Shedinja Based Team

My Team

This is my first post on Smogon, i also have being playing in Shoddy Battle for a like 2-3 weeks. This isn't my first team. I first came with the idea of a Shedinja team after being 6-0 by a shedinja with a team with no way to deal with it. After i learned the leason and placed a way to kill it i decided to do my own team. At first Heatran Work was done by both Arcanine and a Physical oriented Empoleon, and Zapdos and Donphan work was on Starmie which had no way to get Hail or Sandstorm off. Smeargle wasn't like the one i now used it had Transform (i managed to kill a full team with my oponents pokemon) and spikes instead of ingrain and baton pass. Changes in Bold.

The Anti-Lead​

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP - 4 Def - 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Lunar Dance
- Spore
- Transform
- Trick

Smeargle is still my Lead, but now it is an Anti-Lead, with the Choice Scarf it can now Spore everything not scarfed itself this side of Electrode. If they are Scarfed and do Trick they wont like that i have an Scarf myself. Transform even with Scarf (only one move) allow me to use my opponent Pokemon against them. Lunar Dance allow me to Recover a Pokemon to full Health.

Zapdos​

Zapdos @ Leftover
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP - 252 SpA - 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Grass
- Roost​

Zapdos is here to take out as much from the oponent as possible HP Grass is there for Swampert, Discharge over ThundeBolt for the 30% Paralyze Heat Wave can also get a burn in some opponents, Roost is for Zapdos to live longer. It is no longer my only Special Sweeper.

Shedinja Life Line​

Forretress @ Macho Brace
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP - 112 Atk - 144 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Revenge
- Sunny Day​

Gyro Ball is for killing ghost pokemon which Donphan was unable to. Sunny Day and Rapid Spin is for the saving Shedinja life from Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Hail and Sandstorm, being all of them OHKO for Shedinja. Sunny Day even if it is of usefull for Heatran it is used only for Hail and Sandstorm.​

Physical Sweeper

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP - 252 Atk - 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Brick Brake
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Sword Dance

My new Revenge Killer it also resist some of the counter's of Shedinja. Scizor allow me to kill Blissey which other wise would stop me cold.

The Wonder Guard Sweeper​

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 Spa
- Sword Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor​

Shedinja now dosen't Baton Pass and have Sword Dance instead, Shedinja Sword Dance in the swift it usually force the opponent to, and depending of whom come to counter it it stay or not, depending of the situation it could attack instead of doing an Sword Dance. It still Swift to Heatran on danger.

Shedinja Counter's Surprise​

Heatran @ Leftover
Ability: Fire Flash
EVs: 252 Spe - 252 SpA - 4 SpD
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Electric/Grass
- Taunt

Being inmune to Toxic, having resistance from almost all Shedinja Counters and even liking Fire Moves she comes in if Shedinja is in danger. Taunt prevent some pokemon to set up or heal, Earth Power is for other Heatra/Fire Pokemon, i still Haven't decided Between Fire Blast or Flamethrower. Hidden Power Electric seen to be better than Grass but i'm not to sure.

Any feedback or recomendation is greatly apreciated. And if you read this all it is enough for me to give you my thanks xD after all i had to write it twice (I had some troubles).​

i think you should make shedinja a "sweeper" with Swords Dance, and I REALLY DON't recommend physical heatran.
zapdos should have some screens.

i think you should make shedinja a "sweeper" with Swords Dance, and I REALLY DON't recommend physical heatran.
zapdos should have some screens.
The idea of Shedinja having Baton Pass is to get the boost it get from Ninjask to Heatran or sometimes Donphan and worst come to worst Zapdos, but only if i don't have ingrain, since Zapdos would really hate it. Baton Pass also would let me change of pokemon escaping from a certain death a the hand's os a pursuit.

About the Screens on Zapdos they would more likely be comsumed by Ninjask boost period.

I would seriously recommend having some other way of dealing with entry hazards on your team. Perhaps a more dedicated anti lead, in addition to your rapid spinner. You don't need stealth rocks as much if your main sweeper is going to be immune to damage, so eliminating one of the sources of damage that it isn't immune to has a greater priority I think.

Weavile could be interesting, with it's ability to destroy Aerodactyl, and azelf (if the azelf is running colbur berry, then you 2hko with night slash, and they have a choice between setting up rocks or breaking your sash). Taunt allows it to prevent stealth rocks on slower leads (of which there are quite a lot). Counter is for the numerous physical based anti leads out there that you can't deal with using ice/dark attacks. Machamp, TTar (you're still going to be koed by sandstream), metagross, etc etc.

I would seriously recommend having some other way of dealing with entry hazards on your team. Perhaps a more dedicated anti lead, in addition to your rapid spinner. You don't need stealth rocks as much if your main sweeper is going to be immune to damage, so eliminating one of the sources of damage that it isn't immune to has a greater priority I think.

Weavile could be interesting, with it's ability to destroy Aerodactyl, and azelf (if the azelf is running colbur berry, then you 2hko with night slash, and they have a choice between setting up rocks or breaking your sash). Taunt allows it to prevent stealth rocks on slower leads (of which there are quite a lot). Counter is for the numerous physical based anti leads out there that you can't deal with using ice/dark attacks. Machamp, TTar (you're still going to be koed by sandstream), metagross, etc etc.
Being true i selected Smeargle only because i liked her, it in the practice got the important job of givin me ingrain once i lost 3 Sword Dance against a Roar. Even so it is interesting what you say, but the lost of Ingrain can prove to be fatal.

Be aware that Hail and Sandstorm will kill Shedinja, so maybe attaching a Sunny Day [which would benefit opposing dragon types] or Rain Dance [which would weaken Heatran] may be a considerable idea

Be aware that Hail and Sandstorm will kill Shedinja, so maybe attaching a Sunny Day [which would benefit opposing dragon types] or Rain Dance [which would weaken Heatran] may be a considerable idea
My team have Donphan that have sunny day, rain dance may be better, that way no one would think i have a heatran and zapdos could use then thunder over discharge... but i would have to get Donphan off.

My bad, Weavile doesn't actually completely destroy aerodactyl. I was under the impression that ice shard was a OHKO. It is a 2HKO, so aero has a choice much like Azelf of setting up rocks or breaking a sash.

My bad, Weavile doesn't actually completely destroy aerodactyl. I was under the impression that ice shard was a OHKO. It is a 2HKO, so aero has a choice much like Azelf of setting up rocks or breaking a sash.
Most Aero's carry Focus Sash anyway, so theyll almost always set up rocks.

the problem with donphan as a spinner is that the most common ghost, rotom-a, has his way with him. Since you need a garunteed spin, I would reccomend foresight hitmontop.

the problem with donphan as a spinner is that the most common ghost, rotom-a, has his way with him. Since you need a garunteed spin, I would reccomend foresight hitmontop.
lets see foresight - rapid spin - sunny day and one attack mmm... i would prefer something that would be able to kill the ghost in question i do know donphan need to be changed. I have thinked of Starmie and Kabutops both getting a benefit from rain dance and both having rapid spin. Starmie would have Thunder and Surf, while Kabutops Stone Edge o Waterfall and Aqua Jet. Any suggestions?

Bump - And i also edited the main post, i'm thinking of replacing Donphan for forretress, and i'm testing it atm.

I would definilty recommend the hitmontop. Also I think your Shedninja should'nt have toxic. I would recommend replacing Ninijask with Vaporeon, who can pass a sub, to shedninja, and then Shedninja could get a swords dance.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Substitue
- Surf

And for the Shedninja set it should be:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor

I would also Recommend putting Dugtrio on your team so your can gurantee KO on tyrannitar who will automatically destroy shedninja with sandstream.

Might I be the first to recommend a Starmie Anti Lead. Starmie handles most of todays lead exceptionally well. Starmie will also grant you a priceless gift for a team such as this, it will lure out Tyranitars (particularly scarfed ones) to pursuit it. Then you will know not to send shedinja in until it is safe.

Starmie @ Lum Berry
Timid-252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Psychic
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

This starmie can handle tons of leads. Specifically ones that use hazards:

Aerodactyl-destroyed by hydro Pump and then rapid spin the rocks away and take out its last HP

Infernape-Use Psychic and rapid spin and completely ignore fake out

Roserade- Absorb Sleep Powder and then double Psychic

Metagross-this one is trickyer, but Hydro Pump will 2HKO

Heatran-Destroyed by Hydro Pump

Azelf-see aerodactyl

Swampert-I believe that Hydro Pump will 2HKO and you can use rapid spin on whatever comes out or switch to your (hopefully, new) hitmontop to Rapid Spin

Uxie-will give you problems, but this poke is hardly seen at all and Hydro Pump still does respectible damage

Next lets switch your Donphan to a Hitmontop with Rapid Spin+Forsight. Also I would completely kick the baton pass idea. It just doesn't work nowadays. I would change heatran back to special and put in a SD Scizor. Everyone automatically thinks CB so SD Scizor would be a great surprise as well, and he also happens to be the bane of tyranitar's existence, who is the bane of shedinja's existence, and with all those pursuiters aimed at your shedinja and (hopfully, new) starmie, you'll have him set up in no time.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant-252 Atk/188 HP/60 Spe
Ability-Technician
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Quick Attack/Bug Bite

You can use an alternate 252/252 spread if you want, but I like this one as scizor normally uses priority anyways and you can outspeed all base 70s with minimum investment.

HOPE I HELPED (sorry for the incredibly long post)

Your team's success relies on the elimination of entry hazards such as Stealth Rock with Rapid Spin. However this is almost impossible if the opponent has a Rotom-A as it will block Rapid Spin from both Donphan and Forretress. Standard Rotom-A can also take on your whole team by itself with the exception of maybe Zapdos. In order to take out Rotom-A and allow yourself to spin away entry hazards, I recommend changing Heatran into the standard ScarfTran instead of a physical variant like you have to better deal with Rotom-A.

If i change Ninjask it won't be for another Baton Passer, so no Vaporeon, i changed the Toxic for Sucker Punch.

Hitmontop surely gotta be better than Donphan but will try with forretress first. The Starmie/Scizor sounds good gotta think about it, but lossing my Ninjask will hurt my hearth xD.

If i do get rid of Ninjask i will change to a Special Heatran and maybe even if i don't. I will talk about this with my pillow, then i maybe make a choice or try some things out.

dont use physical heatran and instead of wasting a moveslot with sunny day on donphan why not change zapdos to the rain dance set that way you can abuse thunders 100% accuracy under rain, whilst still clearing the weather for shedinja.

lets see foresight - rapid spin - sunny day and one attack mmm... i would prefer something that would be able to kill the ghost in question i do know donphan need to be changed. I have thinked of Starmie and Kabutops both getting a benefit from rain dance and both having rapid spin. Starmie would have Thunder and Surf, while Kabutops Stone Edge o Waterfall and Aqua Jet. Any suggestions?
My Blastoise has always been a loyal rapid spinner for me. It has lots of resistances, can spread status, sort of benefits from rain dance, and, if you go bold nature, can survive almost any physical attack. (sorry for the really long sentence)

Physical Heatran? Why? I understand that you want to pass SD boosts to it, however, Heatran's attack is less than satisfactory, and since this is not a complete baton pass team, it will most likely not recieve those boosts anyway. You should try a scarf set- it works wonders as a revenge killer ;)

I personally use a set like the following:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Speed 4 HP
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass

Try it. You may like it. Maybe.

I did some changes now i don't have a baton passer in my team i replaced it with Scizor and i changed Donphan for Forretress, Smeargle became an anti-lead to prevent Steal Rock from coming into game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)