Sharing Alternative/Lesser Known Pokemon Media

Mimikyu Stardust

Enjoyment
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
(first smogoff post woohoo) Last year, there was this video posted on "Pokemon Kids TV" called "Scraggy and Mimikyu" which as a fan of Mimikyu i was intrigued and watched it. Its an old school looney tunes, tom and jerry type of cartoon where both pokemon get into random cute hijinks which is fun, i thought poketoons was either a one off thing or just a series of fun, kid stuff which i won't go out of my way to watch, but do enjoy.

Now i thought that was it, until few months ago after pokemon released their Piplup Step music video that i searched up poketoon again and found out about this short cartoon/anime called "ユメノツボミ」-ポケモン " or "Pokemon - A Budding Dream" i believe, where its about a young girl named tsubomi (as the title says, yume no tsubomi) where she is a kid that dreams to become a pokemon trainer despite her parents saying she can't and won't make it because her parents used to be trainers themselves that didnt quite make the cut. this video is filled with easter eggs, reference, great animations and more!

Now, after this i wondered, what other Alternative/Lesser Known Pokemon Media is out there as i was looking around, not many people were discussing this new poketoon other than the few youtube videos, and i want to share this with everyone as i think its really neat! (also im p sure they started advertising it on the main pokemon channel yt channel)

If you guys know any other cool animations, project, games, websites, manga, or anything that has to do with pokemon that has been either lost to time, or just not known by many as i know there are games that not many people know like pokemon ranger or anime specials like the Pokemon XYZ Mega Evolutions Special, do share as i want to see and experience them and also discuss them as i think its really fun!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Giovanni had sex with Delia Ketchum to become Ash's father in the lore of Pokemon Gotta Catch 'em Live!, the Pokemon stage musical.

That musical has a bunch of bangers, including performances of some of the songs from the 4Kids CDs and a bunch of other original songs, such as this one that namedrops the Hindenburg disaster:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)