Team at a Glance...

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hypnosis
-Substitute
252 Spa / 252 Spe / 4 Hp

I tried to focus on getting a sweep with gengar and I liked how this turns out. Thing like Yanmega leads fall victim to my substitute as I can take full advantage of getting behind a sub while they protect. As same for all protect leads. Fast enough to stop most common Stealth rock set ups as well as putting to sleep a counter for my team.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Sword Dance
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp

Well well, this thing just sweeps. And when you think you kill it, it just happens to be holding a yache berry. Its very hard to wall as I can get a sword dance on the swap and another when they use ice beam, just don't freeze or crit. Another thing about this is its durability for taking a hit, being one mabye, and killing whatever they thought could kill me. Sandveil is great on this.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Adamant
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit / Tpunch / Fpunch
- Crunch
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Ability: Imunity vs. Thick fat gah! im still confused, one helps it live, the other helps it live. dang it.

Well I'm thinking about replacing tpunch with fpunch as its a better couner to celebi and magnezone. Starmie was the reason I made this set. I needed to trap it with pursuit, and kill it before starmie kills most of my team in 2 hits. Get rid of Suicune, Raikou, no calm mind fails against Snorlax. Immunity is for toxic spikes and the like, because I already take some damage from sandstorm spikes stealth rock, it seems like a good ide to reduce some of that damage.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Mild
- Explosion
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Substitute
120 Atk / 252 Spd / 136 Spa

Ah, the thing that is fun about him is substituting. They swap into an inaproprate counter and get punished. Explosion and the EV's are meant to OHKO any blissey calm or bold, and also deal massive damage to Suicune, if it ever comes down to that. Lava Plume burns gyrados which helps me with that guy, he is a jerk. Earth Power for other Heatrans, and such as weak to earth power, TTar Rhyperior and others. BOOM!

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roar / Stealth Rock (still uneasy about it)
- Slack-Off
252 Hp / 16 Atk / 200 Def / 40 Spd

Hippo can take hits like no one else and heal off the damage. Roar is there for better taking care of magnezone as its HP will only 2HKO me, and tbolt or substitute, or magnet rise is an easy swap in. Sandstorm helps me cancel leftovers on the opponent allowing better sweeping. SP def EV's for zapdos, magnezone, and starmie. Extra atack, cus I could not find a bettter place to put those EV's. too much def I guess for me. Band Heracross 2HKO's this with megahorn and closecombat. Does roughly 55% so thats one disbenifit of not maxed defense.

Skarmory @ Shedshell
Impish
- Brave Bird
- Spikes ( Stealth Rock mabye)
- Roost
- Whirlwind
252 Hp / 16 Atk / 200 Def / 40 Spd

I needed a better way then just use snorlax to kill starmie, so spdef EV's are essential to wear it down enough for me to kill it. extra attack helps against gyrados. Shedshell for magnezone. Second phazer for curselax if hippo fails. All together a good pokemon. Sturdy too.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That Snorlax set is illegal. Pursuit is a D/P egg move whereas Thunderpunch is an Emerald Move Tutor move.

Team looks kinda messy.. and reasoning what he said with "not on shoddy" is lol. You should be respectful enough to not use illegal sets.

Your Gengar lead gets destroyed by Weavile leads.

Substitute on Heatran looks really bad, especially with mild nature that hurts his ability to take hits. Taunt / Dragon Pulse are better options IMO.

You might wanna consider a sleep absorber like restalk Snorlax.. I frankly don't remember how well the CB set works.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't matter. An illegal moveset is an illegal moveset, no matter how you compare it. Crunch is still a good move and at least is legal. That's like me using a Nasty Plot + Hypnosis Crobat, yeesh.

Another lol: Snorlax EVs.

Now, to look at this, even with Gengar in tow, your team does NOT like Fighting moves in general. Despite that, if you have problems with Bulky Waters, try Blissey with Toxic. Weavile could be a bit of a problem if he starts, and you really will suffer if he carries Pursuit.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
gengar wants life orb, it cant take a hit for shit.

Please dont use illegal sets.

Snorlax @ CB
{adamant}
Evs : 252 sdef / 252 attack / 4 hp
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Return
- Fire punch / thunderpunch / selfdestruct

works well

gengar wants life orb, it cant take a hit for shit.
two fold. this gar has sub and in sandstorm team nonetheless. with life orb, gengar will die in a handful of turns. usually, i would not disagree with you on this but life orb, sandstrom, sub, stealth rocks and of course oppositions' attacks all add up too quickly. i think it would average one maybe 2 switch ins a game.

Lee

@ Thick Club
Oh, great. Lets battle. I'll use Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azumarill. You can use your illegal moveset too.

Sound good?

No, because those movesets are illegal and it is stated in the Ladder rules that points can be deducted if illegal movesets are used.

Its shoddy system, not pokemon Pearl Diamond version, besides this snorlax knew mimic at one point and I glitch it on, if you want game reference.
That doesn't work.

Team seems solid enough, but Hippowdon doesn't bring anything to the team that Skarmory isn't already supplying. Using both of them on an otherwise offense orientated team seems strange. If you really want two physical walls, then use two that cover each others weaknesses. As it stands, they're both slaughtered by CBHera or any other powerful fighter. Replacing Hippo for Gliscor with a similar set would be a good step for overall walling capabilities, and also means you won't slowly be killing your Snorlax with Sand.

Alternatively replace him with Vaporeon to lessen your bulky Water woes. HP Electric for Gyarados.

two fold. this gar has sub and in sandstorm team nonetheless. with life orb, gengar will die in a handful of turns. usually, i would not disagree with you on this but life orb, sandstrom, sub, stealth rocks and of course oppositions' attacks all add up too quickly. i think it would average one maybe 2 switch ins a game.
The gengar is suppose to sweep, and sandstorm is not always active first turn which gives me some HP on sub If I have to. But behind a sub, I can counter popular leads that cause my team anyway. Besides with life orb, blissey can swap in, and Ill have just wasted away my HP, so killing blissey is a priority for it too work. Other wise I don't need hippo out for a while as skarmory can take most physical walls anyways. I replaced spikes with SR. Ev's on hippo and skarm stay the same.

I'd give Snorlax Selfdestruct as a last-ditch effort. It's very useful and takes out almost everything that isn't a Ghost-type in a shot. Very handy when you desperately need to kill something.

I added that for people to also know that wobbefett is allowed on shoddy,

Thats because he's being tested. He's not OU, nor is he allowed on Smogon Wifi battles.

as well as smergal with judgement,

No one cares. Smeargle's attack stats are so awful you might as well use a different poke, or use him for Baton Pass.

which just so happens to not be OU or leagle. Its shoddy system, not pokemon Pearl Diamond version,

No, its pokemon.

besides this snorlax knew mimic at one point and I glitch it on, if you want game reference.

That makes your Snorlax illegal. I thought the Mimic glitch was a fake?

Lee

@ Thick Club
I'd give Snorlax Selfdestruct as a last-ditch effort. It's very useful and takes out almost everything that isn't a Ghost-type in a shot. Very handy when you desperately need to kill something.
Note that it's illegal with Pursuit though.

I SAID IM DONE WITH COMMENTS. Go eat a cheese burger or something
lol grow up.

No one said your team sucks. You are just using an illegal moveset that can not be gotten in-game. Big friggin deal.

Your team is actually good. But you don't need Pursuit and Crunch on the same set (I see you chnaged it).

Crunch / Thunder Punch will give you the coverage as before, but if you want Pursuit put Curse or Rest in on the final spot.

Yeah curselax ftw, or boom/punch for fun.

Any special wall would be nice to your team, cress would be a nice add on since your team hates fighting

You guys, since he stated it's a ladder team, I'm sure it's suited for the shoddybattle ladder metagame rather than normal OU. I'm sure he knows his snorlax set is illegal, you don't need to tell him 10 times more than you need to.

As for the team, if you really want to use Stealth Rock, replacing roar on Hippowdon for it might work considering Skarmory already phazes with Whirlwind. I don't really see anything wrong with this team tbh. Good work.

No need to get annoyed. Anyways...

I'd consider Thick Fat on Snorlax over Immunity. You've already got 2 poison-immune pokemon, and the resistances can be pretty useful, especially considering you've only got 1 Ice resist.

I could see Heracross giving you some problems, though it could be dealt with by very good prediction. Replacing either Skarmory or Hippowdon with something that covers them better might also help, but it's probably not that big of a deal. Overall, a pretty good team.

I remember fighting this team(M-BLADE is my nickname).I won with my BL team IIRC(porygon 2 as lead,remember?)...or i lose?lol can't remember
Alakazam will give this team huge problems,beware of its Focus Blasts
If you want a real Starmie counter,try a Pursuit Weavile.

I remember fighting this team(M-BLADE is my nickname).I won with my BL team IIRC(porygon 2 as lead,remember?)...or i lose?lol can't remember
Alakazam will give this team huge problems,beware of its Focus Blasts
If you want a real Starmie counter,try a Pursuit Weavile.
I don't remember either. Well if I use Weavile then I have big problems with swap ins. Snolrax can take hits from things like surf and such unlike weavile who is 2HKO'ed by it and weak to stealth rock. Ill probally try switching up some of the spreads a bit on snorlax to experiment, for now, pursuit might have too stay as well as Crunch for a little better attack against celebii. As for getting rid of roar on hippowdon, im always sceptical about that as now I can't phaze magnezone out. Snorlax could do okay against it even if it has magnet rise. I think I might try Vaporeon in a spot somewhere.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
snorlax wants thick fat, so heatran rapings dont ensue.

nothing on your team barring snorlax can safely switch into the heatran, thick fat will remedy that.

snorlax wants thick fat, so heatran rapings dont ensue.

nothing on your team barring snorlax can safely switch into the heatran, thick fat will remedy that.
Earth Power - Gengar
Overheat / Fire Blast - Garchomp Heatran
HP electric, which wont be used anyway, Garchomp - Heatran (if its not speced or orbed then I can kill it at full health. Thats half my party that can swap into heatran, oh Snorlax too with max HP and already decent special attack. otherwise I would have no reason to swap in snorlax into heatran.

Thats the reason for Immunity, as for thick fat, Snorlax would be a default switch into heatran, big mistake I think. Since I can't recover HP. I think Immunity wins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)