ORAS UU SHOUT (U-turn and Yell) Peaked #'s 3 and 5

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor

Mood Music

This song does a really good job of showing how this team is meant to be played. Just keep shouting until you win.

Introduction

Hello fellow UUers, donny P here comin atcha with a squad that has been destroying the meta since the suspect ladder went up. The original team revolved around Bulk up tornadus but after constant switching and editing I realized that the actual team worked really well and Torn did not. This team has topped the ladder with two people using it, peaking at number 3 and number 5 respectively.

The Team

Sylveon @ Choice Specs

Ability: Pixilate

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

- Hyper Voice

- Baton Pass

- Psyshock

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Words cannot describe how much I love sylveon in this meta. It comes in on dragons for pretty much free and when it does come in the opponent is heavily pressured, because anything that does take a hyper voice does not appreciate sylv baton passing out to the next member of the team. Sylv will generally be used in the early game, brought out as a double switch or on an enemy dragon type to start weakening the opponents pokemon.

Krookodile @ Choice Band

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Earthquake

- Pursuit

- Superpower

Things that can take a hit from sylveon generally include: Blissey, Roserade, Tentacruel, Nidoqueen, Crobat, Metagross, Arcanine, entei, etc. None of those mons appreciate taking a hit from Choice banded krookodile, and when they try to switch out 9/10 times they take minimum 60 from a pursuit or just fall to a knock/EQ. This krook also runs 40 defense evs to never get ohko’d by jolly Beedrill after Stealth Rock and hit it with a pursuit, even if the beedrill decides to stay in, it is forced into BP/U-turn/Rocks range which make it that much less threatening.
Krookodile also serves as the secondary fire check of the team because my only fire resist is a blastoise that has no recovery.

Celebi @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Nasty Plot

- Giga Drain

- Psychic

- Earth Power

With sylveon and krook blowing holes in teams, as well as them also not appreciating bulky waters such as suicune (which actually beats sylv if I switch in on a CM because timid) NP Celebi seemed like a mandatory addition to the team. Not many teams can survive the wall breaking core of these three mons and very often one of these three mons will be the MVP of any given battle. I have decided on running earth power over dazzling gleam because I feel that sylveon + mega blastoise do a fine job of pressuring mandibuzz/hydreigon and opposing mega aggron are more annoying.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite

Ability: Mega Launcher

EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Rapid Spin

- Dark Pulse

- Scald

- Aura Sphere

When an entire team is grounded, hazard stack becomes extremely painful to face, therefore the best spinner in the entire tier was needed to make sure that the team’s natural bulk is not compromised. Blastoise has the role of being this teams primary entei switch in, and along with krook makes sure that doublade does not 6-0 at +2 with shadow sneak. I have decided to run aura sphere over ice beam on this team because curselax becomes a huge issue without it.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Meteor Mash

- Bullet Punch

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

The amount of things that this pokemon blanket checks for this team is actually insane. I outspeed up to adamant conkeldurr and the rest is dumped into HP for bulk purposes. This set gets rocks up on things like Mega Aero, Florges and the like and also gives a decent check for pokemon like Slurpuff. Metagross is used primarily in the mid game to set up rocks and is useful in the lategame to spam bullet punch.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- U-turn

- Close Combat

- Flare Blitz

- Stone Edge

After some testing I realized that i needed a pokemon that would not die to mamo’s ice shard, outspeed most of the tier, and still be able to keep momentum. The only two pokemon to fit the bill were cobalion and infernape. I went with infernape over coba because it hits much stronger and gets better coverage with its stab moves. Infernape comes in clutch in the offense match up because not a lot of offensive threats appreciate taking a CC or a flare blitz, infernape also serves as the team's main revenge killer.

Conclusion

This team does a great job of showcasing the krook+sylveon core that most people have been raving about since sylv hit the tier. In addition to them NP celebi does a great job of making sure that fatter builds have a rough time walling the entire squad. The addition of scarfnape + bullet punch metagross is very helpful in checking a lot of threats on opposing offense, therefore I feel that this is a team that has a really good overall match up against balance, bulky offence, stall, and semi-stall playstyles. Offense as a whole gives this team a run for its money, but that is the nature of offense vs. offense.

Accelgor for making this amazing banner. Thisbemyalt , TSR and Amaroq for using this team to get reqs and showing me how effective it is. PrinceLucian for doing the same without having previously played this tier.Pak and GrilledClawitzer for being massive homies in ladder sessions. Killintime and Wanka for being bad at everything and making me feel much better about myself. LeoLancaster for showing me what it means to have base 20 speed irl

Attachments

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hi :]]

i think you should bump up mega blastoise's speed to 152 in order to outspeed jolly crawdaunt. while your team does have ways of handling it like celebi, healthy stoise, and healthy sylveon (provided it hasn't set up) i think the sd can be a bit problematic if it gets the chance to set up (think krook locked into pursuit). at that point you're either going to be letting your primary fire answer take a lot of damage just to revenge it or you'd be forced to go out into celebi to revenge which if it's focus sash, it's taking a hit and killing back or switching out. having extra insurance in the form of speed wouldn't hurt.

one more thing, have you ever experienced trouble with gyarados? seems like it'd give your team a fair amount of trouble should it get the chance to set up which isn't going to be impossible against your team. you might want to try running thunder punch on metagross. not only does it limit gyarados' manoeuvrability but it also allows you to check it should it get the chance to set up.

i also don't rly see why you cant run dazzling gleam on celebi seeing as how life orb hydreigon can be kinda annoying for your team to face especially considering sylv is constantly going to be chipped and hydreigon will keep switching out leaving your primary two options as infernape and hoping blastoise is healthy enough. i think you can afford to ditch earth power because a) aggron is constantly going to be whittled by being forced to take hyper voices from sylveon, in addition to that you have blastoise and krook which check it fairly well and metagross and infernape to do the same in a pinch.

not really much to say but hopefully i gave you some things worth considering.

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor
Tpunch on meta is something I've thought about but EQ/Mash coverage is too nice to give up in my experience, I have also considered running Tpunch on nape inplace of stone edge since mence is more reliably checked than gyara but so far stone edge has been a fine option. Dgleam is something that I have been switching on and off since the inception of this team, both have their definite purposes and its hard knowing which one I like the most. Thanks for the rate cynde ! :]

Edit: I have switched over to dgleam.

Last edited:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, Donny P! That's a really cool looking team that you've got going. I've got some ideas that you can try out in order to improve it.

• One of the biggest threats to this team that I noticed is Mega Beedrill. The team has five Pokemon that are quite vulnerable to it while also lacking a switch-in. To mitigate this huge weakness, I suggest replacing Metagross with Shuca Berry Cobalion. This change gives you a hard check to Mega Beedrills who carry Knock Off, and also a short-term check to those who carry Drill Run. With a set of Iron Head / Close Combat / Volt Switch / Stealth Rock, your team would be maintaining a Stealth Rock user while also obtaining another method of grabbing momentum in Volt Switch. Though, if you prefer, you can also opt for Swords Dance over Volt Switch for a secondary setup sweeper. Swords Dance would also give you a much more solid answer to CurseLax in case you felt that it is something the team still struggles with. Cobalion would also improve your team's matchup against Dark-types such as Mega Sharpedo. You should note, however, that replacing Metagross gets rid of your only flying and fairy resist. It is a pick and choose as to what threats you would rather your team deal with more efficiently. My personal opinion is that Mega Beedrill is too much of a threat right now to pass up on, while mons such as Crobat and Sylveon would still be fairly manageable even after the change. Here's the set:

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch / Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock​

• I would also suggest replacing HP Fire with Hyper Beam on Sylveon. Most of the time, your most optimal play will be to click Hyper Voice, as even resists do not like to switch into it. Your team seems like it can already deal with Steel-types quite well, so the merits behind using HP Fire are minimal. Hyper Beam, however, would allow you to more efficiently break down walls in desperation. It would give you another way to deal with the aforementioned Snorlax in the case that you kept Volt Switch on Cobalion, and is just a neat option to have in general on Sylveon.

Now, I do want to leave an alternate route that you can consider if you like. I think this would also be the ideal route, but you should note that the ideas behind these changes derive from one of my most recent teams. I would completely understand if you rather not make these changes for that reason, but the option will be here if you decide otherwise.

• The team could really struggle with Entei, as many of its members would like to switch out against it, but your only switch-in is Mega Blastoise. I suggest replacing Mega Blastoise with Offensive Defog Salamence. This change provides your team with a much more durable switch-in to Entei, as it can Roost off the damage taken from switching in. It also gives you a more reliable check to Fighting-types, as neither Sylveon nor Celebi are the best switch-ins to those. Most importantly, this change opens up your Mega-slot so that you can get much more out of it than Mega Blastoise can offer. Here's the set:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog​

• Now that your team can run a different Mega, I would suggest replacing Metagross with Mega Aggron. This change lets you retain a Stealth Rock user, fairy resist, and flying resist, while still patching up that huge weakness to Mega Beedrill. It also gives you a much better answer to Mega Aerodactyl as well. Additionally, Mega Aggron offers you a phazer, which your team currently lacks. In turn, the team will also be able to deal with setup sweepers such as DD Salamence and Gyarados, both of which seem quite threatening, much more easily. Here's the set:

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

I hope this helped, and best of luck with the team!

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey manipulative! I appreciate the rate and you def gave me some ideas I hadn't considered before. I will be making a different version of the team with mence>blast and maggron>meta and let you know how that does. Def see where you're coming from with those ideas but I do fear how the team would fare without the steel type priority for sylv. Will comment within the next week or so with thoughts on the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)