Scrafty

Not to mention that it is depressingly slow. Unable to outrun Starmie after a boost and still working off a barely passable base 90 attack stat? No thanks, I'd rather use a different dragon dancer and focus on Scrafty's bulk with a Bulk Up set.

To be fair, DD Scrafty has enough bulk to get at least two dances in.

But yeah, bulk up is far more useful. Slap BU Scrafty onto your team and you can beat most stall teams easily. It's that good.

Fact: BU Scrafty has similar defenses as CM Reuniclus. And I think that as both accumulate more defensive boosts, Scrafty's defense grows at a higher rate than Reuniclus's special defense. The only real advantage Reuniclus has over Scrafty is leech seed + curse immunity.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Not to mention that it is depressingly slow. Unable to outrun Starmie after a boost and still working off a barely passable base 90 attack stat? No thanks, I'd rather use a different dragon dancer and focus on Scrafty's bulk with a Bulk Up set.
but what can starmie do back? outside of Specs Hydro Pump/Surf its not going to OHKO anytime soon. And don't forget that Moxie increases your attack everytime you net a kill wich is why you use DD anyway.

Im waiting for..... dum dum dum intimidate. Intomidating DD has been shown to be good. If scrafty get it(intimidate) i finally have my fuck you button to doryuuzu.

49.4% - 58.4%
From +1 Jolly Yuzu EQ
+1 LO yuzu EQ Adamant
86.5% - 102.4%
+2 LO Yuzu EQ Adamant
116.2% - 136.8%
+1 Yuzu EQ with baloon
66.8% - 79%

Zuruzukin Spread used is 252 HP/6 Def/252 SpD Impish

But i doubt drain Punch will OHKO
Answer : Drain Punch 2HKO.
79.8% - 94.7%
with Uninvested Neutral
So ehs kind of check seeing Jolly EQ is the strongest attack Dory could ever run since BB deal same damage

*Blah3x month later...... Scrafty in DW with intimidate is released !!!!!(yeahhhhh !!!!!!)
but its male only (noooooo !!!!!!!) Just kidding it has Drain Punch as egg move (yeahhhhhh !!!!!!) Nope it doesnt (nooooo !!!!!!)

I hope it wont happen

I don't like Intimidate on sweepers. It's just begging for Trace or Ditto to come in and ruin your Attack. Shed Skin is the only real choice for a bulky sweeper anyway.

Personally, I run 252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def EVs and 0 Speed IVs, Shed Skin and Lefties. (Careful nature I think? The -speed +spdef one) Drain Punch/Payback/Bulk Up/Dragon Tail. I can either choose to switch in on a physical attacker like Ttar or a special attacker. It's more beneficial to go in on a Physical Attacker you can wall with just typing and base defenses, because it can mislead your opponent about your build. People are terrified of Overconfidence, even though it's not very good on Zuruzukin, so they'll almost always switch out if it's a pokemon that you *might* be able to KO.

Anyway, it's pretty simple. All you have to do is scout what your opponent's counter is the first time you send Zuruzukin out. There are SO MANY variations of Zuruzukin, that there's a high chance that they'll counter wrong and grant you free additional setups. If they send out a physical set-up sweeper like Roopushin, (or Zuruzukin) then you can just Dragon Tail them out on the turn they setup, and there's a chance a useless pokemon gets dragged out and you can score another setup while they switch. Once you have +2 under your belt most things won't be able to touch you. If they send out a wall you can just eat their status and set up some more. If they send out a Special Attacker you can just eat their attacks (other than very specific cases, like maybe Focus Blast Gengar/that new psychic and Aura Sphere Lucario) and set up/drain punch your health back. If you have Stealth Rock you can just Dragon Tail the likes of Ulgamoth out and it basically counts as a KO unless they have a Rapid Spinner.

The only things that would really force Zuru to switch with this build are very strong Physical (or extremely strong Special) attackers that can KO Zuru in one (or two) hit after he has +1. These will most often be Fighting types, so Dream World Shanderaa makes a VERY good combo due to being able to switch in and eat attacks like Close Combat and HJK and punish with Overheat, though you must also be wary of the less common Flying types. Other things that can stop Zuru's fun pre-emptively are Perish Song and faster phazers. Strong water attacks in Rain might hurt as well, though those are uncommon.

By the way, anyone know of any other pokemon with good synergy with Bulky Zuru? As I mentioned, Shandera is nice, but I wish I had some other pokemon to support him since he's so strong but kind of serves as a one-person act. I thought about running BP Blaziken but it doesn't really have anything extremely beneficial to pass to Zuru.

Well i rather use this one badass zuruzukin
252 HP/6 Def/252 SpD
Leftovers
Impish
Taunt/HJK/Ice Punch
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Crunch

This is meant to be used with intimidate though TBH. But against dory i hope GF did give Zuruzukin Intimidate legality with Drain Punch. yeah i prefer BU tbh than DD especialy in defensive counetr like this. DD can work too since it can get +2 easily.

Speed is lost on him because the point of Zuruzukin is his bulk, there are other pokemon that do speedy frail sweeper better, and giving him a large attack lead over his Defense makes him ditto-bait. Note that a Zuruzukin who's got an even boost to his attack and defense ALWAYS wins against attempted Ditto revenge. (Unless something silly happens like a crit drain punch) If Zuru is +2/+1 or higher then there's a big chance that Ditto will win, which is the primary reason why I don't like Overconfidence either. Dragon Tail Bulk-Up Zuruzukin also beats every other kind of Zuruzukin, and generally anything else that needs to set-up.

Besides, I actually tried it back when Speed Boost BP Blaziken was legal in Pokemon Online, and it just didn't work that great. Speed is a non-issue for a properly played Bulky Zuru. It's all about tanking and controlling your opponent.

i dont play in META
fixed

Well Since somehow taunt can be unnused in some cases, protect is a good alt in DW tier tbh.

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpDef
Adamant / Intimidate(Shed Skin)

Substitute
Focus Punch
Crunch/Payback
Dragon Tail/Roar/Rest

ShedRest is an option, otherwise Intimidate and Dragon Tail give him the ability to force more switches and deal damage. STAB on Dark is something any other subpuncher wishes they could have, and even though it only has 90 Atk it's still pretty powerful. You could make this set more defensive by focusing in defenses, but it's hard to argue for that with his low-ish attack stat.

Looks good, but Shed Skin is better than Moxie so that Scrafty/Zuru has a chance to shrug off status. Moxie is better for sweeping sets..

Good point Zuru being able to shrug off burn or paralyze issues easily would help a lot with the defensive roll I want him to have.

have you honestly seen a starmie this gen. ever

90 is pretty damn good once you get a dd and a moxie boost, which is extremely easy.

you should really play the set before you talk trash

I tried it again...it just fails.
I can never set up without being royally screwed up.
He's not bulky enough at +1 to take a hit and he ends up being useless for the rest of the match T_T

Suppose a Zuru with Shed Skin uses Rest.
It has a 33% chance of waking up the same turn.
It has a 33% chance of waking up after 1 turn.
It has a 100% chance to wake up after two turns.

So you only have a 55% chance to wake up early.
You have a 45% chance to not wake up early.

Personally, I'd just run Moxie and start mowing down shit after only 1 or 2 Bulk Ups.

edit: I have an honest question. What are the merits of using Bulk Up Zuru as opposed to Bulk Up Roobushin?

Suppose a Zuru with Shed Skin uses Rest.
It has a 33% chance of waking up the same turn.
It has a 33% chance of waking up after 1 turn.
It has a 100% chance to wake up after two turns.

So you only have a 55% chance to wake up early.
You have a 45% chance to not wake up early.

Personally, I'd just run Moxie and start mowing down shit after only 1 or 2 Bulk Ups.

edit: I have an honest question. What are the merits of using Bulk Up Zuru as opposed to Bulk Up Roobushin?
Shed Skin is useful even when not running Rest though, as Burn cripples your offences otherwise and Toxic will very quickly kill you. The early waking Rest is really just a bonus to the pseudo-status immunity provided by Shed Skin, and that's why I'd probably use it over Moxie. Speaking of which, what the hell does Moxie even mean?!

Shed Skin is useful even when not running Rest though, as Burn cripples your offences otherwise and Toxic will very quickly kill you. The early waking Rest is really just a bonus to the pseudo-status immunity provided by Shed Skin, and that's why I'd probably use it over Moxie. Speaking of which, what the hell does Moxie even mean?!
But if you have Rest, couldn't you just Rest off a status, thereby making Shed Skin less important?

I mean, if you were Status'ed, and you decided not to use Rest, you'd still have to deal with the status for 2 or 3 turns (on average), which means it would still be crippling Zuru.

So if you get status'ed, isn't Rest what you should do anyway?

The problem is...he can't take a good hit without becoming useless.
He can't even hit back hard enough with his mediocre attack stat. I pretty much lost a pokemon without even doing anything.

Why the hell would you run Brick Break over Drain Punch? Or even HJK?
I dont like HJK as it is begging for a ghost to come in and make you crash. I might use drain punch but it has a lot less pp then brickbreak and I find the extra pp helpful. Still drain punch is a good option. And you can use HJK but I think that is geared more for a dd more offensive set as it does hit a lot harder but also shortens Zuruzukins longevity and the point of the bulk up rest set is to have him absorb hits while boosting up rest when necessary and then sweep. When you get to about +4 you dont really need the extra power and high jump kick dosnt help at all when you try and predict if they will switch in their ghost on a HJK or a or a metal/fighting type on the crunch. HJK is the safer move and fits the nature of the defensive bulk up set better. Drain punch is however a graeat option. Also sorry in my last post I forgot to include nature with a positive spec. def. nature Zuruzukin hits 354 spec. def.

Well you could always run HJK/Crunch/Drain punch since fighting/dark it already has great coverage and Scrafty is bulky enough to afford losing 50% since most of his bulk is in his defenses.

you are really overestimating his defenses if you think he wont have problems taking hits at only 50% hp. most ghosts that switch against him have means to deal more then 50% damage(overheat, focus blast, etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)