Shedinja

HP: 1
Atk: 90
Def: 45
SpA: 30
SpD: 30
Spe: 40

Ability:
Wonder Guard: The Pokémon is only harmed by Super Effective damage, weather effects and condition effects.

Code:
[B]Level-Up Moves[/B]

Lv1 Scratch
Lv1 Harden
Lv5 Leech Life
Lv9 Sand-Attack
Lv14 Fury Swipes
Lv19 Mind Reader
Lv25 Spite
Lv31 Confuse Ray
Lv38 Shadow Sneak
Lv45 Grudge
Lv52 Heal Block
Lv59 Shadow Ball

[B]TM/HMs Learned[/B]

TM01 Hone Claws
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM19 Telekinesis
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solar Beam
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM37 Sandstorm
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM54 False Swipe
TM61 Will-o-wisp
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM68 Giga Impact
TM70 Flash
TM76 Struggle Bug
TM81 X-Scissor
TM85 Dream Eater
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
HM01 Cut

[B]Egg Moves[/B]

Endure
Faint Attack 
Gust
Silver Wind 
Bug Buzz
Night Slash 
Bug Bite
Final Gambit

[B]Gen IV Move Tutor[/B]

Giga Drain
Secret Power 
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Fury Cutter
Sucker Punch
Trick 
Snore
Mud-slap
String Shot
GBU Doubles Sets
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Ability: Wonder Guard
- Shadow Sneak / Shadow Claw
- X-Scissor
- Sunny Day
- Protect

• Wonder Guard, an ability unique to Shedinja, allows immunity to all attacks that aren't of the Flying, Fire, Ghost, Dark, or Rock type.
  • Shedinja works well with Earthquake, Discharge, and Surf abusers because of said ability.
  • Shedinja can disrupt Rain teams with Sunny Day, as most are unprepared against it.
  • Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw works for Shedinja's Ghost STAB. Shadow Sneak having priority, while Shadow Claw has more power.
  • It's Bug / Ghost typing gives Shedinja powerful STAB's, but also brings about quite a few weaknesses.
  • Focus Sash allows Shedinja to live through two hits.
  • Shedinja loses to Hail and Sandstorm if it does not use Sunny Day, as well as abilities that sap health, Mold Breaker, and moves such as Leech Seed. The absence of entry hazards in Doubles makes it easier to use Shedinja.

So Shedinja seems gimmicky at a glance but in my own experience it's destroyed Rain teams. Discuss!

Haven't used this guy but I've certainly considered it. His mere presence on the team plays some nice head games with the opponent, since they need to make sure they have something to kill him with when - or if - he comes out.

I wouldn't say Shedinja "loses to hail". As long as he keeps using Sunny Day it won't kill him, and most hail abusers have nothing else to hit him with.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you're not prepared for Shedinja it can basically wreck you so don't underestimate this little bug!

most people do tend to have moves that can damage it, but if played correctly it can be an excellent supporter and give your opponent a tough time, even more so in singles where it can spread confusion, toxic, or will-o-wisp the opponent on the switch if they don't have the right moves to beat it.

if you're not prepared for Shedinja it can basically wreck you so don't underestimate this little bug!

most people do tend to have moves that can damage it, but if played correctly it can be an excellent supporter and give your opponent a tough time, even more so in singles where it can spread confusion, toxic, or will-o-wisp the opponent on the switch if they don't have the right moves to beat it.
The best I've gotten out of Shedinja was while not even using it to battle - the ability to literally know what three Pokémon the opponent will bring is very useful, it allows me to arrange my team to counter their Shedinja-killers. It makes people paranoid, yes; but the actual effort required to keep it alive usually isn't worth the results you'll get from it on the battlefield.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The best I've gotten out of Shedinja was while not even using it to battle - the ability to literally know what three Pokémon the opponent will bring is very useful, it allows me to arrange my team to counter their Shedinja-killers. It makes people paranoid, yes; but the actual effort required to keep it alive usually isn't worth the results you'll get from it on the battlefield.
In both ways it works, different styles for different players. If you see your opponent has nothing to beat it, might as well use it, but if not you can lure out your opponent's Shedinja counters, and benefit from it that way. All different forms of strategy.

Basically Shedinja is a 1 trick pony. I never use it, but I always have know that I need at least one pokemon who can hit it on a team. But essentially, Shedinja's rain team check is what will most likely make it used on team the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)