seig hail [OU]

Here's the first Hail team I've ever made, and it's working fairly well so far, and I think I need more outside opinions and help now.

[
]

get in the car (Abomasnow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 140 Atk/252 Spe/116 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Gets me rolling. This set would be amazing, but he always falls short a few % to 1h-KO pretty much everything except Aerodactyl... I was thinking going all special to milk more EVs for SPA, and running something like Blizzard/Grass Knot/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball; but that would literally leave me with only one physical attacker. Which I suppose I can manage with all the poison and Perish Song floating around, but it's still icky. If only his attack stats were an little bit higher. And max speed Azelf outspeeds him, who can be a problem if I don't kill him fast, as he can almost sweep me if it's not the usual suicide lead. Fire Blast hits Abomasnow, Regice, and Celebi hard. Psychic hits Tentacruel hard. TBolt hits Walrein hard. And Rotom-F doesn't exactly wall it too well.

-

METHAMPHETAMINE (Regice) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Avalanche
- Hammer Arm
- Curse
- Rest
My special wall, main sweeper, and my reason for winning 95% of the time. I made this set a few days ago, and god does it work WELL. He can absorb a lot from the special side, even without EVs. Then I curse up and sweep. Ice/Fighting covers amazingly. Avalance for STAB and Hammer Arm gets TTars, Heatrans, and Laxes who think they're tricky. Clear Body only makes this work even better. Rest refills his massive HP pool and removes any Toxics that might've been thrown on him. I LOVE this set.

-

cushion (Walrein) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP/240 Def/48 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Surf

Potentially one of the most annoying Pokemon to run into. Stallrein is fun. I run Toxic just in case, but I really rarely use it. I have Perish Song as a Makeshift Roar, but I'm not too sure if he should be running it or not.. If only he had Slack Off.

-

omg a fridge wtf (Rotom-f) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest
This was Sleep Talk Calm Mind Spiritomb, but Scizor was a huge problem. This naturally fit better. I was testing out the scarf Trick version but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. TB for Gyara and STAB, Blizzard to abuse hail, and HP Fire for to kill that fucking metal crab thing. And rest for status removal and recovery. I know it fits well, jut not sure on the set.

-

AIDS (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
Synergy, synergy, synergy. Switch in on Heatrans which would usually raep. Toxic Spikes for the stallers. Rapid spin for the Stealth Rocks that almost all my pokes are weak to. Annoy seeders with Liquid Ooze. Etc.

-

ovaries (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Heal Bell
- Perish Song
- Recover
At first this was Bulky Lapras with Ice Shard/Heal Bell/Perish Song/ and Rest, but it just couldnt take the hits, and I needed more resistance to Electic, Fighting, and Ground. So Celebii! Perish Song is an amazing move. It rips Crocunes ass to peices, and I bring it in on Ninjask leads and the retards pass the song to their receivers. Happens every time. And no matter how much stat-upping their last poke has, this is a free kill if I can stall it out 3 turns. I wanted Aroamatherapy/Heal Bell support because of how crippling Poison is on Walrein and the amount of rest users I have. Recover is obligatory for the bulky set. Grass Knot is just... there. This is the most cloudy poke on my team, looking for input.

[
]

Nice thread name. 140 views means it's working, lol.

First of all you have a lot of weaknesses. you have two weaknesses for both Dark and Ghost but nothing that resist them, and a massive Rock weak.

Stealth Rock is pretty much a must if you run a stall team, only Toxic Spikes is a little silly when using Stallrein and Perish Song. Luckily there are a lot of pokémon that learn SR, you could even give it to Celebi instead of Heal Bell.

Rest hardly ever works as a recovery move this gen, on Rotom you're better off running another offensive move or WoW. I'd normally say the Regice set won't work but according to you it is amazing, and I must say it looks pretty cool, especially Hammer Arm to kill incoming Heatran who would otherwise destroy it.

Steel and Poison types are also very dangerous for your strategy which mainly works on damaging by using Toxic. You don't really have much that can handle that, only Rotom to defeat Steels isn't enough. A very easy solution is Magnezone, which not only kills Steel pokémon but also resists the 3 types you're weak for. The problem however is what to replace for it. You need Abomasnow for the Hail, Tentacruel for TSpikes and ditching Celebi or Rotom will probably only worsen your type problems (for example you'll get a MASSIVE Fighting weak), so you'll have to ditch Regice or Walrein.

tentacruel walls this team badly

you have abomasnow's wood hammer/earthquake, and rotom's thunderbolt that give him a dent (earthquake probably OHKO's him)

vaporeon will probably give you a good amount of trouble too, but the problem is, your team is probably focused around the ice types and yet those two pokes are the weak points

also, never run abomasnow with choice scarf, make sure he has as little speed as possible since the weather effect gives preference to the slower poke, so give him a life orb or expert belt (as his type coverage is actually very good with that set)

stallrein doesn't do too well this gen, you could try glaceon over that to give your team a more offensive option, cause blizzards from that thing hit crazy hard (i think it's the strongest blizzard in the game), but it's not fast

and what the guy above me said works really well

Tentacruel wants Knock Off instead of Ice Beam

Give Walrein Roar over Toxic to stack up entry hazard damage on Steels

Switch out Celebi for a SR lead, maybe Mamoswine.

I recomend Froslass, works amazing in hail. Give it bright powder, and maybe a set like perish song, blizzard, protect, filler? Im not totally sure what it can learn, maybe knock off or fakeout if possible! Knock off will be essential on tentacruel, I use a team almost identical, except subseeder abomasnow. Knock off will get rid of the pesky leftovers that always plague my team! I almost recomend focus sash on abomasnow because of all the hippowdons and T Tars. This way you can set up hail, do an attack or two and get the hell out. Good team! 8/10! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)