Shoddy Battle, a new D/P simulator

man i cant connect, im sitting in i guess the main menu/loby that shows all the different servers? It says every server is 0/100, and when i connect it says "connection refused" grrr

Everytime I press the log in button, ShoddyBattle freezes.
Same here. I've been trying to get on for a while now, and I either have to make a new account, or restart my computer since it freezes and makes my computer really, really slow.

Tried it out today seemed ok at first but challenging people sucks and I always have to load a team by the time I load a team the person refuses the challenge. I can't tell status like para/freeze. Also what my current stats are after i use DD or Swords. The damage % are messed up 1 move on a Pokemon I did 51% the next was 40% same Pokemon no stats chances or anything. Although I won my first battle on it I rather wait for Competitor. It won't have these glitches and un-added features. But for Shoddy's program I give is a 5.5/10

I need help also, every time I challenge and they accept or I accept a challenge the game lags and I eventually get this message:

An error occurred while reading a message from from the server: Connection reset

also i have trouble getting on servers, no servers shows up on the list, when i attempt to manually access the offical server, i get error

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Either Magmortar has a lot more SpA than advertised, or it gets STAB from Tbolt.

[22:52] <Tangerine> Magmortar used Thunderbolt.
[22:52] <Tangerine> It's super effective!
[22:52] <Tangerine> Togekiss lost 102% of its health.
[22:52] <Tangerine> Tangerine's Togekiss fainted.

The guy runs a mild max attack Magmortar (383 max SpA) with Expert Belt.
Togekiss has 368 HP and 282 SpDef.

(42 * 95 * 383 / 50 / 282 + 2) * 2 * 1.2 = 264 max damage, 224 min, meaning there's no way to hit 102% damage (375 damage) on Togekiss...

Perhaps it's calculating STAB?

Also, Resist Berries are used up even if the attack misses. Also, they don't activate on Hidden Power.

When I was battling against Discord something strange happened. I had my Electivire in against his Cresselia, and on one turn I used Thunderpunch and he used Ice Beam. However, Ice Beam did no damage to Electivire, while Thunderpunch did damage

Also 6 CM Raikou's HP didn't touch it either.

I didn't mind the Cress thing because Cress always beats Electivire, and it killed yours anyway =]

Well, Shoddy is nice for testing ideas, but not much more. As far as I am concerned, Wi-Fi is still the real arena.
Meh. The ONLY things missing that have prevented me from making a team on Shoddy before was Magic Guard Clefable and Wet Rock. Other then that, I can make standard teams just fine.

WiFi is more accurate, but to be honest the metagame would take forever to be developed due to complications of breeding, EV training and lag. It, however, will always be the real "arena". Even Competitor was said to be "just meant for testing purposes". However, as I see it, most people will ditch WiFi and just stick to a simulator for battling purposes.

I haven't encountered the "no damage" glitch yet, so my opinions may change x(

I downloaded it. I think I'm gonna hold back until Net Battle updates their engine. I hope they end up including the Pokemon animations.

I'm having a problem in that every time i try to download it, my computer says that it can't support the file, and then shows up as a text document...

what happened?

Y helo thar random disconnects >_>

Aside from that, Shoddy Battle is fairly good. The increased damage bug was really strange, but apparently that's fixed now.

I downloaded it. I think I'm gonna hold back until Net Battle updates their engine. I hope they end up including the Pokemon animations.
You sure are going to be waiting a long time considering NetBattle hasn't been supported since before some people on this forum started playing Pokemon

Air Lock has now been implemented, so Rayquaza is actually worth using now. Also, status effects seem a bit screwy. Status moves like Hypnosis don't hit as often as they seem they should, but status effects from moves as secondary effects seems to have an increased chance. Maybe it's just my inexperience, but that's how it feels. Are there any plans to start a Smogon server until Competitor is out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)