Shoddy vs Game mechanics

Some of us know there are a couple moves here and there that aren't quite in-line with the mechanics in-game. I'm making this for a couple I noticed that are somewhat important that I'm noticing as I replay Platinum. There's just one I know of right now off the bat. I'll update if I see anything else.

Pursuit:
On Shoddy, if what you were switching out dies to Pursuit, you then have to opportunity to re-pick what you want to send out. I've used this strategy with Latias and Lucario: switch Latias out to Scizor originally, then if it dies to Pursuit I switch in Lucario instead. In-game (Platinum), however, you are forced to send out what you originally picked instead. There is not re-selecting. Since this is a central strategy and method of getting a SD Lucario into battle, I thought I'd let you guys know.
Also, from Maris:
Maris said:
In shoddy if a opponent is going to u-turn and will die you get the kill and the opponent does no damage. In platinum the U-turn has priority and then pursuit does its stuff.

This one I have now, and any others I may find are most likely not going to be fixed before SB2, but I'd thought I'd bring it up anyway. Maybe then there will be an archive of little move glitches.

If anyone else finds any, post em' here. I'll add them to a grand list.

more things on pursuit

In shoddy if a opponent is going to u-turn and will die you get the kill and the opponent does no damage. In platinum the U-turn has priority and then pursuit does its stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)