Shell Bell from Hell

Hello everyone!! I made this team a few weeks ago which revolves around a cheap gimmick, a level one aron with shell bell. it's been a ton of fun to use and ladder with, although it certainly has its flaws, i'm pretty proud of it because although i'm sure it has been done before, i came up with the sandstorm + shell bell aron idea myself. I'm looking for help improving it without making massive changes (like changing 3+ pokes or something).

Anyways lets get to the team!!

Aron @ Shell Bell
Trait: Sturdy
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
- Endeavor
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

First up is the mvp of the team. The strategy is very simple, but strangely enough, many players don't know how to handle it, and in almost every situation i can get at LEAST one or two KO's using it. At full health, Aron has 12 hp, and after taking ANY hit in the entire OU metagame, Sturdy will bring him down to 1 hp. whether he has 12 or 1 hp, endeavor is the move of choice, which will bring your opponent down to very low hp (12 or 1 usually) and the Shell Bell will heal Aron back to full health. The tricky part of this team is that because of Hippowdon's sandstorm, all pokemon who are not steel, rock, or ground type (or those with magic guard) will faint because of sandstorm after one use of endeavor. this brings aron back to full health and the strategy can be reused on whatever poke is sent in. stealth rock is just an extra move for when you can obviously not switch out and will not be able to get a KO on whatever poke you're facing, and Toxic is basically just filler.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Whirlwind

This is nearly always my lead. since it is the slowest weather starter, it guarantees that i get sandstorm up right away. It has exceptional bulk, and can often take out a few major threats, Landorus-T and Garchomp with ice fang. Hippowdon's weather starting ability is the cornerstone of this team, because both Stoutland AND aron depend on it to be able to get any KOs.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This is my main revenge killer, who is extremely effective thanks to its ability, sand rush. with an Adamant nature, after sand rush, Stoutland can outspeed all pokemon with speeds lower than base 110 choice scarf users. Basically this means the entire tier, both boosted and unboosted. it's attack is formidable as well, and pursuit really comes in handy taking out pokemon who are immune to Aron's endeavor, namely Gengar and Jellicent.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 56 Spd / 248 HP / 204 Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Xatu with magic bounce is the poke i chose over a rapid spinner, simply because he fits this team so well. this can occasionally mean trouble, because if hazards DO happen to get down, it means aron is almost useless without sturdy in tact, however it usually makes up for it in it's ability to nab a few key kills, namely scizor and ferrothorn, who are otherwise a huge threat to my team. I use rocky helmet because Xatu is somewhat a physical wall, AND because I can switch into it after Aron uses an endeavor and i know another physical attack is coming. Another perk to Xatu is that he stops EVERY BRELOOM SET in its tracks (besides the extremely rare choice scarf + stone edge set). He bounces back spore, and blasts him away with a super effective heat wave, often after breloom takes damage from the rocky helmet. roost is to increase survivability, and toxic can occasionally be useful. U-turn gets its use when Xatu is up against a faster pokemon, because it allows some damage to be dealt, and for the switch to aron to be more safe.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Endure

classic trapper, mostly for pesky steel types that don't take sandstorm damage and for opposing weather inducers (although politoed must be weakened first). I ran endure to help ensure maximum power Reversals, although earthquake is usually what sees the most use. Dugtrio is great to get rid of Jirachi, (especially those running thunder) who otherwise stops the rest of my team cold.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SDef / 88 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect
- Power Whip

finally, Ferrothorn helps me take care of rain teams. The strategy tends to be that i use leech seed and powerwhip to phase opponents out while racking up spikes damage. At any sign of hazards or status inducers i switch to Xatu who can bounce them back. protect is for scouting, and power whip was chosen over gyro ball for the super effective damage vs water types, which is ferothorn's main job. Ferrothorn's iron spikes can be used just as xatu's rocky helmet, to eliminate physically attacking ground, rock, and steel types who can't be KOed by sandstorm after aron's endeavor.

That's the team!! I would greatly appreciate any advice concerning Evs, movesets, or even major changes like a couple of pokes! feel free to steal it as much as you'd like, i would be flattered!!

Hey there. To clarify, I'm pretty sure that many ShellBell + Endeavor strategies have been used in the past, especially with Aron. So try not reinstate yourself as the creator of this strategy. Just because nobody made an RMT about this yet does not mean you made it.

Now that the rant's over, onto some changes. Though Magic Bounce is good and all, it cannot block hazards 100%, from things like Tyranitar. If I was facing this team, I would be definitely be trying my hardest to get SR off the field. I would swap Xatu for a Leftovers Starmi3.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252SAtk, 252Spd, 4HP
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Hope I helped!

(PS. Remember there's no need to reinvent the wheel.)

Oh, i didn't at all mean that I was the first to use shell bell endeavor, or that i was the first to use Shell bell Endeavor + Sandstorm, i'm just saying that I didn't copy it from anywhere. I'm sure it has been done before, but i came up with this without stealing it.

But thank you for the advice!! i've been trying a few games with your changes and two of them i have been completely murdered by breloom. However i have had much more success against tyranitar, and also against rain teams, who gave me some trouble in the past. i'll be testing it further for sure.

Hi, Skidog13! Quite a gimmicky team you've got there! ;)

I have come up with some adjustments to your team, to improve it to the better, so I'm just gonna list 'em up:
Give Hippowdon 12 Speed EV's (to outspeed other Hippo's), Give Aron HP Rock, instead of Iron Head (not abig deal, but it hits Shedinja) and finally, change Dugtrio's EV and IV spread to this:

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 12 HP / 244 Atk
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SDef

Ok, the IV's make him as fragile as possible, but he has enpugh HP to take 2 Seismic Tosses / Night Shades after SR (leaves him with 1HP)

Other than that, you should get a rapid spinner. When your opponent sees the Aron, getting rocks up will be one of thei first priorities, and Lead Garchomp, Infernape and Terrakion sets it up with not much to fear. The best candidates thatcome to my mind is Starmie, Donphan, Sandslash, Cloyster or Tentacruel.

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)