Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Switched the parents to breed some things for my give away. Up to 330 eggs, no shiny. I updated my original post and the excel sheet.

i feel bad i'm not going to finish my 2000 before the goal

EDIT: on the bright side at least the goal is being reached :D

Last edited:
Day 5: I'm happy to announce that Masuda has finally smiled upon me and today's batch contained two! shinies when I least expected it, bringing my egg/shiny total to 810/3! One of them is the gender I wanted, too, although its SpDef IV is missing - I'll just try to cover that up with Calm Mind, ahaha. Spreadsheet updated.

Why are we stopping at exactly 50,000? It was a good starting goal, but it's clear at this point that MM stacks with shiny charm. Recording more eggs will help to ascertain the exact rate.

Yeah, I agree that we should keep going. it seems that MM stacks with shiny charm. I have gotten 3 shinies in 330 eggs, 2 of those were hatched right after one another :O We should keep going so that we can get a definitive answer on exactly how much the chances have increased of finding a shiny with MM + shiny charm.

Lets get the results for 50k, then continue to push on. I'll try to save the results and post it up as a separate document for everyone to view. Can someone please hatch the last 18?

Alright, thank you! Copy made. Lets all continue to hatch those eggs :D (Currently working on shiny megazard Y)

Link to completed sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbxGRX9WMCldDVFRlJrSTJ2NGtrLVV2ZWgwaGY1OFE#gid=0

Anyone on the web can find it, but CANNOT edit it.

I'm not sure what to do with the data on the bottom. I'm thinking of changing it to reflect the entire spreadsheet but I don't have the time at the moment, maybe tomorrow after I get all this studying done >.>

Last edited:
I'm currently at 590 hatches, and in a shiny drought. I refuse to give up, until I have my correctly quint shiny Helioptile. I will continue to update on the hunt.

Updating Post #375.

Edit: Shiny Drought ended, but since the IVs were incorrect, I'm pressing onward.

Last edited:
Finally got my shiny larvesta after 351 eggs. Updated the original post and spreadsheet (#169)
I think I'm gonna stop shiny hunting for now though, got some other projects to work on.

I've been following this thread closely, and I have to say that I finally have a good reason to complete the Pokédex! I've been hunting for a shiny Tyrunt for a while now, and the Shiny Charm looks to be the solution to my problems! Knowing the exact rate could be useful though, so yeah...you guys should keep at it until you get to the closest approximation. Good luck!

I just hatched 410+ and updated the list. May I ask what the goal of the statistics is? I'm really discouraged right now. I know 410 is not that high compared to others but it really frustrates me having still no shiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)