ORAS OU Shedinja Stall

I've always had a fondness towards Shedinja, and I know he's rather difficult to make viable, but I'm willing to try to make it work in the format of a stall team. Originally was designed to play for fun, but I've actually have done quite well with this team in the past few days and would like to see if anyone here can bring something new to me that I may have overlooked so without further ado, Shedinja Stall.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dig
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-o-wisp

The EVs and Protect is pretty self explanatory. Dig is moreso a second protect that deals damage the next turn. Will-o-wisp to chip away if the opponent's mon avoided the toxic spikes, and Shadow Sneak as a priority move rather than used for STAB.
I tried to not make the entire team focused around Shed, but rather him just be another mon to chip away at opponents and as a pivot.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Keen Eye -> Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Foul Play

Fake Out is used as another turn for burn/toxic to do its thing. Knock Off to eliminate those pesky items, and Foul Play to take out the bulkier of mons.
Sableye is essential to almost every stall team so it's no surprise to see him in this list. He's rather vanilla, but so far he's done very well.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

I typically either open with this mon or Sableye depending on the preview before the battle so that I can lay down Toxic Spikes as quickly as possible.
This mon has proven to be quite the asset to this team, chips most opponent's mons with Toxic Spikes, eliminating hazards with Rapid Spin, making stat boosts irrelevant with Haze, and finally, Scald for the STAB. Although it's moreso used to try and burn, but the STAB isn't unwelcome either.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey acts as the cleric of the team. Toxic is used on mons you avoid Toxic Spikes or if Toxic Spikes aren't out. Heal Bell to cure my team. Seismic Toss as another form of chipping, and Soft-Boiled to ensure she stays out for the long haul.
This mon is particularly I feel like I could use the most help with. I am unsure of the ability and moveset. I feel like it could be optimized a little more.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 24 HP / 240 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Jirachi acts as the Ferro and Fairy killer of the team with Iron Head and Fire Punch. Wish is used to heal itself as well as potentially healing another mon of the team when used with U-turn.
Although I really like Jirachi on the team, I don't like the moveset as much, and it's something I wish to improve upon.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Study
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Drill Peck

Skarmory is the other hazard setter of the team, but maybe I'm relying too much on it with having both Spikes and Stealth Rock? And maybe Rocky Helmet should be Leftovers?
Regardless, Skarmory does its job well, and even when I switch into a bad situation it has sturdy, and I can either Roost or Wish it's HP back.
Brave Bird is there to take out Tangrowth and Venusaur, but so far I haven't really needed it so maybe it's wasted slot.

While I have mentioned above that this team has done fairly well in my testings it is weak to Charizard Y, Gliscor, sand/hail teams, and teams that don't care about Toxic Spikes i.e. can avoid or remove them altogether. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)