SM OU Selfish High Heels [PEAKED #46]

“Say goodbye to ya kneecaps” - Pheromosa AKA Scout AKA Legs

Proof of Peak:

This team is full on Hyper Offense. I find HO the most enjoyable way to play, so I cobbled together 5 threats + Lead Azelf and tried to learn how to optimize this team. This team, like most HO, is heavily focused on READS. But unlike most HO, it's also focused on INTEGRITY.

The team members for this team have remained constant, merely the sets have been played around with over time.

Ms. Leading (Azelf) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Explosion

- Fire Blast

- Taunt

Suicide leads are essential for HO, and Azelf has always been my favorite. Set up Stealth Rock use Explosion, seems simple enough. No longer a need for HP Steel for M-Diancie like in ORAS (Bless), I chose to run Fire Blast for Ferrothorn and M-Metagross (which people seem to lead with a lot thinking they can Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch). One of the important things about doing a fat chunk to M-Meta (71 - 83.7% with Fire Blast) is it allows Cloyster to kill it later with +2 Icicle Spear. Another is that M-Meta cannot switch into Tapu Lele's Psychics anymore, as they do 27.9 - 32.8%. Taunt is to prevent other leads from setting up hazards.

The EVs are such that 228 Fire Blast is a guaranteed OHKO on the suggested Ferrothorn Smogon set (252 HP, 168 SpD). Max Speed Naive to maximize Azelf's speed. The remaining 28 EVs went into Atk to have slightly stronger Explosions.

Legs (Pheromosa) @ Poisonium Z

Ability: Beast Boost

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Lonely Nature

- High Jump Kick

- U-turn

- Ice Beam

- Poison Jab

Bluff Scarf Pheromosa is beautiful. At first, I ran Buginium Z. First they'd see U-turn and sleep on my Bug moves... then eventually... Pheromosa would strike with a super powerful bug move. I felt as though this wasn't getting the kills I was expecting and this team was struggling with Tapu Fini, so I chose to run Poisonium Z instead. Here is a calc I have run:

252+ Atk Pheromosa Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 300-354 (87.4 - 103.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It's nearly in my favor to kill the Smogon suggested Tapu Fini every time now. Previously, Specs Tapu Lele was my only way of dealing with Fini, now I can bait Fini in on the presumption that people think their Max HP Max Def Tapu Fini lives my Poison Jab and BAM... it's gone. High Jump Kick is Pheromosa's most powerful STAB and hard to anything to switch into it. U-turn provides scouting to test how opponents react to Pheromosa. U-turn is also decently powerful because STAB boosted. Ice Beam is for Landorus-T and Garchomp. It also 2HKOs Amoongus.

The EVs are to maximize Phermosa's Atk and bluff a Scarf set. Most people when they see that Pheromosa is boosting Atk immediately assume it is Scarfed due to most non-Scarfed Pheromosas running a speed boosting nature. The 4 EVs in SpA are to give Ice Beam a little more power. Lonely nature is chosen to allow Pheromosa to live a Water Shuriken from Specs Greninja (thanks Avidity for the suggestion)

Bane of Terrain (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Psychic Surge

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Psychic

- Psyshock

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Moonblast

This set is still iffy. I haven't had major problems with stall, but I provide two sets for Tapu Lele here: One for those that do not worry about stall, and one for those that do.

Choice Specs Lele hits like a truck. The fact that a Pokemon resists a move doesn’t mean anything. Here are some calcs for your viewing pleasure:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 164-193 (49.1 - 57.7%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 179-211 (44.9 - 53%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 156-185 (48.2 - 57.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Modest allows for Tapu Lele to hit the hardest it can, 2HKOing nearly every single Pokemon that isn’t immune to its Psychic moves. Timid allows Tapu Lele to outspeed max Speed Landorus-T and speed-tie other Tapu Lele.

Psychic and Psyshock on Specs allows Tapu Lele to deal with Special walls such as Chansey. Hidden Power Fire is for Steel types like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Celesteela. Moonblast is STAB that hits Tyranitar and other Dark types.

Running Twisted Spoon over Specs allows Tapu Lele to switch moves and more easily deal with stall. Taunt (instead of Psychic) shuts down most of stall, and there isn’t a need to predict as heavily. One common scenario from stall is forcing Specs Lele to 50/50 between Psyshock and Moonblast with M-Sableye and Chansey.

Psychic Surge not only allows Tapu Lele to avoid getting hit by priority such as M-Metagross and M-Scizor’s Bullet Punch, but the rest of my grounded Pokemon too! Psychic Terrain also boosts the power of Psychic moves. This Pokemon is so fair and balanced.

Max SpA and Max Spe is to maximize Tapu Lele’s offensive presence to deal as much damage as possible. The remaining 4 EVs go in SpD to let it take Special attacks a little better.

Lucy (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Multiscale

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Extreme Speed

- Outrage / Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

Dragonite hits hard and gets many opportunities to set up with its ability and natural bulk. I tried running Weakness Policy in the hopes that people forgot about it since its premier in XY (and gradual falloff), but people seem to assume all Dragonites run Weakness Policy and go for weak moves when Dragonite is at full. Instead, I chose to run Lum Berry because paralysis and burns were annoying as I was setting up. Also it eliminates confusion after using Outrage, which is a little added benefit.

Dragon Dance is its set up move, boosting Atk and Spe by +1. Adamant is run over Jolly to give Dragonite more power, especially in making Extremespeed even stronger, as +1 Extreme Speed OHKOs Pheromosa. Extreme Speed has +2 Priority and will usually go first. It hits fairly hard too with 80 Base Power. Outrage hits harder than Dragon Claw, nailing some essential KOs, but Dragon Claw allows for Dragonite to switch moves. Earthquake hits Heatran, Magnezone, and Tapu Koko.

The EVs are to allow Dragonite to hit as hard as possible. The remaining 4 went into SpD. Be sure to not bring in Dragonite when Stealth Rock is on your side of the field. Multiscale is basically how Dragonite gets an easy Dragon Dance off.

Drill Dozer (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Mold Breaker

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

- Rapid Spin

Excadrill serves a few purposes on this team. Rapid Spin controls hazards. Earthquake and Iron Head are powerful STAB moves. Earthquake nearly OHKOs M-Metagross and Tyranitar and OHKOs Tapu Koko. Iron Head is for Fairy types such as Tapu Lele (though beware, Scarf Lele outspeeds Scarf Excadrill) and Mimikyu. Rock Slide is to hit birds. Running Scarf allows Excadrill to almost always get off a Rapid Spin when it comes out. Excadrill can also sweep late game because of the speed Scarf gives it along with its strong moves.

Jolly is needed to outspeed Pheromosa and Mega Alakazam. Max Speed is to make use of its Scarf and have as much Speed as it can. Max Atk is to do as much damage as possible.

Clamp is Broken (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Skill Link

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly / Adamant Nature

- Shell Smash

- Icicle Spear

- Rock Blast

- Ice Shard

Cloyster is the final threat on this team. When all the threats have been weakened, Cloyster cleans up the game. Jolly is preferred over Adamant because with Jolly, Cloyster can outspeed Scarf Keldeo and Scarf Kartana and KO them after a bit of chip on them.

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 180-210 (55.7 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 156-189 (60.2 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Shell Smash is how Cloyster sets up, giving it +2 Atk, SpA, and Spe while dropping its Def and SpD by -1. Focus Sash allows Cloyster to get a guaranteed Smash off (if hazards are kept off the field). Icicle Spear has 125 Base Power due to Skill Link and is STAB boosted. It is definitely Cloyster’s best attack. Rock Blast also has 125 Base Power with Skill Link and provides super effective coverage for Cloyster against Fire types and other Ice types and hits Water types for neutral. Each of these multi-hit moves also allow Cloyster to bypass Sturdy Pokemon and Focus Sashes. Ice Shard is solid priority that allows Cloyster to avoid getting hit by Sucker Punch (after a Smash) and a fast attack if not boosted.

The Atk and Spe EVs are to maximize Cloyster’s offensive presence and sweep effectively.

THREAT LIST:

M-Sable + Chansey Stall: If running Specs Lele, it becomes a coin toss whether or not you read the opponent correctly to break stall. Should you lose this 50/50, you lose. It’s why I recently thought about running Twisted Spoon + Taunt Lele.

M-Metagross: Hard for this team to flat out kill. Requires whittling it down. A well played M-Metagross destroys this team.

Dugtrio: B4n me please. EQ revenge kills my Pokemon for free.

Pheromosa: Regular Pheromosa gets killed by Excadrill or my priority, but Scarf Pheromosa outspeeds Excadrill and can end up being a real pain.

Greninja / Ash-Greninja: Beats Pheromosa and Scarf Excadrill which are the best counters to Protean. Water Shuriken from Ash-Greninja also kills Excadrill.

Celesteela: You have to repeatedly lure it into Psychics or have already set up on it with Cloyster. Leech Seed whittles this team hard. Nothing really touches this bulky monster.

Ms. Leading (Azelf) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Explosion

- Fire Blast

- Taunt

Legs (Pheromosa) @ Poisonium Z

Ability: Beast Boost

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Lonely Nature

- High Jump Kick

- U-turn

- Ice Beam

- Poison Jab

Bane of Terrain (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Psychic Surge

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Psychic

- Psyshock

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Moonblast

Lucy (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Multiscale

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Extreme Speed

- Outrage

- Earthquake

Drill Dozer (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Mold Breaker

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

- Rapid Spin

Clamp is Broken (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Skill Link

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Shell Smash

- Icicle Spear

- Rock Blast

- Ice Shard

Any suggestions or changes are greatly appreciated!
Sorry I write a lot :v

Last edited:
Team looks fun. Somewhat reminiscent of an Xtrashine HO squad from last gen.

If you're having problems with Celesteela, you could try running Gigavolt Havoc > Extreme Speed on Dragonite. Though this does lessen your ability to deal with extremely fast mons like Pheromosa and Tapu Koko, it also makes the matchup against bulkier mons (Skarmory, Celesteela, Tapu Fini, Toxapex, etc.) better. If you find that Fini isn't much of a problem, then Inferno Overdrive could be a secondary option to help with mons like Ferrothorn and the rest of the steels.

A similar suggestion would be Thunderbolt > Psychic on Tapu Lele. The ability to lure in things like Celesteela and Skarmory is pretty valuable.

Team looks fun. Somewhat reminiscent of an Xtrashine HO squad from last gen.

If you're having problems with Celesteela, you could try running Gigavolt Havoc > Extreme Speed on Dragonite. Though this does lessen your ability to deal with extremely fast mons like Pheromosa and Tapu Koko, it also makes the matchup against bulkier mons (Skarmory, Celesteela, Tapu Fini, Toxapex, etc.) better. If you find that Fini isn't much of a problem, then Inferno Overdrive could be a secondary option to help with mons like Ferrothorn and the rest of the steels.

A similar suggestion would be Thunderbolt > Psychic on Tapu Lele. The ability to lure in things like Celesteela and Skarmory is pretty valuable.
I have thought about running Electrium Z DNite, but I liked how Pheromosa baited in Tapu Finis.
Tbolt Lele is a good idea.

Honestly I thoroughly enjoy the looks of this team and, despite the Greninja weakness, you can play around it.
The one thing that I strongly recommend changing is the Nature on Pheromosa. Lonely > Naughty allows you to take Water Shuriken from Greninja prior to its Ash forme after rocks.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pheromosa: 201-243 (71 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is preferred over Naughty since Bullet Punch from both Mega Metagross and Mega Scizor don't OHKO you anyway and since Greninja is such a threat, Lonely is optimal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)