can’t even take him with a Close combat, with +3 he fails the 2 OHKO so ¿are you Sure you want to let your gligar stay and try to e-que this guy? Lets see.

Threats:
Red indicates Big threat, orange medium and black that it is not a threat.
Ambipom: BIG threat because it makes me laugh until i loose of inactivity. Outside of jokes this poke is walled by Qwilfish and Cofagrigus.

Arcanine: Qwilfish walls even when it carries wild charge, Kingdra can come in a fire type move and proceed to set up.

Azelf: The support and special sets lacking u-turn are walled by Umbreon. Nasty Plotters need to kill somebody and ditto will come to sweep using azelf's boosts. CB is walled by Qwilfish and even if it tricks then he would be crippled with a black sludge, making my cofrag walled it everyday.

Azumarill: Cofrag deactivates pure power and burns him, Qwilfish intimidates it and sets up some hazards.

Bisharp: Qwilfish can wall him to a certain point, then ditto can come to revenge kill. Could be a problem if he sets up a sub in the turn when i die.

Blastoise: Annoying as hell i can set up with Scrafty but if he has roar i will need to stall it with cofag.

Bronzong: Scrafty can set up on his face. Qwilfish can set up but most be careful for a special set carrying psychic. Kingdra can also set up but most be careful of a gyro ball, don't get greedy!!!

Chandelure: Kingdra can take those fire type moves, and Umbreon those ghost type moves. Even if he kills something i can go into ditto and revenge kill.

Claydol: Qwilfish can 2 OHKO special variants and Scrafty can set up on any claydol.

Cobalion: Cofag can wall him and crippled it with will-o. Ditto can copy any sd boost and revenge kill, Qwilfish can also set up 1 or 2 layers of t-spikes.

Cofagrigus: Umbreon can wall any set that is not the calm mind or nasty plot one. Calm mind can be wear down with t-spikes forcing him to rest, then ditto can come and spam shadow balls, nasty plotters need to be revenge killed with ditto.

Crobat: The last poke to die usually, a good player can do massive damage with this poke, if he is not carrying taunt cofag can burn it and Qwilfish can set up some hazards, if he is carrying taunt then Umbreon walls him but honesty can't do much back.

Darmanitan: Qwilfish walls him and can take anything even e-ques and proceed to attack him or set up some hazards. Umbreon can take one hit and OHKO with some prior damage with foul play.

Dusclops: Scrafty can set up on him, so does Qwilfish and umbreon can use this thing to pass wishes and use heal bell without any worries.

Empoleon: Scrafty can set up and OHKO with boosted drain punch. cofag can burn him and special offensive empoleons are walled by Umbreon

Flygon: Cofrag can take a hit or two and burn him, ditto can revenge kill any non scarfed flygon and Umbreon can take a hit and 2 OHKO or even OHKO with foul play.

Froslass: Froslass with taunt can be a problem but ditto can kill it with shadw ball or taunt it. Non- taunt variants are used as set up fodders.

Gligar: Scrafty can set up, Qwilfish can take a hit or two and set up some hazards. Kingdra can also use it as set up fodder but most be wary about a crit e-que.

Heracross : Qwilfish can come, intimidate and set up some hazards, non choiced scarf can be revenge killed by ditto, cofag can also wall this guy and will-o crippling the beetle.

Hitmontop: Cofag can burn any variant, Qwilfish can set up but most be careful about a rapid spin.

Honchkrow: They can't get a free sub on anything of my team. Qwilish can intimidate but will fall after some brave birds. Ditto can transform and revenge kill.

Houndoom: I can take one pursuit with cofag and switch into Kingdra, qwilfish can OHKO him with waterfall but most be careful about a dark pulse that will leave a mark or even OHKO.

Kingdra: Ditto cam revenge kill any set, Umbreon walls mixed and special sets and can even take a Kingdra with foul play after a dd.

Krookodile: E-que can hit pretty hard but scrafty can take 2 hits go for drain punch and have enought HP to take him to survive another hit and take him with drain punch(made the calcs) . Ditto can revenge kill non scarfed variants

Machamp: Cofrag can wall him and burn it, Qwilfish can intimidate and set up some hazards and ditto can revenge kill.

Meloetta: Special variants are walled by Umbreon. Physical ones are a different story, ditto needs to come and revenge kill them with cc, if ditto is paralized or dead and meloetta is already on its other form i need to pray god and hope she is not packing psychic , go into Qwilfish and wall it.

Mew: Support sets are walled by Umbreon, SD could be a problem but Umbreon can take a boosted drain punch and OHKO with foul play. Nasty plotters are revenge killed by ditto.

Mienshao: Qwilfish walls it and sets up some hazards, cofag can negate a reggenerator and even burn it and ditto can revenge kill any non- choice variants.

Milotic: Scrafy can set up but most watch out for a dragon tail, Umbreon can wall it and wait until scald burns so its synchronized to milotic.

Mismagius: If it doesn't get a free sub i am fine, if it gets a free sub Scrafty can take 1 hp fighting and brake the sub and revenge kill it with ditto

Nidoking: Kingdra can take 1 hit can set up a dd, also Umbreon walls it even if it is carrying focus miss which they rarely do.

Porygon-Z: Umbreon can wall any set except choice specs adaptability tri attack if the opponent uses that i switch out into cofag.

Porygon2: Umbreon can wall it and can even abuse its ability to toxic the duck. Scrafty and Kingdra can set up on any defensive porygon2.

Raikou: When i see this on the team preview i set up t-spikes as soon as possible, sub calm minds are the worst sets cause they can sweep my entire team with a couple of them, choiced ones are walled by Umbreon and simple calm minders are revenge killed by ditto.

Registeel: Scrafty can set up on this guy, so does Kingdra qwilfihs can set up some hazards and cofag can burn it.

Rhyperior: Cofag can burn it, Kingdra can OHKO with waterfall offensive sets and defensive sets after some prior damage.

Roserade: Kingdra can set up 1 or even 2 dd and Umbreon can wall it but can't do much back.

Rotom-H. Umbreon can wall any set,but must be wary about a trick, Kingdra can come into an overheat and OHKO with waterfall.

Sableye: Taunt is annoying but Umbreon's ability can stop the emerald goblin's fun if he goes with the will-o, Qwilfish t-spikes may help a lot

Scrafty: Hazers are the key here, dragon dancers are revenge killed by ditto.

Sharpedo: Qwilfish can wall any variant laking e-que, Scrafty can take 1 hit and OHKO with drain punch, umbreon can take 1 or even 2 hits and leave a mark or even OHKO with foul play.

]Shaymin: T-spikes are the key, same as raikou i set them up no matter what. Non leech seed sets are walled by umbreon. Kingdra can take a hit and 2 OHKO with outrage.

Slowbro: I can set up with Scrafty or set up some hazards with qwilfish, but most be careful about a pschyc, umbreon can wall it but can't do much else back.

Snorlax: Scrafty can set up but must be careful about being phased, cofag can haze any curselax and will-o crippling its power.

Suicune: Hazers, again, are the key any other suicune can be walled by umbreon.

Swampert: Cofag can burn it and Scrafty can set up on a defensive variant lacking roar.

Togekiss: Nasty plotters are revenge killed by Ditto and others are walled by Umbreon, sub nasty plot may be a problem but i could play around that with Umbreon's foul play.

Tornadus: Revenge killed by ditto and walled by Umbreon although specs hurricane can hurt. Kingdra can abuse any rain dance bought by tornadus.

Umbreon: Scrafty can set up not even caring about a rare foul play. Kingdra can also set up but most be careful about a foul play, Qwilfish can also set up some hazards.

Victini: I switch into Qwilfish and even if he predicts it and goes for the bolt strike Qwilfish can take one and retreat into cofag. Special sets are walled by Umbreon.

Virizion: I just death fodder the useless thing of my team and revenge kill it with ditto if he is a defensive set my cofag can just burn it.

Weavile: Qwilfish can wall it and set up some hazards, Scrafty can set up on any weavile without low kick, Umbreon can deal a nice damage with foul play even OHKO with prior damage.

Xatu: I go into ditto and transform into xatun reflecting its status which is usually toxic, Scrafty can set up but most be careful about a night shade that will hurt.

Yanmega: Thss team's "kryptonite" specs sets are walled by cofag and revenge killed by ditto, Life orb sets are also walled by cofag but the prediction needs to be perfect or it will giga drain all the progress made.

Zapdos: Offensive sets are walled by Umbreon and defensive sets carrying toxic will get fucked if they toxic Umbreon, if they don't have toxic cofag can burn them and cripple they defensive capabilities.

Zoroark
: Could be a problem if the opponent knows how to use this and gets a free nasty plot, after i break the illusion ditto can revenge kil
l.

Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed this team i took a long time making it, although its not perfect i really like it and hope you will also like it.
Copy me!!!
Puff (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- Haze

20 fingers (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Haze

Evil cat (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Fancy Pants (Scrafty) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Mystery (Kingdra) (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest

Who are you? (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 3 Spd
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

ss234

bop.
Hi, this is a fairly solid UU team, however there are a few weaknesses.

Firstly, SubCM Raikou. This 6-0's you very easily, as it can set-up on Ditto locked into an unfavourable move, or Qwilfish as it is switching out or Umbreon with ease, since Umbreon fails to break min attack Raikou's substitutes. Because of substitute, Ditto won't be able to beat it like with other set-up sweepers either.

Therefore, I recommend using Rhyperior over Ditto. Ditto really isn't doing all that much on the team, as the combination of Qwilfish, Cofagrigus and Umbreon is enough to stop the majority of stat-uppers in their tracks, and you already have two pokes with haze. Rhyperior is easily one of the best counters to SubCM Raikou available, thanks to Solid Rock and it's STAB Earthquake packing immense power. With Rock Blast > Stone Edge, you also gain a great answer to Froslass, since you can break it's Focus Sash. Rhyperior also counters Crobat very nicely, which is another large threat as you have already pointed out. Honchkrow is also dealt with quite nicely, although try to avoid the Superpower. Togekiss and Yanmega are also nicely dealt with by Rhyperior, as long as you avoid the Giga Drain / Grass Knot.

Now though, you have a rather large weakness to Roserade and Shaymin. Choice Spec Roserade 2HKO's even Umbreon, and also absorbs your Toxic Spikes set by Qwilfish. Shaymin has the potential to destroy your entire team if it gets lucky with Seed Flare against Umbreon. Powerful ground types in general are also a rather large pain for you to face, such as Krookodile, since you have no ground resists.

To fix the grass type weakness, I recommend using Crobat over Kingdra. Crobat is a truly excellent pokemon in the current metagame, and brings some much appreciated speed to the team to help against things like Houndoom(another pretty large threat to your team). Thanks to it's 4X resistance to grass, Crobat can easily come in on Roserade and deal heavy damage with Brave Bird, break stall teams with Taunt, or preserve momentum with U-turn. Kingdra wasn't doing that much for the team except set-up on fire-types, and now that you have Rhyperior and qwilfish, fire types pose little threat to your team(and the fact that Crobat can revenge them with ease). Crobat can also pose as a nice Nidoking check, as with Focus Blast it can 2HKO Umbreon iirc.

Here are the sets for Rhyperior and Crobat:
Crobat @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

I honestly like your team, but the huge thing you're lacking is stealth rocks. I know you've heard this before, but Stealth Rocks is the best move in the game. I recommend using rhyperior like silver shadow said. Spikes and toxic spikes but you don't want to let a yanmega come in with fully HP and start wrecking your team.

To be honest,this team is fairly solid. As the 2 others mentionned, you should really get a stealth rocker/spiker. I would recommend either Cacturne for spikes,or golem for stealth rock. I would highly recommend you to replace ditto,and get either a stealth rocker or spiker. Keep in mind if you use spikes,yanmega/other flying types won't be affected.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this is a fairly solid UU team, however there are a few weaknesses.

Firstly, SubCM Raikou. This 6-0's you very easily, as it can set-up on Ditto locked into an unfavourable move, or Qwilfish as it is switching out or Umbreon with ease, since Umbreon fails to break min attack Raikou's substitutes. Because of substitute, Ditto won't be able to beat it like with other set-up sweepers either.

Therefore, I recommend using Rhyperior over Ditto. Ditto really isn't doing all that much on the team, as the combination of Qwilfish, Cofagrigus and Umbreon is enough to stop the majority of stat-uppers in their tracks, and you already have two pokes with haze. Rhyperior is easily one of the best counters to SubCM Raikou available, thanks to Solid Rock and it's STAB Earthquake packing immense power. With Rock Blast > Stone Edge, you also gain a great answer to Froslass, since you can break it's Focus Sash. Rhyperior also counters Crobat very nicely, which is another large threat as you have already pointed out. Honchkrow is also dealt with quite nicely, although try to avoid the Superpower. Togekiss and Yanmega are also nicely dealt with by Rhyperior, as long as you avoid the Giga Drain / Grass Knot.

Now though, you have a rather large weakness to Roserade and Shaymin. Choice Spec Roserade 2HKO's even Umbreon, and also absorbs your Toxic Spikes set by Qwilfish. Shaymin has the potential to destroy your entire team if it gets lucky with Seed Flare against Umbreon. Powerful ground types in general are also a rather large pain for you to face, such as Krookodile, since you have no ground resists.

To fix the grass type weakness, I recommend using Crobat over Kingdra. Crobat is a truly excellent pokemon in the current metagame, and brings some much appreciated speed to the team to help against things like Houndoom(another pretty large threat to your team). Thanks to it's 4X resistance to grass, Crobat can easily come in on Roserade and deal heavy damage with Brave Bird, break stall teams with Taunt, or preserve momentum with U-turn. Kingdra wasn't doing that much for the team except set-up on fire-types, and now that you have Rhyperior and qwilfish, fire types pose little threat to your team(and the fact that Crobat can revenge them with ease). Crobat can also pose as a nice Nidoking check, as with Focus Blast it can 2HKO Umbreon iirc.

Here are the sets for Rhyperior and Crobat:
Crobat @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Thanks for the rate :) I am going to use both setsvand will inform the results

To be honest,this team is fairly solid. As the 2 others mentionned, you should really get a stealth rocker/spiker. I would recommend either Cacturne for spikes,or golem for stealth rock. I would highly recommend you to replace ditto,and get either a stealth rocker or spiker. Keep in mind if you use spikes,yanmega/other flying types won't be affected.
I already have a spiker on my team but yea i am going to use rhyperior thanks for the rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)