Should there even be a main chat in Shoddy Battle 2?

The main chat on Shoddy Battle has become useless. Constantly, multiple trolls are trolling in the main chat, and the shortness of bans and the ease of evading them makes trolling even easier. In addition, people spam up the main chat with battle requests and sometimes flooding. What almost never happens in the Shoddy Battle main chat is actual discussion like that which happens on IRC. Not much would be lost through not having a main chat; people could still talk using PMs, and trolling would be much more difficult if "disallow spectators" and "ignore" options were in Shoddy Battle 2. People who still wanted to chat while playing could just talk on IRC while playing on Shoddy.

The main chat on Shoddy Battle has become useless. Constantly, multiple trolls are trolling in the main chat, and the shortness of bans and the ease of evading them makes trolling even easier. In addition, people spam up the main chat with battle requests and sometimes flooding. What almost never happens in the Shoddy Battle main chat is actual discussion like that which happens on IRC. Not much would be lost through not having a main chat; people could still talk using PMs, and trolling would be much more difficult if "disallow spectators" and "ignore" options were in Shoddy Battle 2. People who still wanted to chat while playing could just talk on IRC while playing on Shoddy.
I actually quite like the main chat (obviously not when people are trolling it). But when some game mechanics have happened that I'm not to sure about the main chat has helped. The ignore button would help alot to get rid of those pesky trolls but I'm quite happy with main chat

I fear that if we close the chat and promote discussion on IRC instead, the trolls would simply move to #stark. I don't think anyone wants that. Besides, Noah does a good job at kicking people before they flood the chat anyway.

The main chat may be bad on places like SU where traffic is high, but if you go to say CAP, having a chat there is quite fun I find, and yea if there's anything that you are unsure about asking the main chat even in SU helps quite a bit, since there is always someone who knows the mechanics inside out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)