Second RMT- Standard OU

Hi there, this is my second RMT on Smogon's forum, because i really enjoyed the advices. So, i made a new team which is, more powerfully than my last one. And I'll add there more features in order to make you enjoying my thread when you'll read it :p. I should start, here we go :)

CHANGE WILL BE IN RED
Building Process

Firstly, i wanna a nice lead blocker which can be useful at placing sweepers and can block easily a huge part of OU lead, this needs speeds and a great move-set, so i chose Crobat, who is perfect there.

Then I wanna a special sweeper who has a great types covering, and who can kill easily main threat in OU which are Scizor... Zapdos is nice, so i chose him.

Next, i need a physical wall, where Skarmory is really awesome there, his huge defense is helpfull and he can spikes and roar.
Skarmory is one of best for this job.

Nevertheless, i have 3 birds who can be killed easily by a Choice Scarfer like Tyranitar, so i decided to change my Skarmory to a Swampert, who is better in my team because of his Stealth Rock and more damage.

Then i need a sword or a dragon dancer, i really hesitate between Scizor and Dragonite, and i chose Scizor because he has more resistance and really better to kill some threat like Gengar.

I really love Tyranitar, so i take him because he's really nice, and i need ghost and rock attack to cover every types. He's the best revenge killer because of his huge attack and nice move-set.

Finally, i wanna a Rapid Spinner, Toxik Spikes user and Special Wall, Tentacruel is perfect at this role, so i chose him.

Zoom on my team

Crobat (Awasteel) : Jolly (+ Spd, -Atk Spe)@ Black Sludge-> Anti-lead
104 EV HP ; 152 EV Atk ; 252 EV Spd
Move-set :
-Brave bird
-Taunt
-U-turn
-Roost

Here's my Anti-lead. I'm using him in order to block (with anticipation) every leads i can with Taunt and U-turn. I can also deal some damage to Machamp lead with Brave Bird, and if i have some problems, i can use roost to stay more times in battle. It can also, with his huge speed, take damage resistance and switch after it with U-turn. Jolly is a must because he needs to speed tie other lead with an high speed like Aerodactyl. Why 104 EV in HP and 152 in Atk? Because it's a nice mix between attack and resistance.
So, if i use him well, i can make enemy crazy :p.

Zapdos (Bolt) : Timid (+ Spd, -Atk) @ Life Orber -> Special Sweeper
4 EV HP ; 252 EV Spec Atk ; 252 EV Spd
Move-set :
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-HP (Grass)
-Roost

My Zapdos is the special sweeper of this team, he was used also as a ravenge killer some time. His large covering of types assures to kill threats like Swampert, Dragon and Grass Pokemon. Roost is here in order to heal him a bit, because as a lifer orber and with a Tyranitar in my team, 18,25% damage by round, so i must be silly if i let my zapdos die by this. His high speed assures him to out speed a huge part of the metagame, and with his resistance to steel, it's easy to counter pokemon like Scizor (if they don't sword dance).

Swampert (Umbrella) : Relaxed (+ Def, -Spd) @ Leftovers -> Physical Wall
252 EV HP ; 6 EV Atk ; 252 EV Def
Move-set :
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Toxik

Ahhh, Swampert, solid physical wall and nice damage dealer. He's really a great problem for enemy because of his resistance, his hp and his defence. Hard to kill, i can kill Dragon and put Stealth Rock. Earthquake is for guy like Heatran, and Toxik is here to interfere. But, I'm hesiting between Toxik and Roar, because i have any phazers and i have already toxik spikes which are better than toxik.

Scizor (Scissor) : Lonely (+Atk, -Def) @ Life Orbe -> Sword Dancer
32 EV HP ; 252 EV Atk ; 224 EV Spd
Move-set :
-Sword Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Roost

Scizor is a nice Sword Dancer, because of his nice resistance, his bullet punch and his huge attack. I can end a challenge with him easily, and kill many threat like Gengar or other Steel weaked. In order to scare some guy like Magnezone or other Steel Resistance, i took Superpower, but, I'm hesiting between this and Brick Break, because i have a problem with team with a double screen user, and Superpower isn't really useful. Roost, because of his Life Orb, is needed, and he hasn't other most interesting than this things to put at last slot.

Tyranitar (Tyre) : Jolly (+ Spd, -Atk Spec) @ Choice Scarf -> Choice Scarfer
252 EV Atk ; 6 EV Spec Def ; 252 EV Spd
Move-set :
-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

He's my main revenge killer, and he's ending the covering of every type with Rock and Ghost attacks. His very high attack and his nice move-set, make him a terror for my enemies because of his 100% efficient revenge kill. Pursuit is here for guy which will switch when I'm coming to Revenge kill, Crunch is for Ghost Weaked and which won't switch. Earthquake is here for other Tyranitar, Heatran, Metagross... And Stone Edge, to end every flying Pokemon, and kill damage Pokemon which will switch at revenge kill, but which i can't kill with pursuit, so i know, i can if critical kill his second Pokemon. :)

Tentacruel : Calm (+Spec Def, - Atk) @ Leftovers -> Rapid Spinner/Special Wall/Toxik Spikers
212 EV HP; 136 EV Def ; 162 EV Spec Def
Move-set :
-Rapid Spin
-Toxik Spikes
-Surf
-Rest

I really love this Pokemon, he can toxik spikes, rapid spin and block special attack at SAME time. I'm really laughing when guy see me and though, he is blue, so he's water, so X4 GRASS ATTACK ! So, Rapid Spin is here to remove entry hazards which may be dangerous for my team (Zapdos take 25% at Stealth Rock :S) and other. Toxik Spikes is really nice, because all not flying/not steel Pokemon will be poisoned, so it gives me an advantage and make enemy think before switch. :) Surf is his main stab, to deal some damage to special like Gengar or something like him, and Rest is for heal himself. I love this Pokemon because, even he took a special super effective attack, it will never kill him, and never deal more than 40% :).

Conclusion :
I think my team is a pretty solid team, i don't really have many Pokemon who can block me or who is a threat for my team. I have a types covering, and can kill every used Pokemon in actual OU metagame.

So, what do you think about my team?
Have you any advice ?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english :(.

Hello, this seems like a pretty good team, although there are some weaknesses that I think could be fixed.

First of all, I think you should change Crobat's EV spread to 144 Spe / 232 HP / 76 SDef / 56 Def. The reasoning for only 144 Speed is because even if you do win a speed tie against an opposing Aerodactyl or Jolteon, you're not doing much to them; you're better off switching out. The current Speed investment outruns Scarf Tyranitar, which is the fastest Pokemon on many teams. The HP EVs hit a Leftovers number. I also think that you should use Super Fang over U-turn. Why? The SDef investment this spread gives you allows you to take a +1 Ice Beam from Offensive Suicune, so you can switch in on it, Super Fang as you live the hit, then Brave Bird and most likely kill it. Super Fang+Taunt+Roost also dismantles most stall teams.
The rest of the EVs are invested in defense to take random hits such as Scizor's Bullet Punch easier.

Next, I see that you're utilizing multiple layers of entry hazards, but you have no spinblocker. When you do that, a Starmie or Forretress will come in and just ruin your whole strategy with a single use of Rapid Spin. To fix this, I'd recommend a Life Orb Rotom-W over your current LO Zapdos. It fills similar roles but is able to block Rapid Spin as a bonus. The set is:

Rotom-W @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 216 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

This is the spread I use, it allows for the best LO number, maximum power, enough speed to outrun Jolly Gyarados, and a bit of extra physical bulk. If you'd like a simple 4 / 252 / 252 spread will work.

Otherwise, your team looks solid, I would use Roar > Toxic on Swampert (its most common switchins are Celebi, Shaymin, and Breloom - the first two have Natural Cure and Breloom actually enjoys being poisoned) to deal with setup Pokemon and to scout the opponent's team. Also, Scizor's nature should be Adamant, Lonely drops your defense for no reason at all.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)