Season 2 Updated, Season 3 is up. READ THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this appears to be an improved system and I think it will be succesful :)

What are the new tour times?

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...but I never go in until 6:00 EDT. So, Friday is the only day that I'm unable to help.

awesome, I love the new point system and having more of a chances to play = sweet.

One question though, what if one of the hosts cant make it in case of an emergency or something similar? Will the other host for that day take care of the other's tasks or will another be assigned for that day?

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: I posted before that I could switch to Friday but my work schedule conflicts with Friday :(

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Warthog said:
One question though, what if one of the hosts cant make it in case of an emergency or something similar? Will the other host for that day take care of the other's tasks or will another be assigned for that day?

In my opinion, this is the largest advantage of two hosts. If one person forgets or has a last minute emergency that precludes them from hosting...there is someone else that is already planning on being there.

Justin, if p15 cant adjust his time and if nobody wants to switch with him I would be able to host if possible. Im off Friday from work and Im free the entire day; most of the time.

Justin8649 said:
As far as disqualifications go, if you break ANY rule at all you WILL be disqualified and you WILL lose 3 points. This is a very harsh penalty with the new scoring system. Do not break ANY rules. Period. Even if you won points, you will receive a -3 point total for that week. You will not be allowed to participate in any other tours that week. If you won 5 points in the friday tour and get DQd in the Saturday tour, your point total for that week is -3. The rules will be enforced. There has been too much ridiculous stuff involving the rules the past two seasons. This is what will take place for your FIRST disqualification.
Look at my signature...
Some people take Pokemon too serious looooool. :rolleyes:

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok. Nice post Justin.

Also, when watching battles, please SHUT THE FUCK UP. You have no idea how annoying it is when someones comes into your battle and starts yelling random shit like "use fire blast lololol". I'm serious about this, shut your mouth and WATCH the battle, don't say stupid shit. I don't care if both players ignore spectators, there are still spectators who are annoyed by this childish way of acting, please let them enjoy the battle. So don't say shit like "if u find uz annoy1ng, turn teh specat0r chat off". Thanks.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
dont know if this was brought up somewhers, but are winners allowed to watch other battles after they won?

Ok Warthog is going to be the newest host. I will PM all of the hosts proper formats and tips for running the tour and what not some time soon.

Smogon.com said:
This document was last modified on May 29, 2006
Is it just me or doesn't it look updated at all? (It is still listed as Season 2, the scores aren't working, the Season 1 link isn't working, and there is no bracket)

On the Season 2 archives, it says: "Bye Week (July 3 - July 9). Season 3 starts July 15th." But you say it will start on the 7th. When will Season 3 officially start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)