Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets shinys in like 100 eggs, and I'm about to reach 300 and still no shiny.

I'm trying for a shiny cyndaquil and I'll do 100 eggs to start with

Edit: First 100 done, no shiny - Eng Cyndaquil and Jap Ditto. Will now do 100 more.
Edit: 101-200, no shiny yet - will now do another 100 as above
Edit: 201-300, no shiny - will do another 100

Last edited:
Wow. Wasn't even trying, but I got a shiny Torchic @ egg # 1513. I was just trying to get a 3-5 IV female with speed boost & baton pass... Oh well, this shiny is both. A female shiny starter w/hidden ability and 4IVs... So rare!

Special modest honedge is next on my list XD

I have done 2000 with 4 shiny. I will do another 1000 and let you know how it goes.

Egg #369 shiny Bulbasaur
Egg #585 shiny Squirtle
Egg #604 shiny Riolu
Egg #957 shiny Noibat

Still working on getting to 1000 which will be 3000 eggs in total

Last edited:
update. 500 larvitar eggs and no shiny. unlucky? and the larvitar eggs take FOREVER to hatch even with hatching o-power 3

Hi guys! I got my shiny charm last night. I hatched 60 eggs and no shiny >.> Will be hatching more later tonight! I will add myself to the spreadsheet

Edit: I pledged another 30 eggs and still no shiny. For a total of 90 eggs now. I will update the spreadsheet.

Edit 2: Just did another 30 eggs and nothing =[ Making it a total of 120 eggs for today.

Last edited:
Updated the spread sheet and my post. Only hatched 120 eggs so far. I'm going slow, but any progress is progress I suppose.

Perhaps we can link the spread sheet on the first post rather than having to dig it out each time?

I signed up to help out- I pledge batches of 100 (reformatted at 1000 to stop thread from going too long!)

currently on 2250+ jap ditto english lucario

0-1000 1 shiny (#540 Kangaskhan)
1001-2000 3 shinies #1344 Fletchling, Big Pecks :(, 1837 Drilbur, 1917 Porygon
2000-2250 0 shinies

Last edited:
I'm so jealous of you guys with shiny charms. I've hatched around 2,500 Koffings without it and not a single shiny. Can't wait for the pokebank so I can get mine.
Edit: Just got it =) Only missing attack and speed.

Last edited:
I just want to double check.... I am breeding a Japanese Aggron with a US Lairon ... The Lairon/mother is in a quick ball. Is this fine? 200 with no luck.

Going to try to breed some more tonight. I went ahead and picked up a german (both german language and with the region tag) 5iv Ponyta to breed with my 5iv Mamoswine. Here's hoping!

I'd like to pledge 120 eggs so far

Hatched 30 atm with no shiny. I'm currently breeding with a Korean (i think) 5IV male field, but if anyone has a spare 6IV jap ditto they can donate, or are willing to let me clone, that'd be fucking awesome.

edit: 60 no shiny

edit: 90 no shiny

Updating pledge to 240

edit: First shiny egg numer 108! woo

edit: 120 done'

edit: 150 done

edit: 180 done

edit: 240 hatched, got a third shiny

Increase pledge to 390 25/1

Last edited:
guys from what it seems we've already hatched 84 shinies in only 36030 eggs so i think the shiny charm does indeed affect breeding yeah :D !

Now that I've obtained the Charm and resumed breeding Espurr, I'd love to help out! Currently at 70 eggs, planning to hatch 1000 at the very least.

To side track abit....is there any research on shiny charm and breeding without using Masuda Method? Cuz i got a weird feeling the shiny charm actually ups the shiny rate of non masuda method breeding to the ratio of Masuda Method... I think i got more shinies thru normal breeding then MM. Yes i do have shiny charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)