Seedot

Ahh Seedot! one of my favorite pokemon, I never expected him to evolve into something that looks like Shifty. Anyway, let's take a look at what our little lackluster acorn can do!

This is what he looks like for clueless people

Seedot obviously didn't get all that much from last gen, with more pokemon coming in to outclass him even more. But, if you want to be original, he certainly has some sets he can use to some success and a little bit of unpredictability to work with.

This isn't the topic for discussing if he'll be banned

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/273.shtml

Stats:
40 Hp
40 Atk
50 Def
30 sp.atk
30 sp.def
30 speed

abilities:
Chlorophyll: Doubles Speed under the sun (somewhat useless now with Drought Vulpix being banned)
Early Bird: Cuts sleeping turns in half, rounding to the lower value Ie. 3 cuts down to 1 (a useful ability to quasi-counter sleep!)
Pickpocket: May Steal opponents item when attacked (unreleased and therefore illegal)

alight so the first thing that sticks out is Seedot's piss poor stats, However he has a solid movepool and "passable" stats to make things work out well for him.

Sets:

Bulky Acorn, Early Bird
Eviolite Bold
EV's: 196 HP / 196 Def / 118 SpD
~Synthesis
~Amnesia/Protect
~Leech Seed
~Toxic

This isn't the best set, and I probably wouldn't recommend it. but, if you want to try and run a little Seedot stall this is for you! Synthesis is obvious for healing while leech seed and toxic sap away at the opponents health and Protect is to stall things out while Amnesia buffs your SpD. Don't expect to outstall everything with this set as it isn't the bulkiest pokemon around.

Physical Seedot, Early Bird
Eviolite / Life Orb Adamant
Evs: 196 HP / 196 Atk / 118 SpD
~Swords Dance
~Synthesis / Quick Attack / Nature Power
~Seed Bomb
~Explosion

A physical Seedot set for people who need an original (my excuse to use Seedot) physical attacker. Swords Dance is a must. duh. a Swords Dance will leave you at 28 attack which is pretty solid. You really don't have all that much bulk though but it's always nice to setup on pokemon like Frillish who are probably scared of a Seed Bomb or Giga Drain. Synthesis is for a little healing. Quick Attack for the always-useful priority. and Nature Power for the pure fact that it turns into earthquake giving you nice coverage. Explosion is what sets you apart from Deerling and no pokemon wants to take an SD boosted Explosion.

Nasty Plot Seedot, Early Bird
Eviolite / Life Orb Modest
EV's: 196 HP / 196 SpA / 118 SpD
~Nasty Plot
~Synthesis / Shadow Ball / Leech Seed
~Giga Drain
~Hidden Power Fire / Ice

Seedot is famous for being able to use Nasty Plot. Though, it's not the most hard-hitting pokemon in LC so be aware of what you can and can't handle. Synthesis is for some healing. Shadow Ball is for more coverage and makes you somewhat able to deal with Gastly while Leech Seed saps at the opponent's health. Giga Drain is your main attack and it recovers any lost health which is always helpful. Hidden Power Fire is for steel types like Ferroseed while HP ice allows you to strike the always-scary Dragon types.

So. what's the opinion of this neat little pokemon? Obviously he won't be taking LC by storm but think he'll be able to give your team a use? Post sets and ideas or just plain comment on the little acorn.

breh

強いだね
Well...

firstly explosion got worsened and I'm fairly sure most moves 2HKO in LC, even from the weakest of sweepers.

Secondly do you really want to use such a slow pokemon? I don't think the chlorophyll boost is significant enough. sure it outruns all non-scarfed pokes but it's not too strong with its pitiful attacks.

thirdly you're missing movepool

oh crud... I always forget the movepool *facepalms* sorry about that, anyway I think Seedot can get in a nasty plot which will heighten his sp.atk. Solarbeam is strong as is and HP Fire gets stronger. the highest speed Seedot reaches is like 12 I think so he should outspeed most scarfed pokes.

I don't play LC but here are some statistics that you people can work with.
Seedot-Before Chlorophyll boost/After Chlorophyll boost
Neutral nature 196 Speed EVs - 12/18
Helpful nature 196 Speed EVs - 13/19.5
Neutral nature 0 Speed EVs - 9/13.5

It isn't.

Access to Nasty Plot keeps it from being outclassed, I guess, but bad typing and bad bulk isn't going to help set up, and Exeggcute has higher hp, attack, defense, special attack, speed, and special defense, as well as sleep powder. Solarbeam and HP Fire are asking for a fire type to come in, and Seedot can't do shit to them other then booming.

Mayhap a set of Growth/Solarbeam/HP Fire/Return?

Nasty Plot and booming are what make Seedot not worthless, but Explosion is nerfed and Nasty Plot+terrible typing and meh defenses aren't going to help, plus Eggy is better without Nasty Plot and Tangela rapes all other Chlorophyl users anyway.

Seedot has decent bulk? I don't see it take many hits with 40/50/30 defences, even for Little Cup standards. It could find its way onto a Drought team, but that would be the only thing it has to offer, I think.

its hard to even do a choiced set cus his physical movepool blows so only a specs set could work, but wouldnt that take away from explosions power too much?

I can't believe I missed that.

The evs should be 196 (offensive stat of choice)/196 spe/36 defense/36 spd. Unless I'm wrong because it's 1:00.

Ok. fixed up my EV's. Made things a little clearer. changed up and got rid of some sets while adding a few new ones. Removed all mentions of drought vulpix and overall just made things a little clearer.

Bumping this topic. (yay 200th post! not like it matters :p)

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Seedot kinda blows. Its stats are beyond mediocre and its movepool is hardly unique. The fact that you had to put Toxic in a moveslot is telling, lol d: He might have been good when Vulpix was around, but these days he's just another unremarkable Grasser.

yea. He wishes he had the typing / movepool of his older siblings. I still like to use him though because he can be a nice surprise with SD and Explosion ha ha! :p but if there's not much to discuss, then you (or the other mods / admins) may as well lock this topic up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)