Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Ok froakie, I added you to the results spreadsheet. Feel free to go there to update your findings; it's alot better than posting back here tbh. It does all the calculations as we go.

btw, it's on page 8 of this thread.

yes i want one but no one can say if its a scam for sure before i have it .... ich would give 2 shinys too

i would need a photo (whith OT) and infos of the pokemon to check it (EVs)

Alright, I wanna help out.

I received the Shiny Charm recently.

Prior to that I had done a few Masuda Hunts (Without the Charm)

Ralts (1 egg)
Cyndaquil (6 eggs)
Froakie (141 Eggs)
Charmander (300 eggs)
Honedge (642 eggs)
Pinsir (599 eggs)

I don't know if I have TERRIBLE luck but since receiving the charm I started a Shiny Klefki hunt, I'll pledge 1200 eggs.

1040 so far. 0 Shinies.

Alright, I wanna help out.

I received the Shiny Charm recently.

Prior to that I had done a few Masuda Hunts (Without the Charm)

Ralts (1 egg)
Cyndaquil (6 eggs)
Froakie (141 Eggs)
Charmander (300 eggs)
Honedge (642 eggs)
Pinsir (599 eggs)

I don't know if I have TERRIBLE luck but since receiving the charm I started a Shiny Klefki hunt, I'll pledge 1200 eggs.

1040 so far. 0 Shinies.
Could you tell me what balls those shinies you mentioned are in? I'm curious.

And also, you did 1040 since receiving the shiny charm?

Could you tell me what balls those shinies you mentioned are in? I'm curious.

And also, you did 1040 since receiving the shiny charm?
Ralts (Pokeball)
Cyndaquil (Pokeball)
Froakie (Pokeball)
Charmander (Dusk Ball)
Honedge (Pokeball)
Pinsir (Premiere Ball)

I don't know how that's relevant but... there you have it.

And yes, I made that clear in my post.

Seems getting the charm has only made it harder for me to get the shiny lol.

I think there may be a higher chance to hatch a shiny if the Pokemon has a ball that matches its shiny. I hatched 800 eggs using Masuda with no luck. After that I switched to Maractus in Nest Ball, at egg 830 I got a shiny one. I then switched to Lopunny in a Love Ball, at 870 I got a shiny. IMMEDIATELY after, at egg 871, I got a shiny Dunsparce in a Heal Ball. I really think this is programmed in guys. 2 shinies in a fucking row.
this seems like a stretch but who am i to judge. i feel theres reason to believe that "MASUDA ENCOUNTERS" exist in this game where if the pokemon at front of your party is foreign your chances increase but then again i'm insane

EDIT: ALSO UPDATED ORIGINAL PLEDGE FROM 1K to 2K

Last edited:
Ralts (Pokeball)
Cyndaquil (Pokeball)
Froakie (Pokeball)
Charmander (Dusk Ball)
Honedge (Pokeball)
Pinsir (Premiere Ball)

I don't know how that's relevant but... there you have it.

And yes, I made that clear in my post.

Seems getting the charm has only made it harder for me to get the shiny lol.
Yeah, after that I don't think the ball matters that much. It would have been more convincing if you had hatched your ralts in something other than a pokeball.

I also added you to the spreadsheet.

And Shigzilla90, next time I go friend safari hunting, I'll try that out.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think there may be a higher chance to hatch a shiny if the Pokemon has a ball that matches its shiny. I hatched 800 eggs using Masuda with no luck. After that I switched to Maractus in Nest Ball, at egg 830 I got a shiny one. I then switched to Lopunny in a Love Ball, at 870 I got a shiny. IMMEDIATELY after, at egg 871, I got a shiny Dunsparce in a Heal Ball. I really think this is programmed in guys. 2 shinies in a fucking row.
This is absolutely false.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Updated the spreadsheet layout and added a few indicators along with some more statistics like uncertainty.

23,869 eggs, 48 shinies.

1:497 (closest to 8:4096, which is 6+2... exactly like last gen). Will be interesting to see how things progress!

Got the Shiny Charm recently so decided to try MM'ing some Shinies.

Hatched 690 eggs, got 4 shinies.

Shinies at egg #220, #290, #320 and #690. Will continue with Karrablast since all 3 had normal Abilities, first was Bouffalant.

Update: 18th Jan 2014
5 Shinies at 1455 eggs, updated excel sheet with my data.

Update: 20th Jan 2014
6 Shinies at 1720 eggs, updated excel sheet.

Update: 21st Jan 2014
6 Shinies at 2010 eggs, updated excel sheet.

Update: 22st Jan 2014
7 Shinies at 2290 eggs, updated excel sheet.

Update: 28th Jan 2014
7 Shinies, 2804 eggs, updated excel sheet.

Update 29th Jan 2014
9 Shinies, 3049 eggs, updated excel sheet.

Last edited:
Now that's what I call being lucky. Good breeding there. Also if it's not too much of a hassle, do you think I could get one of your female Buneary offspring that's in a Love Ball? I've been looking for some these past couple days but to no avail. I don't really care for IVs, but that Love Ball would be awesome!

I am trying to hatch Arons as well. I caught a shiny shuppet in the safari haha. Mega Banette is awesome.

I have the shiny charm and am still going through the first 100 Aron eggs.
Mega Banette is dope.

Obtained Shiny Charm. Hatched 1000 Tynamo eggs with no results.
KOR ditto
ENG tynamo

Both 6ivs
6iv dittos are all hacked/generated. That could be a problem because you don't know exactly if the 3ds and cartridge region is okay for masuda. I suggest you to use a parent obtained through GtS, maybe from the same egg group of your tynamo. Just an advice... I'm doing that and have hatched two shinies in 500 eggs.

6iv dittos are all hacked/generated. That could be a problem because you don't know exactly if the 3ds and cartridge region is okay for masuda. I suggest you to use a parent obtained through GtS, maybe from the same egg group of your tynamo. Just an advice... I'm doing that and have hatched two shinies in 500 eggs.
It goes by language, not region. Region only determines your vivillon pattern. My French pokemon on my Y that I bought in the United States has successfully MM at least 06 pokemon that I know of for other people who live in the United States. Otherwise, how would pokemon from previous generations be used as foreign parents as the regular DS didn't have a region to select? (You could select it on the GTS, but there's a reason two English pokemon from different countries don't count as foreign).

There's a reason they have language markers in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)