Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Just got my shiny charm.

33 eggs for a shiny Rattata.
7 eggs for a shiny Mareep.
39 eggs for a shiny Honedge.

I stopped hatching after each shiny hatched.

Wow, is this serious ? Been masuding like 1k eggs since I got the charms and no shiny. Did you use Ditto ? Do you tip a lot ?

Wow, is this serious ? Been masuding like 1k eggs since I got the charms and no shiny. Did you use Ditto ? Do you tip a lot ?
I almost always tip 1000 whenever I'm prompted. I didn't soft reset for these or anything either. Just filled a box of eggs and hatched.

Oh I didn't use ditto for the Mareep/Honedge. I used Ditto for Rattata but I just GTS'd a foreign girl Mareep/Honedge and tossed it in there.

Last edited:
did u iv breed?
The honedge was IV bred, didn't soft reset. Just filled a box with Honedge eggs, then hatched them all at once. He has 31/31/30/x/31/0. I'll take it. Tryin to hatch a perfect stat Gible right now, I'll post the results of that, too.

Hatched shiny Honedge on egg #345 out of 365. Updated the original post and the chart accordingly. Will move onto the next goal - shiny Carbink. Will pledge at least additional 500 eggs.

Last edited:
I almost always tip 1000 whenever I'm prompted. I didn't soft reset for these or anything either. Just filled a box of eggs and hatched.

Oh I didn't use ditto for the Mareep/Honedge. I used Ditto for Rattata but I just GTS'd a foreign girl Mareep/Honedge and tossed it in there.
My brother also always tips, whereas I never tip. We got the charm at the same moment and he already hatched 4 shinies (3 Yamask and 1 Chimchar). He thinks maybe Ditto has to do with this since all shiny Yamask were hatched very fast with 2 Yamask parents (2 shinies out of the 25 first eggs). Although all of this may likely just be odds, has someone experienced anything similar with Ditto/no Ditto and tipping/no tipping ?

My brother also always tips, whereas I never tip. We got the charm at the same moment and he already hatched 4 shinies (3 Yamask and 1 Chimchar). He thinks maybe Ditto has to do with this since all shiny Yamask were hatched very fast with 2 Yamask parents (2 shinies out of the 25 first eggs). Although all of this may likely just be odds, has someone experienced anything similar with Ditto/no Ditto and tipping/no tipping ?
Before I got my 6IV Japanese Ditto I bred 2 noibats together, 1 Japanese and 1 American, and I actually got a shiny on my 4th egg and another on the 21th egg ( too bad 1 didn't have the speed IV and the other the special attack IV ) so it may actually affect the odds. However after the second shiny noibat I kept breeding and I got no more shinies so I'm not sure.

updated post #485
1948 eggs since last shiny :/
breeding 6iv lvl 100 ampharos <the mareep was at lvl 96 already so rare candied> and jap 6iv ditto
i wonder when will i get that shiny mareep <8 days since last shiny>

Do u guys know any nice looking shiny pokemon? Especially pokemon which are black (for example shiny charizard or greninja)

OMFG... FINALLY GOT A SHINY KRICKTOT @ #1002 EGGS...

JUST TRYING OUT WHAT SOME GUYS TALKED ABOUT JUST PUTTING DESTINY KNOT AND NOT EVERSTONE TO THE BREEDING PAIR...1001 EGG WAS THE 1ST EGG WITH ONLI DESTINY KNOT AND NO EVERSTONE...AND THE NEXT EGG IS SHINY!!!!

Youtube link here:

Last edited:
Updated post #551 and spreadsheet.

Just got my shiny charm.

33 eggs for a shiny Rattata.
7 eggs for a shiny Mareep.
39 eggs for a shiny Honedge.

I stopped hatching after each shiny hatched.
Were you connected to internet when you got these eggs?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG... FINALLY GOT A SHINY KRICKTOT @ #1002 EGGS...

JUST TRYING OUT WHAT SOME GUYS TALKED ABOUT JUST PUTTING DESTINY KNOT AND NOT EVERSTONE TO THE BREEDING PAIR...1001 EGG WAS THE 1ST EGG WITH ONLI DESTINY KNOT AND NO EVERSTONE...AND THE NEXT EGG IS SHINY!!!!

*removes link*
I can see how excited you are! shaky camara! hehe.

But then natures random =(

Also wheres the egg moves at? xD

Yes I know Kricketot has no egg moves but it can still have "Egg moves" =)

Congratulations on your shiny though! ^^

*goes back to masudaing lileep*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)