Semi-Sandstorm Team

Hey, this is my first attempt at a Sandstorm team. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant (+Atk,-SpAtk)
Sand Stream
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Pursuit

Tyranitar is the Sand Inducer. His main function is to start the Sandstorm for Excadrill's sweep ans set Stealth Rocks. The SpDef boost also benefits Cradily's walling capabilities. Furthermore, Tyranitar is a strong offensive threat, utilizing Choice Band.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish (+Def,-SpAtk)
Sturdy
-Roost
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird

Skarmory is the Physical Wall. His typing allows him to switch into the dangerous grass attacks, then proceed to set up Spikes and phaze the opponent, Roosting as needed.

Starmie @ Life Orb
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
Natural Cure
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder Bolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin
Starmie was chosen due to the lack of Special Attackers on the team. Its typing also allows a switch in to Fighting moves aimed at Tyranitar. Rapid Spin lets it clear entry hazards to save Excadrill's Focus Sash.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Adamant (+Atk,-SpAtk)
Sand Rush
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor

Excadrill is the main Sweeper. Once Sandstorm is up, he is very fast. If entry hazards aren't up, his Focus Sash allows a free Swords Dance without the risk of a OHKO. I am interested in what others think about this item choice, as most Excadrill run Life Orb or Air Balloon.

Cradily @ Leftovers
252 HP/160 SpDef/96 Def
Calm (+SpDef,-Atk)
Suction Cups
-Recover
-Energy Ball
-Toxic
-Curse
Cradily is one of the Walls on the team. Sandstorm gives him a welcomes boost in SpDef, and Curse+Recover increases his longevity. once buffed out, Toxic the opponent and Recover until the opponent faints.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Spe
Calm (+SpDef,-Atk)
Cursed Body
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Wil-O-Wisp
-Surf
Jellicent is another Wall, chosen for its immunity to Fighting. Switch her in on a predicted Fighting move, then start spreading Burn status (Scald, Will-O-Wisp) to lower the opponent's Attack as Jellicent's Defense is less than her SpDef

Overall, this set would be used as such: Set up the Sandstorm and Rocks with Tyranitar, and sweep with Excadrill. Starmie is used when Tyranitar/Excadrill can't break a Special Wall. Cradily and Jellicent help to sread Toxic Poison and Burn, as well as be stalling walls. Skarmory walls the dangerous Grass types and phases the opponents for more damage.

Thanks again for looking at my team. I am fairly new to the competitive scene, and appreciate your comments.

This team has major problems with any grass type especially virizion with 1 or 2 calm minds under its belt, it will sweep through your whole team as under calm mind wont let starmies ice beam 1HKO and kill with giga drain. Excadrill cant kill it as it's rock slide isnt powerful enough under to kill it and it will just focus blast it dead in it's tracks (assuming SR is up). The rest of your pokemon are simply outsped and will be roadkill. I suggest using skarmory in place of your crustle as it does what it does 2x aswell. Use a set like this..

name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Roost
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Whirlwind
move 4: Brave Bird
item: Leftovers / Shed Shell
ability: Sturdy
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe

Im pretty new to team rating so please if I make a mistake dont go haywire.

P.S. Add some more detailed descriptions before it gets locked.

Jellicent: scald and WoW shouldnt be on the same set... i suggest changing scald to surf and see how that works for awhile

it doesnt o then never mind then sorry bout that (GF really cheated excadrill with not giving him stone edge)

I really like the fact you're using a Cradily on that team, in the sand his Sp.D is like 9000. I would go for Curse intead of Stockpile, it works alot better (Personal experience).
Also, you don't need two water types.. Switch one in for something that can couter grass types since your team seems to have a major weakness to..

You need to add MUCH more detailed descriptions, and you also need to proof read what you've written. Starmie does not cover your grass weakness.

About your Excadrill, running Rapid Spin and a Focus Sash is pointless, because the minute you come in to spin away entry hazards, your Sash is destroyed. Air Balloon would be a better option. Also, your team is fairly weak to grass, something you should patch up. I think you should replace Crustle with the Skarmory mentioned above and also give Tyranitar Stealth Rock and make him your lead. That way you can pHaze and get a lot of damage on your enemy.

thanks everyone! I have been having much better luck with the new adjustments.
To Guitar: I still dont know which water type to get rid of. and ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)