Scrafty

i freakin love his design. so unique and looks like you'd see him in an alley stealing some poor meowth's money. lol. so i personally think zuruzukin looks like a lizard that has shed its skin but has some weird emotional attachment to it or something, so it wears it around like clothes. but then again he is in the dragon egg group and has some key dragon type moves at his disposal like dragon dance and dragon claw.

so is he supposed to be a Dragon that has shed its skin or a Lizard that has shed its skin? id like to know because i'm trying to make a reptile team and think he's pretty cool to be on it.

i think this guy is going to be in ou with my set the one i posted above i think he willl do could in my competitive battling team in case u missed my post
zuruzukin item leftovers
evs 252 atk 252 speed 4 def
moves
high jump kick
drain punch
payback
dragon dance

Their pants are too tight to hang to hang out with Zuruzukin. If you want to be in his crew your pants have to at least be below your knee caps. Making them out of your own skin is optional but not recommended xD

That's suitable and silly enough, but I still think punk rock fits him better than rap for some reason. Must be the mohawk.

Anyway, I've been ripping through the story mode with a pre-evo-stoned Zuruggu...I'm almost hesitant to evolve it because it's so bulky. Overconfidence such a useful ability for this pokemon because you can focus on just...attacking the opponent while staying fairly safe behind those defenses, and you'll get a power boost anyway.

This pokemon is so awesome that Graphics Gale couldn't handle it :(

Well there goes my new avatar.
My respect for the guy just went up a little. Place the eyes closer together, make him look less braindead and more menacing, and he now looks like he wants to beat the shit out of you.

My respect for the guy just went up a little. Place the eyes closer together, make him look less braindead and more menacing, and he now looks like he wants to beat the shit out of you.
XD yes, yes he does...if he pulled up his damn pants he may look abit more menasing.

I like his design because he doesn't look menacing at all. He looks completely silly, and then he jump kicks something in the face and knocks its teeth out.

Can't wait to fiddle around with him some more.

I think he(she?) is more emotionless then brain dead. On a serious note, I think drain punch and bulk up are the best you can do with this guy(I've always disliked dragon dance and I think HJK is to risky even with his dark typing) second favorite poke this generation

I think he(she?) is more emotionless then brain dead. On a serious note, I think drain punch and bulk up are the best you can do with this guy(I've always disliked dragon dance and I think HJK is to risky even with his dark typing) second favorite poke this generation
I don't think it's emotionless. The look on it's face always made me think it's stewing in frustration, rolling it's eyes and getting ready to throw a huge tantrum.

does any1 know if he learns Ikasama? its a new dark type move that actually hits harder than crunch, its a dark physical move 95 base power and 100 accuracy. I do not know what the effects of it would be.

Zuruzukin reminds me of Toxicroak for some reason.
This is a major part of his appeal for me, actually. I like his stat distribution and typing though, he's pretty unique among fighters and Bulk Up was the first thing that came to mind until I saw DD. Really I'm just happy that his movepool is pretty good, a few new pokemon weren't so lucky in that department.

I haven't seen that move anywhere in his learn list. Crunch is the strongest dark type STAB he gets. (unless you're using a non-dd set and payback)

ok, I really have to ask, which would be the better use of zuruzukin, dd or bulk up? I lean towards bulk up due to good coverage in 2 moves, super rotom a defenses, great resistances, and the ability to mow down any ghost sans focus blast gengar. opinions? Please justify.

matters what you want to take down. DD would be best for say the gengar, but you'd have to get many up to stand a chance (speed wise) but pretty much anything else I'd say bulk up.

matters what you want to take down. DD would be best for say the gengar, but you'd have to get many up to stand a chance (speed wise) but pretty much anything else I'd say bulk up.
Pretty much in agreement with Griffen I preffer Bulk up for the purpose that his speed IS atrocious and you would definitely need more than 1 Dragon Dance to remotely catch up to a Gengar as you so mentioned (which will most likely be running a max speed EV). Even outside of Gengar considering the speed tiers of the new Pokemon introduced he would need a lot of Dragon Dances to catch up. Bulk up on the other hand only makes his already great defense stat - which he excels at - higher so that he tanks hits better combined with his great resistances. Put another way he'll excel at what he's doing - as a tank - with bulk up much sooner than he would as a fast sweeper using Dragon Dance - which he can still be beaten at.

More importantly consider the EV distributions generally you'll want to invest on HP - you might need to invest 252 here - or one his defenses - which he excels at - so that he can tank hits better. You'll also have to consider some potential EV investment in attack - which he may not excel at but is certainly quite decent.

Now if you plan to run a Dragon Dance set you'd obviously want to invest in speed - a full 252 - so that he'll outspeed things much sooner however that would be to the detriment of other stats that he excels at as well as the need to consider for compensating his HP. With bulk up at least you can invest on his much needed HP as well as his defenses - notably special defense - as bulk up will compensate for his Attack and Defense stat, leaving only his speed which really wasn't that good in the first place but if you plan to run roar/dragontail/payback this is to your advantage.

Bulk Up + Drain Punch + Payback on a specially defensive set looks to be a good option for him. Machi is right, Zuru has much to low speed to fully utilise DD, needing a couple to be able outspeed enough for him to sweep.

It reminds me a bit of my older brother, expect without the mohawk, as his pants are always down near his knees. lol

I love just bulking up in people's faces with this guy.

Was running a defensive set with Payback/Bulk Up/Drain Punch/Zen Headbutt.

Bulked up 3 times, KO'd one of their pokemon then floored their Kyeremu or whatever the ice dragon's name is. Feels good.

edit:

Am i allowed to post battle logs in threads or no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)