Semi-Standard Standard

Whats up Dudes, I made this team earlier and im enjoying my time with it so figured id share with you guys and see what you thought about it. I hope you enjoy and as always input is greatly appriciated.​

Team Building

So I was thinking "Who uses Choice Banded T-tar anymore? Ill bring it back" so that's just what I did i started off with this monster.

Next up we have Lucario. After 1 Swords Dance this man can tear through teams with ease with Close Combat and pick off foes late-game with E-speed

Now I started to notice my lack of Special Attack and nothing to take any real physical hits so Reuniclus naturally came to my mind

Since I'm using Sand its natural to have a Gliscor on the team, but i decided to stray away from the usual Poison Heal and went with the Acrobat Sand Veil abuser

Still not feeling satisfied with my Special Attacking i decided that Starmie would go good since he has excellent speed and ability to spin away hazards

When trying to round out the Team i was trying to think of something that could hit and run easily and Landorus came to mind, but of course Scarf is painfully obvious so i opted for SubSD since i do outspeed plenty of thing i can either sub or SD on the switch and if they switch to a flying type i can hit them with a Smackdown and follow up with EQ
And now the time has come for the
Team Breakdown

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

This thing is a powerhouse. he hits 602 Attack right out of gate OHKO just about anything that doesn't resist its hits. 100 Speed lets me outspeed the usual Skarmory set by 1 point 152 hp for max survivability and 252 Atk for obvious reason. Since this guy is the main reason why i made the team I'm not really open to changes by that doesn't mean I'm completely against it

Gliscor (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
Oh boy. Ive always loved Gliscor but I never knew his true potenial until I used this set. Im almost always guaranteed a free Substitute thanks to Sand Veil. and after 1 Swords Dance this dude will sweep at least 2 pokes. Since I do have a Landorus Im willing to change Gliscor for something else since i dint like having 2 things 4x weak to the same type but he is fairly value to the team.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover
As soon as i saw this dude in-game when playing through BW i knew I was going to love this guy. He is easily one of the bulkiest Pokemon to enter the game Magic Guard only making him that much bulkier by stopping anything that would hinder his survivability. I was debating whether or not to go with Offensive TR but then i thought it was counterproductive to my team and only T-tar would really get any benefit from it so i went with the tried and true Calm Mind Set. Psyshock over Psychic for Blissey/Chansey but since Ive already got 4 physical pokes I'm more than likely going to drop it for Psychic. I do have 3 things weak to Bug, but i also have 2 things to resist it and a poke that 1/4ths it​

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
Hardbody. This man. Oh boy you let him set up you're done. and since everyone thinks "oh Landorus? Scarf" I decided to try out a SubSD set, and Ive had success with it. As much as i would like to make this my scarfer its just to painfully obvious. I also don't like how i have 2 pokes that use sub, and that i have 3 pokes that use SD. Honestly I put this dude on just because i was using Sand, it still works but i would like input on how i can change him.​

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
In my opinion Starmie is one of the best spinners in the game. only going up against Tentacruel. and before i get anything for having Illuminate as my ability, I'm not serious about it i just forgot to change it when making the team. Even though my team is weak to rocks its always nice to get rid of any hazards. Surf > Scald because i wanted more offense on him. T-bolt > ice beam because Im more troubled by bulky waters such as Jellicent that grass types.​

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
If you've played competitive Pokemon for more than 15 minutes you know how deadly this guy is. 1 SD and your done. If Close Combat doesn't finish you off then E-speed will on the following turn, unless you're Skarmory in which case you're going to eat another CC for dinner. Ice Punch>Crunch because The only thing that's really for is Jellicant/Gengar and I have T-tar for them.​

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this RMT and input is always appreciated​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)