Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

6iv dittos are all hacked/generated. That could be a problem because you don't know exactly if the 3ds and cartridge region is okay for masuda. I suggest you to use a parent obtained through GtS, maybe from the same egg group of your tynamo. Just an advice... I'm doing that and have hatched two shinies in 500 eggs.
That's not the case with my ditto, before obtaining the shiny charm with it I hatched a misdreavus in 18 eggs and a trubbish in 162. Just having a streak of bad luck I guess. As long as the ditto has the tag it's good.

It goes by language, not region. Region only determines your vivillon pattern. My French pokemon on my Y that I bought in the United States has successfully MM at least 06 pokemon that I know of for other people who live in the United States. Otherwise, how would pokemon from previous generations be used as foreign parents as the regular DS didn't have a region to select? (You could select it on the GTS, but there's a reason two English pokemon from different countries don't count as foreign).

There's a reason they have language markers in the game.
If that's the case, will the traded Japanese Riolu I have that previously had a Japanese nickname (リオル) be still eligible for MM? It evolved into Lucario, then its nickname changed into Lucario (English) since リオル is literally Riolu, non-nicknamed.

6iv dittos are all hacked/generated. That could be a problem because you don't know exactly if the 3ds and cartridge region is okay for masuda. I suggest you to use a parent obtained through GtS, maybe from the same egg group of your tynamo. Just an advice... I'm doing that and have hatched two shinies in 500 eggs.
There could be some truth to this because I've hatched now 1250 Klefki eggs to no luck and I'm using a Shiny 6IV Japanese Dito which is most likely hacked or cloned.

I'll try getting a Japanese Pokemon to breed with my Klefki and see if things change to prove this.

My pledge for 1200 eggs was reached with zero Shinies.

Last edited:
If that's the case, will the traded Japanese Riolu I have that previously had a Japanese nickname (リオル) be still eligible for MM? It evolved into Lucario, then its nickname changed into Lucario (English) since リオル is literally Riolu, non-nicknamed.
If it has "JPN" language marker on the summary screen, then yes.

Also worth noting that eggs that originate in another language are still considering the language of the game cartridge they originated on. So if I took an egg from my French game, and hatched it on my English game, even though the name is in English, it will still have the "FRE" marker on the summary screen. This Smeargle was hatched that way. Vivillon patterns are the same way, so you can hatch all patterns to have your OT if you get the egg from someone who has that particular pattern.

It was like this in Gen 4 and 5 (and I presume 3).

Attachments

If it has "JPN" language marker on the summary screen, then yes.

Also worth noting that eggs that originate in another language are still considering the language of the game cartridge they originated on. So if I took an egg from my French game, and hatched it on my English game, even though the name is in English, it will still have the "FRE" marker on the summary screen. This Smeargle was hatched that way. Vivillon patterns are the same way, so you can hatch all patterns to have your OT if you get the egg from someone who has that particular pattern.

It was like this in Gen 4 and 5 (and I presume 3).
Alright.

But saythe Ditto I'm talking about has its name in Japanese and it says JAP as the language Marking, BUT was created or cloned in an english cartdridge, will the Masuda Work?

Alright.

But saythe Ditto I'm talking about has its name in Japanese and it says JAP as the language Marking, BUT was created or cloned in an english cartdridge, will the Masuda Work?
There's no reason it shouldn't. It "originated" from Japan if it has the Japanese marker.

Take a look at my Garchomp from Gen 5. Note the language for the trainer is English, even though font is the English font the Japanese games use. The Garchomp's egg was a mystery egg given to me a player whose game was in English. I could revert her name to Japanese, and her language will still remain English. (And will reflect being English when I can send her forward) Grimer is just a random pokemon I caught on that game, to reflect that the game is actually Japanese. This remains unchanged in Gen 6, as you can see with my smeargle.

Attachments

Alright.

I've MM'd twice with my 6iv Korean Ditto pre shiny charm. We're just having bad luck

Right Now Collecting Pokemon For dex ( 614/718 )

Once Charm acquired
ill start Hatching Rotom
5iv Jpn Rotom X Eng Ditto
Goal: Acquire Shiny in Under 1500 Eggs. Will report back once Shiny found / Acquired Charm.

Got a shiny flawless (5IV) Eevee 475 eggs in, but it didn't have its DW ability so I'm going to keep going. :D
(Updated original post as well)

Just making sure everyone realises this - we are ONLY interested in your results if you have obtained the Shiny Charm. For ease of making sure everyone understands, please use 'Shiny Charm' somewhere in your post so we know you completely understand. As much as we appreciate everyone offering to hatch eggs, you're only hindering our results by providing data without owning the Shiny Charm.
Just bumping this to the current page.

There could be some truth to this because I've hatched now 1250 Klefki eggs to no luck and I'm using a Shiny 6IV Japanese Dito which is most likely hacked or cloned.

I'll try getting a Japanese Pokemon to breed with my Klefki and see if things change to prove this.

My pledge for 1200 eggs was reached with zero Shinies.
Whereas I've hatched just over 400 eggs with two shinies using an identical ditto. It's all in the odds.

Updating my post on page 2 again.

Hatched a Shiny Love Ball Buneary only ~60 eggs after my last Shiny Koffing. That's 3 shinies in roughly ~160 eggs!

Came to update: no shinies hatched from eggs 401-500 (post #92). I have a lot of 5IV Shuppets with Disable, Destiny Bond, and Pursuit lying in my boxes now. Tortured_Soul, can I trade you for one of your female Love Ball Buneary offspring?

Came to update: no shinies hatched from eggs 401-500 (post #92). I have a lot of 5IV Shuppets with Disable, Destiny Bond, and Pursuit lying in my boxes now. Tortured_Soul, can I trade you for one of your female Love Ball Buneary offspring?
Yeah not a problem, give me 30 mins or so as I have other trades to complete. Send me a message with your FC and I'll get back to you.

Hi guys i decided to help as well got the shiny charm two days ago
Hatched a shiny feebas in my 6th egg
Now masuding for a shiny stealth rock skarmory 205 eggs hatched no shiny

my initial target is 400 eggs :)

Last edited:
Finished my pledge of 1000 eggs. 4 hatched shiny. Seeing we're still reasonably far from the goal I'll likely hatch more eggs for the research but for now I'll take a bit of a break. Updated spreadsheet.

Updated my first post (#169)
Still going on ralts (trying for Gallade, so it has to be male...could be a while...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)