Shoddy Battle Gym League, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I read through the other thread and listened to everyone's suggestions. I decided that to fairly decide who recieved a slot, they would have to pass a test. What I want to do is have each candidate for a slot setup their team, and I will try and find some impartial judges to battle each one in turn. Then I will rely on the impartial judges to tell me who out of the applicants is deserving of the slot.

Additonally, I like the idea of not having everyone locked into their slots. After the league is established, I will setup a set of rules to determine how a gym leader might be challenged for replacement. I think it will probably be along the same lines as what I am proposing now with an impartial judge. However, the new challenger would have to beat the gym leader they wished to replace first.

The Mantyke, I liked your idea of the Eeveelution gym. If you want the spot, it's yours. Gravity doesn't last that long or really work as a "specialty gym" anymore than Tailwind does.

Articanus, I'd like to see you try and build your team using Delibird instead of Claydol. It would be even more of a challenge than normal, and I'd like to see what you can do.

Cooper, in regards to your question, the leaders would be referred to as "Bug Leader _____"

Now, on to the applicants:

Alpha Region
Bug: OldSchoolNub
Dark: majesty
Dragon: Dalamar789
Electric: OmegaDonut
Fighting: Ditto
Fire: Inferno838
Flying: Articanus
Ghost: foxfear

Beta Region
Grass: Mario with Lasers
Ground: Loetke
Ice: Calciphoce
Normal: ZinkOxide
Poison: MadRhetoric
Psychic: Cooper
Rock: Colonel M
Steel: marrilpet

Gamma Region
Water: Discord
Sunny Day: [.darkie]
Rain Dance: COalex
Sandstorm: Aeroblacktyl
Hail: Dragontamer
Trick Room: pinecone
Eeveelutions: ???
Baton Pass: wakeuplan

Elite Four
NU: Tinnacious
UU: Shiny Oddish
BL: Akatsuki (backup: The shadow knight)
OU: Shiny Crobat
Ubers(Champion): Jibaku

Judges (I do not need anymore judges at this time)
Tochukaso
Source
Cooper
Loetke

As you can see, some of the slots have no challengers. This means no one else wanted their slot, and it will be given to them to start the league. They will hold the spot until someone wants to try and challenge them for it (see my earlier comment on this.)

If you have any questions/comments, post here or PM me.

EDIT: For those competing for the NU/BL/OU slots, I've created a Tier List based off of Serebii's and Marriland's lists. Anywhere there was a discrepace, I erred on the side of caution and placed the Pokemon in the higher tier. My list is located here:
Marril's Shoddy Battle Tier List

*UDPATE*
If you are competing for a slot, I need you to PM me when your team is finished. This way, I can inform the judges when I have applicants ready to be tested.

I'd like to be Rain Dance, Ground, or Water. I'd take just about everything else to a lesser extent, so if you need a slot filled or someone has to drop, I'll be glad to tryout for that too =]

By what time do we need to have our teams built and ready to battle? Also, what about time constraints on the leaders? If someone can't be on during a certain time for vacation, Internet down, school, etc., does that invalidate their position?

COalex, I put you down to challenge Loetke for the ground slot, as the other slots already have multiple challengers. I noticed you post in the other thread, but you didn't give any sort of preference as to what you'd like to do. That's why you were left off the list.

Cooper, I'd like you to try and have teams built within the next week. I'm not going to worry about time constrains right now. If we have a large issue with that, I may decide to test a set of alternate gym leaders in case the primary gym leader must be absent for a long peiod of time. However, I completely understand. I have no Shoddy this weekend as I am out of town, and can normally only be on during the week for a few hours each day. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

COalex, I put you down to challenge Loetke for the ground slot, as the other slots already have multiple challengers. I noticed you post in the other thread, but you didn't give any sort of preference as to what you'd like to do. That's why you were left off the list.
Actually, Rain Dance would be my top choice, since I've already got an awesome Rain Dance team. If it would be all right, I'd like to try out for that one first, then the others if I don't make it. Of course, it's your league, and therefore your choice!

Ehrmm I actually spend all day today putting together a BL,team since I was listed for that position in the previous thread...I'll try baton pass if neccesary though.

TSK, I'll let you tryout for BL if that's what you want. That actually works better as there are less applicants for that as opposed to Baton Pass.

TSK, I'll let you tryout for BL if that's what you want. That actually works better as there are less applicants for that as opposed to Baton Pass.
Thanks a lot.
EDIT:I'd also like to say that BL is rather usestablished at this point,some pokémon haven't got a clear tier status yet.This makes it hard somtimes to compose teams.

TaiwaneseDude, I'm actually trying to establish a tryout for gym leaders who posted in my thread yesterday. I'm not taking any new applicants unless you posted yesterday. I already have plenty.

[.darkie], I'm going to say to try and have your team done within this next week. I feel most people can accomplish that.

Yes, for now. There will be a way to challenge a gym leader for their spot after the league is officially established.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, I read, I just figured that there`s no reason anyone should automatically get the spot because they`re the only applicant. ESPECIALLY if they aren't the only one who wants the position. I can understand not taking applicants for the already competed leaders, like water, but to disallow competition for the Trick Room spot is a little ridiculous. Plus, having to "win" the spot should increase the quality of the leader.

As I said earlier: There will be a way to challenge a gym leader for their spot after the league is officially established.

The reason am not taking anymore applicants right now is because if I do, the league will never get started as I will have to kep auditioning applicants.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Do you have to challenge the mono teams with standard teams? Because if so, depending on whether Ubers are allowed in the mono teams, Dragon is either the most pathetic or most broken thing ever. Without Ubers, all Dragons get irreparably damaged by Cresselia or a starting Jolteon. With Ubers, Dragon is the most broken type ever, with Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus.

Brawlex, you are a judge.

Great Sage, the idea is to take on the mono-teams with another standard team. However, I know Dragon wil probably be one of the easier types to beat due to their massive ice weakness. And no, all mono-teams will be OU, no Ubers. Jibaku will be the only person with Ubers.

I'm seeing a lot of CB Weavile leads vs the Dragon Team :-p

Then again, if they know our strategy in advance, it would be easy as heck to break it. I mean, the Hail / Sandstorm strategy is typically beaten by a rain dance or sunny day team.

But I guess that will be part of the challenge.

I'm guessing that I am still a judge also.
Yep.

Also, Dragontamer, while that is true, think about how many people will take the time to build an effective Rain Dance/Sunny Day team before challenging your gym. Probably very few if I had to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)